• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that make you cry (saddest movies)

G

Glycerine

I must have no soul or heart because I don't cry at movies EVER. lol Someone on this forum tried to break me but it didn't work...

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
  • [*]Yes, the notebook... I hate that movie... It manipulates me into sobbing like a moron throughout it's entirety

I fucking hate that movie. It makes me do the dumb ugly heaving cry, the one that racks your entire body and twists your face up. Stupid manipulative movie.

Edward Scissorhands makes me cry every time. HE MAKES SNOW FOR HER, PEOPLE, MOTHERFREAKING SNOW.

The Fall. I cried hard in that.

V for Vendetta DON’T JUDGE ME. The Valerie bit. It hurts my heart.

"But what i hope most of all, is that you understand what i mean when i tell you that even though i do not know you, and even though i may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you... I love you. With all my heart, I. love. you."

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Again, all you "I never cry at movies" people: Dear Zachary. On Netflix instant right now. Watch it, especially alone.

THAT GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 Centimeters Per Second
A lot of Disney/Pixar films (But they are made to try to make you cry happy tears)

There is definitely more... I just can't remember them.

Grave of the Fireflies

First time I was told to watch this, I was like... damn :(

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will never. EVER. watch Dumbo. Ever ever again.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Oh god.

That movie has been making me cry since i was 5. I have a ban placed on it.

I wholly support your decision. :solidarity:

I rewatched that movie when I was a cynical 26 year old, thinking that it couldn't touch me.

I was wrong.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I rewatched that movie when I was a cynical 26 year old, thinking that it couldn't touch me.

I was wrong.

EXACTLY. It's a harsh tricky bitch like that. It will hold your emotions hostage and make you cry a river to get them to return.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dumbo is no respecter of persons! Or baby elephants!

Ingrid in grids

And I thought crying through Dumbo was just me...!

It's always the Mum-Dumbo scenes that get me... first when she's taken away from him, and then the scene through the bars of her confinement. The ending is still kind of sad too. I wish Mumma Jumbo and Dumbo ran away from the circus and into the wild. I call for a Dumbo 2!!

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
And I thought crying through Dumbo was just me...!

It's always the Mum-Dumbo scenes that get me... first when she's taken away from him, and then the scene through the bars of her confinement. The ending is still kind of sad too. I wish Mumma Jumbo and Dumbo ran away from the circus and into the wild. I call for a Dumbo 2!!

This one?

Dumbo.gif

images

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At least Dumbo got his mother back. Bambi, on the other hand... :cry:

G

Glycerine

Again, all you "I never cry at movies" people: Dear Zachary. On Netflix instant right now. Watch it, especially alone.

THAT GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN.

No. One of the saddest films I have seen but still NADA. It made me feel empty as opposed to compelling me to cry. Strangely I am Fe dom but have a very cat like personality.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. One of the saddest films I have seen but still NADA. It made me feel empty as opposed to compelling me to cry. Strangely I am Fe dom but have a very cat like personality.

Watching something emotional, I tend to harden and refuse to cry, or I get mad.

Perhaps movies aren't "real" reasons for you to warrant tears. Things that happen in your real and waking life can prompt tears from you?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oddly, Dumbo has made me sadder the older I've become. You think it would go the other way.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Has anyone yet mentioned how abusive it is to make small children watch Bambi ?

I have a vague memory of watching that in the theater when I was five or six and crying my eyes out.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Do you watch it from the mother's perspective now?

I still watch it from Dumbo's perspective, but I have so much more empathy for the mother now, I guess a more adult understanding how how utterly soul crushing it would be to have your child taken from you. Rather than as a kid identifying with not being able to see a parent.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you watch it from the mother's perspective now?

I don't know. I hadn't thought about it in that manner. Being that I don't want kids and am kind of estranged from my mother I can't exactly get into either role. I think I've become pretty sensitive to the general subject of two people (even if they are elephants) being forced apart.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I cried a little bit when I watched Batman Begins.

I should just stop now. The list would be hellaciously long if I listed everything that made me just a little teary.

I do think the Tolstoy movie I mentioned in an earlier post was the last one that got to me in an extreme way though, like that I really cried over.