• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MW3 - Modern Warfare 3

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, funny you ask; I hated it...

Yeah, honestly, I was less than enthused. But I'm keeping my preorder, because I trust it will be so much better in the real full version.
What did you like least?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, honestly, I was less than enthused. But I'm keeping my preorder, because I trust it will be so much better in the real full version.
What did you like least?

Me too, exactly how I feel; I'm still totally up for Battlefield 3 all the way. There were a number of things in the beta that I disliked; one of them being the glitches, like you fall off the Metro map from under it, another being all the godforsaken campers; there are more campers in the beta than there are in CoD (which I didn't expect for a war simulator, like BF3), it takes too long to kill someone because the map is too big, and what I liked least is the amount of time I have to wait before I respawn; I don't know if it's just me, but it turns me off all the time.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Obviously, the beta alone lacks environment destructibility, and vehicles, but still even while those two aspects of the game will be met in the final product; a lot of work needs to be done to improve every thing else. I can't stand waiting over ten seconds before I respawn. The gameplay is also quite slow paced, so that doesn't help against all the campers, and just getting killed every fifteen seconds on some occasions, and then have to wait another ten seconds to respawn is bollocks. You have to be able to charge into combat in no time flat (as in CoD Team deathmatches); but then again, we were playing on Rush in the beta. Above all, it's a beta; and recently I've heard the metro was actually a pre-alpha and the true beta was the caspian border gameplay, which I presume PC gamers got to play.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, yeah, from what I've read, Metro is not anything at all like the final version.
90% of all major glitches are resolved is what they say too. I'd have to agree with the whole pre-alpha thing.
I played the alpha, it looked and felt better than this beta. Except for the wonky squad controls and spotting selection.
Other than that, it was better.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Actually, yeah, from what I've read, Metro is not anything at all like the final version.
90% of all major glitches are resolved is what they say too. I'd have to agree with the whole pre-alpha thing.
I played the alpha, it looked and felt better than this beta. Except for the wonky squad controls and spotting selection.
Other than that, it was better.

I agree. I'm not sure what this beta was accomplishing because the Alpha had less issues. It is very, very stripped down in terms of features [no vehicles, no squad controls, no joining as squad/friends] and if the fixes to the glitchyness are already in, then what are they testing? I believe the "open" beta was a mistake and this should have been kept in house for invitees and MoH purchasers only [the reason they're having this in the first place] because I think people are expecting a demo. They're playing this beta, less than a month away from release and it's nearly an unplayable mess. I was fortunate enough to get in some Caspian Border gameplay on PC and it is truly fantastic though, so I'm not worried about the final product.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. I'm not sure what this beta was accomplishing because the Alpha had less issues. It is very, very stripped down in terms of features [no vehicles, no squad controls, no joining as squad/friends] and if the fixes to the glitchyness are already in, then what are they testing? I believe the "open" beta was a mistake and this should have been kept in house for invitees and MoH purchasers only [the reason they're having this in the first place] because I think people are expecting a demo. They're playing this beta, less than a month away from release and it's nearly an unplayable mess. I was fortunate enough to get in some Caspian Border gameplay on PC and it is truly fantastic though, so I'm not worried about the final product.

This was indeed a bad move on their part-- looking only at the Beta forums where I'm logging my bugs, the main outcry of the "capslock crowd" is that, "this demo sucks ass." Try explaining the concepts of a beta test to them... Hahah yeah right.
To be frank, right now, it feels like a more-deadly CoD with longer respawns and some objectives thrown in. I mean hell, I just played a match where my team was abominable (mostly the sixth graders who pick up shooter games, I was trying it out on the Xbox); since the attackers were focusing only on kills, though, we pulled through to a victory unbelievably easily. The top three players were all on their team, but since they just loved camping our squad spawns and shooting, they got their asses handed to them.

It's just all backwards and frustrating right now. And I'm not getting the point. Was it supposed to attract the CoD crowd? Because it was broken, and the CoD crowd doesn't understand the meaning of the word "beta test," since Activision runs their shit in-house. Was it supposed to impress BF fans? Because their were no vehicles, the servers were down half the time, and the graphics were on "Lowest." Was it supposed to attract the casual game players? Because it's got a hugely difficult learning curve for them...

I just don't get it, but I'm hoping the full game will be the awesomeness that was promised in all of those sexy trailers.

