User Tag List

First 1220212223 Last

I've cried during a lot of movies but The Wind That Shakes the Barley makes me weep.

Also, Edward Scissorhands and Pan's Labyrinth, which I saw as a kid and which was traumatic. I still haven't been able to rewatch it since but hearing the theme music still makes me cry.

Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Lilja 4-ever and Dancer in the dark were the most intense for me.

(I felt like reviving this thread.)

Sleeply............. Cat Brainz's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    973 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Never. Wasting my bodys water supply on fake actors faking death is stupid and not conductive to Darwinam ideals (I kid ).

I cried when Solo got killed bu his son and I also cried when Luke hugs his father at the end of Star VI plus I also cry at the theme song of The good the bad and the ugly as it was my grandfathers faveorate film plus he looks like Eastwood as well so
    http://kevan.org/jh/cat+brainze

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Cat+Brainze

Tell me is this a grin of joy or is it a grimace of pain?

Taking a cat nap
    9w1 7w6 3w4

Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

From memory, I cried during Schindler's List, I Am Sam, My Dog Skip, The Fox and the Hound, A Little Princess, Sophie's Choice, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and Harold and Maude. Although, I'm usually good at holding my tears in, so these were either when I was very young or when I was alone watching them.
    "If only every generation would realize that the time for greatness is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now."

– Patti Smith

A documentary about what Hitler did to the Jews and The Passion of The Christ. Most of the time I have an awareness people are acting a script in movies, so for that reason, I don't feel sad.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

It didn't make me cry, but I thought the ending of The Fountain was probably the most beautiful ending to a movie that I've ever seen. Lots of tragic undercurrents, too.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes erg liked this post

Movies don't make me cry, however, they may illicit an emotional response that makes water come out of my eyes. I don't think this has happened yet but the closest I would have come was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. On the literal level it was fine, although Clementine reminded me of a couple of exgfs who interrupted that natural flow of my life force. Oh well, now all I can think about is the months and years of my youth wasted on flaky, careless windbags. I can't finish this post. Fuck you, Dannie....
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Speaking of sad movies, this compilation sums it up pretty well... Makes me cry hard, even though I have only seen about half of the movies. I think most of them have already been mentioned in this thread:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I cry a lot in movies + tv shows but A Walk To Remember is a movie where I sob for hours after it's over.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I recently re watched Saving Private Ryan, and I teared up at the end. That had never happened to me before, but I havent seen it in a while and my eyes are more grown up now.

In interstellar where Matthew Mcounaghy (sic?) comes back to the ship and years have passed and he watches all the messages from his kids as they grow up. I always cry at that part.