• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that make you cry (saddest movies)

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Didn't see this around, felt like making it after that terrifying moments made me think of a movie that half fit, but fits here way better.

Here's my two starters, both are crazy sad:

Grave of the Fireflies

Dear Zachary (this is a documentary and it's on Netflix instant right now. It's really good, but it is also the hardest I've ever cried at a movie. This is not "if you cry then you're a wimp" stuff, it's "if you do not, you are some kind of monster" stuff)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
To name but a few:

Marley and Me (I'm not even a big dog lover but still)
My name is Khan
Love actually
Hotel Rwanda
Titanic (only once)
Stepmom
The Pianist
Forrest Gump
P.S I love you
I cried when i read The Notebook .. I won't watch the film.

It's best i watch sad films alone as i do get emotional. I feel their pain.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Grave of Fireflies.

Officially was the only film that ever made me cry, until last night, when I watched The Deathly Hallows Part 2. I cried.

Damn you, Alan Rickman.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I cried when I watched a documentary the other day about lions in africa catching and eating buffalo. The buffalo looked so sad as they were getting eaten alive. :(

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Grave of Fireflies.

Officially was the only film that ever made me cry, until last night, when I watched The Deathly Hallows Part 2. I cried.

Damn you, Alan Rickman.

As a fellow person who puts Grave of the Fireflies right up top, I'm telling you. Dear Zachary (presently on Netflix instant). That movie. Goddamn. I mean, I love it, but. Damn.

When the Wind Blows. Also sad, very similar to Grave of the Fireflies.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
when the levees broke, it's a documentary about hurricane katrina and soooooooo sad i always bawl my eyes out when i watch it.

i know there are a lot of others but i'm blanking. i watched blue valentine recently and that made me cry a lot.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A few:
The entire last 15 minutes of Toy Story 3.
The end of Pan's Labyrinth.
Twice in Up -- the opening flashback sequence, and the scene later when Fredricksen REALLY takes a good at the picture book he and his wife had together.
End of Road to Perdition
Opening to Star Trek (the new movie) when Kirk's father faces off against the Romulan ship

i dunno, there's a number of them...
Officially was the only film that ever made me cry, until last night, when I watched The Deathly Hallows Part 2. I cried. Damn you, Alan Rickman.

He was damned good, wasn't he?

Yeah, I cried during the memory review... and then Harry's whole "trudge to the end" and meeting his dead. What a lonely road.

On that track Schindlers List gets me every time.

Which was weird for me, since the movie content was pretty harsh... I was mortified by much of it ... but I don't think I actually cried. It just seemed so stark to me.

I did cry over Saving Private Ryan... but not the graveyard scene.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've noticed that I tend to cry when the people in the movie are crying. Same is true for real life. Ahahahaha

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weeping for Forest Whitaker? :biggrin:

Weeping in rememberance of money lost, I imagine.

I wept for scientologists everywhere. No one, not even scientologists, deserved to sit through it.

Super 8 was one of the rare movies where I almost shed something resembling a tear. Oh yeah, and E.T. too.

But I didn't cry like I did through Battlefield Earth.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The pursuit of happiness, and gone with the wind (every time) oh and wuthering heights.
Excuse the poor punctuation, i just dont give a shit today.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Someone mentioned Blue Valentine.. yes.

Precious. (Bawl Fest)

Requiem for a Dream.

My Sister's Keeper. (Made an ISTP tear up)

I Am Sam.

Full Metal Jacket.

The Fountain.

Midnight Express (fantastic flick from the 80's where this guy gets thrown into a Turkish prison. OMFG, it was saaaaad)