User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Oh yea; one thing I found so embarrassingly annoying on the Operation Metro beta was any downed opponent looked dead, but in fact was alive, camping while lying flat on the ground. I rush through corners where they frequently locate, ignore any that I assume dead, then get shot at.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Oh yea; one thing I found so embarrassingly annoying on the Operation Metro beta was any downed opponent looked dead, but in fact was alive, camping while lying flat on the ground. I rush through corners where they frequently locate, ignore any that I assume dead, then get shot at.
    Well this is your own fault.

And yeah, those 50,000 are still going to buy the game within a week, even if they did cancel. All complaints about the game becoming Call of Duty are funny. Even if it is, it's Call of Duty with 64 players and FUCKING JETS AND ROFLCOPTERS AND SHIT. There's a reason MW3 has been so stingy with media and exposure of their game, because it's a glorified map pack with a 5 hour campaign, like the last 5. Might as well let BF3 soak up negative attention without giving consumers anything to compare it against other than warped nostalgia for Call of Duty. Activision is nothing but shrewd.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Well this is your own fault.

And yeah, those 50,000 are still going to buy the game within a week, even if they did cancel. All complaints about the game becoming Call of Duty are funny. Even if it is, it's Call of Duty with 64 players and FUCKING JETS AND ROFLCOPTERS AND SHIT. There's a reason MW3 has been so stingy with media and exposure of their game, because it's a glorified map pack with a 5 hour campaign, like the last 5. Might as well let BF3 soak up negative attention without giving consumers anything to compare it against other than warped nostalgia for Call of Duty. Activision is nothing but shrewd.
    No, it is certainly not my fault. You just can't tell if the guy is dead, or alive, given the intensity of battle. On first impression he looks dead. You're forced to rush into the action, just no time to process unnecessary information. The good news, at least that I've heard, is DICE rectified that as one of the component issues in the final product.

I agree on the rest, how ever. If anything, I wonder why there are people that still cling onto CoD, given MW3 is basically just an expansion pack to MW2, and Activision never did shit about improving their game engine, which they'd been reusing for the past several years. Personally, I never took those 50,000 cancelled pre-orders seriously.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Only 13 days left (United Kingdom); what about the respawn time?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Default [Modern Warfare 3; Worth it?]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVmo4xdgxtg&feature=relmfu"]Modern Warfare 3; Multiplayer Gameplay from IGN.[/YOUTUBE]

Hm; wonderful graphics, great scenaries, lovely maps, lovely guns, a familiar gameplay style to MW2.

Yet, loses *pace* pretty quickly. Exactly the same arcade-shooter as was MW2.

I actually watched a youtube video like this for Black Ops a few months ago, thought "wow, ok, there are some elements about the gameplay that are alright" (for instance, the gun handling in it is more like that of Battlefield 3 whereas MW2 and 3's are more rigid), ended up spending £42 for my copy, and quit playing it in only 10 days. I got bored. It's so crap, regardless that it has all these wonderful gadgety stuff on it. Decided to sell it afterwards. It's not worth having.

I don't know.

MW3, unlike Black Ops (which is crap), like MW2 is fast-paced, which makes it rather entertaining.

I'm going to just wait; and see what people say about MW3 from reviews.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

To speak in a terminology that a gamer may understand; why MW3 loses *pace* pretty quickly is because its shown to be yet another "run and gun" shooter. Get entertainment for a while, until you become bored.

Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer never really cared about their fans' opinions to make the best sequel possible; and all they've really given to the world is a remake of the tiring product from 2009.

MBTI
    ISTx

MW3 looks like MW2 to me. I'm still interested to play it and BF3. I need an Xbox...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

It seems like the reviewers are riding the jock of this game even though it's not much different from its recent predecessors.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    It seems like the reviewers are riding the jock of this game even though it's not much different from its recent predecessors.
    I wonder if it'd help if they got people who are undecided on the FPS genre to review them.

Seems like people who play them are big fans though, so maybe not. It's just catering to the audience.

MBTI
    ISTx

My brother is buying the MW3 edition Xbox tomorrow. Conveniently, I am moving into the parent's home for a little bit, come early December. Will definitely be able to quell my CoD thirst