User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I've never shed a tear over a film, but like others have said, Grave of the Fireflies came pretty close. That's pretty much the only one.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

What Dreams May Come

Up

and thanks to having some sadistic teacher make us watch it on the very last day of senior year of high school Stand By Me

needless to say, I hate all of those movies because of it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What Dreams May Come
    Up
    and thanks to having some sadistic teacher make us watch it on the very last day of senior year of high school Stand By Me
    needless to say, I hate all of those movies because of it
    Awww... we already know you're a big softie!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow. That was a brutal movie, honestly. Not as relentless as Requiem for a Dream, but parts of it had the same stark emotional brutality.
    Excellently put. The emotional brutality was what made me feel funny on the inside...

Also, I forgot to mention the ending of Million Dollar Baby. Damn you, Eastwood.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Also, I forgot to mention the ending of Million Dollar Baby. Damn you, Eastwood.
    Uggh. I don't even think I knew how to feel at the end of that movie. I was just... dazed.

Eastwood is pretty good that way, not a lot of emotional excess, just letting the story hit you for what it is. Pretty stark.

I saw the same sort of thing in "No Country for Old Men," which I think the Coen Bros did. I wasn't really UPSET or able to cry over it although some of the violence was pretty bad, I just felt like I was watching this story unfold and was left more stunned by it. Emotionally, it was rather a vacuum, even thought the story felt very real to me. Felt the same way about True Grit too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Awww... we already know you're a big softie!
    I am not!

and while we're at it add The Mission to my movie shit list... that is so DEPRESSING!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

violaine

^Ugh, yes, it is.

I'll add "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" to the list, but that is so utterly depressing it makes it difficult to feel anything but numb. It was kind of an annoying movie in a way because I think they were trying to tug pretty hard at the heartstrings. I'm more prone to crying in movies where someone overcomes, than in movies where sad situations are milked. I walked out of "La Vie En Rose" because the director was trying to tug so hard, it was annoying!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Braveheart makes me cry every time I watch it in its entirety. Usually right at the end with some tearing at times during.

That's the only one that's actually made me cry, I think. Lots of romantic comedies or just romantic stuff will make my eyes tear momentarily, though. I rather enjoy that.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

My eyes invariably tend to tear up a little bit during the last ten minutes of Philadelphia.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

The entire last 15 minutes of Toy Story 3.
    I watched it one night when the kids had it on. It. Was. TERRIBLE. When my oldest was little the first Toy Story came out. He wore out the video and he is the same age as Andy. I won't watch it again.

The Green Mile
    Monsters, Inc..
    Miracle
    The Iron Giant
    Wall-E....ok every Pixar and/or Disney movie.
    E.T.
    Finding Neverland
    Sophie's Choice
    Angels in America
    The end of 24/7 The Road to the Winter Classic. Not a movie but sad all the same.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.