• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that make you cry (saddest movies)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Also, I forgot to mention the ending of Million Dollar Baby. Damn you, Eastwood. :boohoo:

That just made me laugh. I was especially fond of the continual peeks at the stool in the ring before - it - happened...pure hilarity.

T

ThatGirl

[YOUTUBE="YnY4EaC0E60"]Life is Beautiful[/YOUTUBE]

It doesn't matter how many times I have seen this movie, at six minutes in, I start bawling like a baby. Lol.

V

violaine

Oh boy, "Boys Don't Cry" was tough to watch. I didn't cry so much as felt kinda punched in the stomach, bleh.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Birdemic makes me cry because people actually like it, even the ironic sort of liking is saddening.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Milk. Never cried in a movie like I have that one.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Edward Scissorhands

I was almost afraid of putting it here... :blush: But yes! The DVD cover alone can make my eyes misty. :cry:

Also, there's a Brazilian movie called Olga, which is a biopic of a woman with a pretty tear-jerking life story in itself, that was shown once in my class... Oh dear. :(

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edward Scissorhands
I was almost afraid of putting it here... :blush: But yes! The DVD cover alone can make my eyes misty. :cry:

The scene that always gets me is her dancing in the snow, both in the middle and at the end of the movie. It's bittersweet.

lane777

nevermore
I couldn't get Gladiator off my brain for weeks. Edward Scissorhands and Terminator II really moved me as well... if the lead is of high moral standing, undergoes intense hardship and it all ends tragically for the character, I will cry. lol

I cried when I watched a documentary the other day about lions in africa catching and eating buffalo. The buffalo looked so sad as they were getting eaten alive. :(

Wtf :aquiver:... lions suffocate their prey first.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It seems "sappy movies" are more apt to get me "misty eyed" than genuininly heart touching quality dramas.

Not something I am proud of but mostly just a "physcial reaction" that I have given up on fighting despite myself.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I cried when i read The Notebook .. I won't watch the film.

Anyone who doesn't cry at the end of the Notebook doesn't have a soul. RACHEL AND RYAN 4 EVA!!!!1111oneoneone

A few:
The entire last 15 minutes of Toy Story 3.
Twice in Up -- the opening flashback sequence, and the scene later when Fredricksen REALLY takes a good at the picture book he and his wife had together.

Those guys at Pixar know how to get you goin, man. I was a mess over both of these. Especially the opening vignette from Up. I damn near had to excuse myself from the theater.

It sounds odd, but the last half hour of Black Swan got me pretty good, too. I was a ballerina when I was younger, and completely identified with the all-consuming, self-destructive love and obsession that Natalie Portman's character had with the artform. She earned the shit out of that Oscar.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The ending of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King makes me cry every time.

Other than that, movies that I remember that made me cry are:
Driving Miss Daisy
Rudy
Forrest Gump (of course)
Life is Beautiful (again, of course)
The Wrath of Khan (because I am a shameless nerd, okay?)

I don't remember actually crying during too many other movies. I'm not counting anything during that horrible part of puberty when everything I watched EVER made me cry, though.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gladiator, The English Patient, and The Pianist all had me crying so hard (on repeated viewings, too) that I almost had to laugh at myself. Specifically:

Gladiator - the end scene where Maximus dies - the whole fact that above all he just wants to get back to his family is so heartbreaking. And he's such a hero ;)

The English Patient - above all the scene where Almasy comes out of the cave carrying her - ouch

The Pianist - I bawled uncontrollably when he plays the beautiful Chopin piece for the German soldier

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Wrath of Khan (because I am a shameless nerd, okay?)

You're forgiven (although you're still likely a shameless nerd). :smile:

It's still easily considered one of the best of the Trek movies, and Kirk is finally facing death after a lifetime of remaining untouched by loss.

Gladiator - the end scene where Maximus dies - the whole fact that above all he just wants to get back to his family is so heartbreaking. And he's such a hero ;)

It was a good scene, and well-handled. It was a nice resolution... that an accomplished man of war only really ever wanted to live in peace, and now he has achieved that.

A

Anew Leaf

• Wall-e
  • Toy story 3 (when they are in the garbage burner I lost it)
  • How to train your dragon
  • Tangled
  • The fountain
  • Pans labyrinth
  • Gladiator
  • Crouching tiger, hidden dragon
  • Kenshin OVAS
  • Yes, the notebook... I hate that movie... It manipulates me into sobbing like a moron throughout it's entirety
  • Star trek - new one, part where the dad dies in the beginning
  • Super 8, just because the mom died
  • After the wedding (Danish film... Amazing! Bring tissues.)
  • Braveheart
  • Saving private Ryan (I literally cannot watch this film)
  • Schindlers list
  • Last of the mochicans (that part where the chick just falls off the cliff because she doesn't want to live anymore)
  • Gangs of new york (only because DDL dies and Leonardo doesn't. What. A. Gyp.)

mavericknm

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Its weird because IRL I'm a rock. But in front of the screen I'm a bubble ready to burst. But clearly not quite as ready to burst as some of you :p

Walle
Kick Ass
Forest Gump
gladiator
The Green Mile even though I only saw the last 20 mins
Iron Giant
blood diamond
AI
pursuit of hapiness

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can I ask what you cried about in Kick-Ass? (I'm gonna guess it's the scene where Hit Girl says goodbye to daddy, since I can't imagine another... unless it was tears of laughter in various spots.)

wolfy

awsm
The most I ever cried was when that fat lady drowned in the Poseidon Adventure. It was crazy. The saddest I've ever been is when the mum in Muriel's Wedding burns the lawn.