[/rant]

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're absolutely correct; the final product is going to be the REAL good fps we've all been waiting for, the true fps that'll revolutionise how a skillful game is played. This is the last straw, how ever; I quit playing CoD because its just not the kind of fps I could convince myself to play. The "pre alpha" BF3 alone already has beaten CoD, but not by all that much. If by any chance the final product doesn't measure up to our expectation as the REAL good fps, I'm going to quit playing video games, and say fuck all to whatever BS they give. If you can't give us anything right, you may as well sign your death warrant.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
lol battlefield 3 lost over 50,000 pre orders because of the beta the game seems over hyped IMO.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol battlefield 3 lost over 50,000 pre orders because of the beta the game seems over hyped IMO.

Well, I basically heard there are over 12 million players across the world actively playing the beta alone TIL THIS DAY. That's just the beta, mate. That's certainly a good sign in terms of how DICE will profit when the final product comes out.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh yea; one thing I found so embarrassingly annoying on the Operation Metro beta was any downed opponent looked dead, but in fact was alive, camping while lying flat on the ground. I rush through corners where they frequently locate, ignore any that I assume dead, then get shot at.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Oh yea; one thing I found so embarrassingly annoying on the Operation Metro beta was any downed opponent looked dead, but in fact was alive, camping while lying flat on the ground. I rush through corners where they frequently locate, ignore any that I assume dead, then get shot at.

Well this is your own fault.

And yeah, those 50,000 are still going to buy the game within a week, even if they did cancel. All complaints about the game becoming Call of Duty are funny. Even if it is, it's Call of Duty with 64 players and FUCKING JETS AND ROFLCOPTERS AND SHIT. There's a reason MW3 has been so stingy with media and exposure of their game, because it's a glorified map pack with a 5 hour campaign, like the last 5. Might as well let BF3 soak up negative attention without giving consumers anything to compare it against other than warped nostalgia for Call of Duty. Activision is nothing but shrewd.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well this is your own fault.

And yeah, those 50,000 are still going to buy the game within a week, even if they did cancel. All complaints about the game becoming Call of Duty are funny. Even if it is, it's Call of Duty with 64 players and FUCKING JETS AND ROFLCOPTERS AND SHIT. There's a reason MW3 has been so stingy with media and exposure of their game, because it's a glorified map pack with a 5 hour campaign, like the last 5. Might as well let BF3 soak up negative attention without giving consumers anything to compare it against other than warped nostalgia for Call of Duty. Activision is nothing but shrewd.

No, it is certainly not my fault. You just can't tell if the guy is dead, or alive, given the intensity of battle. On first impression he looks dead. You're forced to rush into the action, just no time to process unnecessary information. The good news, at least that I've heard, is DICE rectified that as one of the component issues in the final product.

I agree on the rest, how ever. If anything, I wonder why there are people that still cling onto CoD, given MW3 is basically just an expansion pack to MW2, and Activision never did shit about improving their game engine, which they'd been reusing for the past several years. Personally, I never took those 50,000 cancelled pre-orders seriously.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Only 13 days left (United Kingdom); what about the respawn time?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[Modern Warfare 3; Worth it?]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVmo4xdgxtg&feature=relmfu"]Modern Warfare 3; Multiplayer Gameplay from IGN.[/YOUTUBE]

Hm; wonderful graphics, great scenaries, lovely maps, lovely guns, a familiar gameplay style to MW2.

Yet, loses *pace* pretty quickly. Exactly the same arcade-shooter as was MW2.

I actually watched a youtube video like this for Black Ops a few months ago, thought "wow, ok, there are some elements about the gameplay that are alright" (for instance, the gun handling in it is more like that of Battlefield 3 whereas MW2 and 3's are more rigid), ended up spending £42 for my copy, and quit playing it in only 10 days. I got bored. It's so crap, regardless that it has all these wonderful gadgety stuff on it. Decided to sell it afterwards. It's not worth having.

I don't know.

MW3, unlike Black Ops (which is crap), like MW2 is fast-paced, which makes it rather entertaining.

I'm going to just wait; and see what people say about MW3 from reviews.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
To speak in a terminology that a gamer may understand; why MW3 loses *pace* pretty quickly is because its shown to be yet another "run and gun" shooter. Get entertainment for a while, until you become bored.

Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer never really cared about their fans' opinions to make the best sequel possible; and all they've really given to the world is a remake of the tiring product from 2009.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
MW3 looks like MW2 to me. I'm still interested to play it and BF3. I need an Xbox...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It seems like the reviewers are riding the jock of this game even though it's not much different from its recent predecessors.

KDude

It seems like the reviewers are riding the jock of this game even though it's not much different from its recent predecessors.

I wonder if it'd help if they got people who are undecided on the FPS genre to review them.

Seems like people who play them are big fans though, so maybe not. It's just catering to the audience.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
My brother is buying the MW3 edition Xbox tomorrow. Conveniently, I am moving into the parent's home for a little bit, come early December. Will definitely be able to quell my CoD thirst :cheers: