• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional characters who remind you of real people

Atomic Fiend

Exactly what it says in the title. Who are some Fictional characters that remind you of existing people? Does Kitty from That 70's show remind you of your aunt? Does Barney from how I met your mother remind you of your douchebag best friend? Does Sue Sylvester remind you of a coach you once had? Well speak up and post here about it.

I'm comparing forum members to Bioware characters.

[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]:
AndersGinkgo.jpg

Ginkgo and pre-possession Anders, mostly because they share a simular odd, sometimes corny sense of humor and have the need to chime in on everything. They both have also hold the same child like demeanor or at least as far as I can tell online, which really doesn't count for much.

[MENTION=1464]LadyJaye[/MENTION]:
BethanyLadyJaye.jpg

Bethany and Lady Jaye. Admittedly half of the reason was she was a twin (Bethany is a fraternal twin however, Jaye is identical) The other half is, well... Has anyone spoken to Lady Jaye before? As in had a deep conversation with her? Both are believers, both have the same love for the wounded, both are very invested in retracing their family history, both can shoot fire balls out of their hands, both are, and I don't normally say this in regards to real life people as opposed to fictional characters, good people.

[MENTION=1456]Domino[/MENTION]:
JackPinkPirahna.jpg

Jack and Domino. Both have had really, really, really rough pasts, and both had to become equally rough and tumble to deal with them and not many woman can pull off the shaved head look. May be intimidating at first but are actually quite fun to be around and are even better to have at your back.
JackDomino.jpg

[MENTION=1241]Delilah[/MENTION]:
DelilahIsabella.jpg

Delilah and Isabella. The reasons for this one are dirty, and maybe tad personal on her half. They're quite worldly, and knowlegable in many things. Very knowlegable in men and has had expierences that most only dream of having.

[MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]:
GrandOaksometimeseldertreeVictor.jpg

Grand Oak (sometimes Elder) Tree and Victor. A magic tree that only speaks in rhymes, refers to itself as a poetree. Considering that Victor only speaks in poems he was the first person I thought of when first running into the tree. Sad, as I should have thought about the various other talking trees in fictions, maybe I should have thought about lord of the rings. I thought about Victor.

Victor.

[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]:
merrill2prplchknz.jpg

Prplchknz and Merrill. Do you know what a cloudcuckoolander is? A character living in their own little world. Theire own world where eggs are a viable means of currency and Griffens named Feathers make good pets. Sometimes they get themselves in serious trouble however and need friends to bail them out. They're both entertaining to have around though.

[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]:
EDIJennifer.png

EDI and Jennifer. This one is a little more difficult then the ones prior. Similar to reasons why I compared Anders to Ginkgo, I think it has more to do with the humor they both share, very smart allicky.

I have more I'll post later.

G

Ginkgo

[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]

Triana Orpheus from the Venture Bros. She has a down to earth quality about her that distinguishes her from the rest of the freak show cast of characters. Both of them have that punk/goth whatever image thing going on; it's not that they aren't silly from time to time, but they both seem more in touch with both the not-so-pleasant and the pleasant.

triana-orpheus-picture.jpg

[MENTION=13147]senza_tema[/MENTION]

Kelly Kapoor from the Office. She's Indian.

kelly-kapoor.jpg

Other than that, virtually no similarities.

[MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]

Gravemind. He's a surging power house of collective information and living tissue that communicates in cryptic poetry. On the surface, he seems to have a rather neutral disposition, but his handiwork tends to pop up everywhere in swarming numbers, suggesting he has a pretty consistent shtick.

H2CH_FL_gravemind09_jr.jpg

[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]

San from Princess Mononoke. As SH mentioned, she kind of lives in her own little world. However, San has an almost inhuman fierceness about her that tends to surface when something she holds dear is threatened. Certainly whimsical.

mononoke%5B1%5D.gif

Atomic Fiend

[MENTION=4384]ThatGirl[/MENTION]:
VelannaTG.png

Velanna and TG, started out as abrasive and highly combative, eventually mellowed out with time. Still the same person at the end of the game but more stable, believed everyone she spoke with was a moron.

[MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION]:
TaliYWIR.jpg

Tali and YWIR. A part of a culture mistrusted because of something that was done in the past, yet still so sunny about it. She's very much her own person, but has a strong love for her family and respect for her religion, also very bright.

[MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION]:
MissionVaoPatches.jpg

Mission Vao and Patches, both brilliant individuals who think nothing of their brilliance. Sense of order underneath all the cute. Both of them could find you if you flew to Shanghai after undergoing plastic surgery and changing your name to Phyuk Yiu.

[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]:
sigrunKyueei.jpg

The moment I realized Sigrun was not to different from Kyueei is when you're recruiting her after her enter unit dies, and you tell her you ran into a talking Darkspawn and she says back to you "A talking darkspawn? What would they have to say? 'ello mate, would you like a spot tea?'" She's just so... Kiwish with her dialouge.

[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]:
MiraLexicon.jpg

Mira and Lexicon. I haven't played KOTOR in a long time but I remember Mira as this roughish but very down to earth character. She was a bounty hunter, who never killed, and had a very practical outlook on life. She's also one of the few crew members who won't date the protagonists, having no interest in him. Depending on your actions post game she'll eventually quit the bounty hunting business and end up living in peace and dying of old age.

