User Tag List

View Poll Results: Annoying or not?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not. I'm not a customer of netflix anyways, I just wanted to vote.

4 18.18%
  • Not. I think it's a reasonable request.

7 31.82%
  • I think it'd be reasonable if they improved streaming.

11 50.00%
  • Why not limited DVD rentals for streaming clients so they don't have to purchase DVD plans?

4 18.18%
  • I think they're being greedy and I don't like it.

0 0%
  • I AM TOTALLY OUTRAGED/MILDLY ANNOYED FOR REAL.

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have both to cover all my bases and I have had to use them both for rare finds. Until I get a new computer, I like watching them on the TV screen best. /greedy

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm not particularly annoyed. I recently switched from a two at a time unlimited rental plan at Blockbuster and it still cost more than two at a time with Netflix does now. The selection and the extreme convenience and variety of their streaming service is worth the extra few dollars.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I have both to cover all my bases and I have had to use them both for rare finds. Until I get a new computer, I like watching them on the TV screen best. /greedy
    we stream netflix through the blueray player onto the tv... in the living room and bedroom

I'm afraid that the man is a bit of a technophile...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    we stream netflix through the blueray player onto the tv... in the living room and bedroom

I'm afraid that the man is a bit of a technophile...
    I do too. I meant for movies that aren't on netflix to stream but I want to watch them right away. blockbuster is newer to streaming but still has some titles and exclusive rights that the others don't have (I already admitted I'm greedy), plus I keep getting them to lower my monthly fee. I also use Vudu to rent stuff I can't find any place else if I have to and there is no monthly fee for vudu. Vudu goes directly to my TV or I can watch on the computer (which I rarely do because it's too slow).

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Still, they claimed to go this route to give the customers more options.. but I see little in the way of this helping streaming-fans. This seems to just put a lot more emphasis on the DVDs, and thus delay updating the streaming. Why update if everyone's purchasing DVDs?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

I'm on A streaming only plan at the moment because of my current living situation, but I'll probably switch back to one at a time plus streaming at some point still cheaper than renting a movie from blockbuster every week.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i cancelled my netflix account, they have a pretty good selection but it's never what i want to watch. i like having the actual files from torrents better anyway, so i'd end up downloading even the stuff they had. when i cancelled i listed "bootleg dvds" as my main source of movies .

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    we stream netflix through the blueray player onto the tv...
    Until I get that set up I'll be switching to DVD-only plan. I loathe watching things on a laptop screen.

I think that this pricing change would be fine if more than 10% of the stuff I wanted to watch was streaming. They have to seriously beef up their streaming offerings if the new price is going to be worth it. I'll just stick with the DVD-only plan. Besides the meager streaming offerings, I hate watching stuff on the laptop.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    P.S. I think the "outraged" option is kind of comical and unreasonble. This is a private business, not the government, they don't owe anyone anything. I used to feel like it was an ubelievable steal to watch so may quality films on demand back to back on my laptop. Usually if you purchase individual, on-demand films through digital cable it costs A LOT MORE.
    That's my impression as well. I mean, the price bump does suck. Then again, it's only the cost of a fast-food meal for an entire month of free downloads. What's Rhapsody up to now for a month? $15? Meanwhile, the economy sucks and I have no idea what the movie studios are doing in terms of raising their own prices to NetFlix. I think we're only spoiled because the Internet has typically provided free content to users with costs paid by the site owners to put their info out there (that's the original model), which isn't really the case for much else in the world.

I would guess DVDs incur additional cost, due to maintenance, storage, inventory data, etc.

I would expect prices to go up, and go up faster than they have been. Is Blockbuster even still around or are they officially dead yet? (IN other media, Borders is now gone. There's a lot of big companies that can't even stay afloat.)

I do like the Streaming convenience, but it's been disappointing when I check out a movie and it's not available for streaming... it's happened for maybe 30% of the movies i look up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft