User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I couldn't get Gladiator off my brain for weeks. Edward Scissorhands and Terminator II really moved me as well... if the lead is of high moral standing, undergoes intense hardship and it all ends tragically for the character, I will cry. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I cried when I watched a documentary the other day about lions in africa catching and eating buffalo. The buffalo looked so sad as they were getting eaten alive.
    Wtf ... lions suffocate their prey first.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

It seems "sappy movies" are more apt to get me "misty eyed" than genuininly heart touching quality dramas.

Not something I am proud of but mostly just a "physcial reaction" that I have given up on fighting despite myself.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I cried when i read The Notebook .. I won't watch the film.
    Anyone who doesn't cry at the end of the Notebook doesn't have a soul. RACHEL AND RYAN 4 EVA!!!!1111oneoneone

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    A few:
    The entire last 15 minutes of Toy Story 3.
    Twice in Up -- the opening flashback sequence, and the scene later when Fredricksen REALLY takes a good at the picture book he and his wife had together.
    Those guys at Pixar know how to get you goin, man. I was a mess over both of these. Especially the opening vignette from Up. I damn near had to excuse myself from the theater.

It sounds odd, but the last half hour of Black Swan got me pretty good, too. I was a ballerina when I was younger, and completely identified with the all-consuming, self-destructive love and obsession that Natalie Portman's character had with the artform. She earned the shit out of that Oscar.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    I???
    Enneagram
    huh sp/so

The ending of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King makes me cry every time.

Other than that, movies that I remember that made me cry are:
    Driving Miss Daisy
    Rudy
    Forrest Gump (of course)
    Life is Beautiful (again, of course)
    The Wrath of Khan (because I am a shameless nerd, okay?)

I don't remember actually crying during too many other movies. I'm not counting anything during that horrible part of puberty when everything I watched EVER made me cry, though.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Gladiator, The English Patient, and The Pianist all had me crying so hard (on repeated viewings, too) that I almost had to laugh at myself. Specifically:

Gladiator - the end scene where Maximus dies - the whole fact that above all he just wants to get back to his family is so heartbreaking. And he's such a hero

The English Patient - above all the scene where Almasy comes out of the cave carrying her - ouch

The Pianist - I bawled uncontrollably when he plays the beautiful Chopin piece for the German soldier
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyasthma View Post
    The Wrath of Khan (because I am a shameless nerd, okay?)
    You're forgiven (although you're still likely a shameless nerd).

It's still easily considered one of the best of the Trek movies, and Kirk is finally facing death after a lifetime of remaining untouched by loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Gladiator - the end scene where Maximus dies - the whole fact that above all he just wants to get back to his family is so heartbreaking. And he's such a hero
    It was a good scene, and well-handled. It was a nice resolution... that an accomplished man of war only really ever wanted to live in peace, and now he has achieved that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Anew Leaf

• Wall-e
    • Toy story 3 (when they are in the garbage burner I lost it)
    • How to train your dragon
    • Tangled
    • The fountain
    • Pans labyrinth
    • Gladiator
    • Crouching tiger, hidden dragon
    • Kenshin OVAS
    • Yes, the notebook... I hate that movie... It manipulates me into sobbing like a moron throughout it's entirety
    • Star trek - new one, part where the dad dies in the beginning
    • Super 8, just because the mom died
    • After the wedding (Danish film... Amazing! Bring tissues.)
    • Braveheart
    • Saving private Ryan (I literally cannot watch this film)
    • Schindlers list
    • Last of the mochicans (that part where the chick just falls off the cliff because she doesn't want to live anymore)
    • Gangs of new york (only because DDL dies and Leonardo doesn't. What. A. Gyp.)

MBTI
    ISTJ

Its weird because IRL I'm a rock. But in front of the screen I'm a bubble ready to burst. But clearly not quite as ready to burst as some of you :P

Walle
    Kick Ass
    Forest Gump
    gladiator
    The Green Mile even though I only saw the last 20 mins
    Iron Giant
    blood diamond
    AI
    pursuit of hapiness

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Can I ask what you cried about in Kick-Ass? (I'm gonna guess it's the scene where Hit Girl says goodbye to daddy, since I can't imagine another... unless it was tears of laughter in various spots.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The most I ever cried was when that fat lady drowned in the Poseidon Adventure. It was crazy. The saddest I've ever been is when the mum in Muriel's Wedding burns the lawn.