Or she'll be gunned down by other bounty hunters while killing them in a hail of gunfire, it's up to the player.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Marmie Dearest: Julia Roberts' portrayal of Erin Brockovich. Tenacious, passionate, empathetic and driven by her values. Has no problem calling someone on their BS.
faMl9.jpg

Elfboy: I could pick several characters here, but I'll settle for a combination of Ling Yao from Fullmetal Alchemist (slick, clever and affable) and Valant Gramarye from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (elegant, flamboyant and fun-loving).
ZHnGq.jpg
XME83.png

skylights: Jenny Wakeman (AKA XJ-9) from My Life as a Teenage Robot. Lively, smart, always willing to lend a hand.
9inMe.gif

Vasilisa: Kanaya Maryam from Homestuck. Even-tempered, gentle and kind, motherly, even. Has a soothing presence.
vMdAu.gif

(Disregard the chainsaw. That's only used for hand-to-hand combat. ;))

Saturned: Charlotte "Chuck" Charles from Pushing Daisies. Understanding, quirky, interested in all sorts of subjects and quite romantic. Not afraid to "stand her ground", so to speak, nor of looking silly.
ocF5C.jpg

Savage Idealist: Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. Idealistic, geeky, friendly and concerned with doing the right thing.
s4uw3.jpg

CuriousFeeling: The one and only Amélie Poulain. Sensitive, introspective, shy and bookish.
DqTlN.jpg

Rasofy: Richie Foley from Static Shock. Sharp, witty, geeky and laid-back.
00fzF.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[MENTION=1456]Domino[/MENTION]

ellen_folklore.jpg

She's curious, and mysterious, and powerful in her own unique way. She has a lot of supporting cast that help guide her down her path, and a few friends become foes along the way--but she's strong enough to face them by the time she figures it out.

[MENTION=5398]Edgar[/MENTION]

1096812-footballzombie_large.jpg

[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]

13741228.JPG

My favorite book heroine growing up. A strong woman that has to live her childhood years disguised as a boy in order to persue her desires to be a knight. After it's revealed she's a woman, she struggles with a kingdom that needs her--yet rejects her--only to come back in this final chapter [vague spoiler alert] as a savior to the throne.

[MENTION=1464]LadyJaye[/MENTION]

The+Pearl+of+the+Soul+of+the+World.jpg

The main character goes on an amazing journey, much bigger than she ever meant herself to be, in order to try and save the sickness of one. In the process, her journey overwhelms her and swallows her narrow eyes whole - forcing her to see the rest of those around her.

[MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION]

tumblr_kzioqaLvsB1qb8opao1_500.jpg

[MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION]

tumblr_li5ni4xhAe1qbobrso1_400.gif

Upbeat and absolutely positive attitude all the time. I love it.

[MENTION=1545]Silently Honest[/MENTION]

You have a lot more depth to you than you initially let on.

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
OMG at the 'Darkangel' trilogy!!!

Thanks so much K!

I read the first book a long time ago and I loved it. Meant to follow up with the second one but never did. Then I forgot the name of the book. FAIL.

I'm gonna check this out from the library next week.

Ooh...I haven't been to a library in years...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=604]YourLocalJesus[/MENTION]
250px-Kurimu01.jpg

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are we just doing forum members? Because I was going to say Miranda in The Devil Wears Prada seriously reminds me of my old high school principal. :aquiver:

the-devil-wears-prada-10.jpg

Atomic Fiend

Actually on the subject of non-forum members my English II teacher from High School reminded me of Kreia. So much that I expected her to reveal a hidden evil side at the end of the year. Joke was on me, we saw it within the first 3 weeks.
KreiaMsPolitis.jpg

And my longest time friend reminds me of Alistair. A little whiney, huge bias against anything that goes against what he was taught as a kid, and despite this as loyal as a dog.
Alistair.jpg

[MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION]:
Niles-Crane-MP.jpg

Niles Crane. An intelligent and cultured man, who's life was poisoned by anothers presence, eventually he sheds the toxic individual... but not without lots and lots of effort, and even after that his life doesn't improve till he and Daphne tie the not. A more action oriented alternative would be Teiria Erde, but I've already told him that.
TierriaErde.jpg

[MENTION=5143]Salome[/MENTION]:
Morrigansalomebluemondaymorganlafey.jpg

Morrigan and Salome. As the story goes, Salome brought John the Baptists head to her mother by means of seduction. Arthurian Legend tells us that Morgan Le fay seduced Arthur and took his child to raise in secret till he was old enough to take Camelot for the both of them. Perhaps it was her namesakes that made me think of Morrigan from DA, a witch who at her mothers behest seduces the main character and takes his child to raise in secret. Of course the similar attitudes towards others may also have had something to do with as well.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Peguy: Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series. Intellectual, serious, solemn and occasionally goofy.;)
F0bJR.jpg

Jenaphor: Izumi Curtis from Fullmetal Alchemist. Firm, decisive and willful, but also good-hearted.
A7EEi.png

G

Ginkgo

[MENTION=4212]Peguy[/MENTION]

Van Hohenheim from Full Metal Alchemist, for roughly the same reasons as above.

31590.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
OMG at the 'Darkangel' trilogy!!!

Thanks so much K!

I read the first book a long time ago and I loved it. Meant to follow up with the second one but never did. Then I forgot the name of the book. FAIL.

I'm gonna check this out from the library next week.

Ooh...I haven't been to a library in years...

The next two books are just as good, I promise you that. I won't spoil anything for you ;)

[MENTION=4212]Peguy[/MENTION]

Van Hohenheim from Full Metal Alchemist, for roughly the same reasons as above.

[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I really could see this one, no doubt.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Slowriot:
Comic_Book_Guy.png

Savage Idealist:
tumblr_lfy75weuet1qeli0f.jpg