User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The guy with eyes on his hands? He was pretty creepy. But in my opinion, her dad was a more terrifying monster than anything else in that movie.

... *shudder*
    Yeah. The girl's constant flight into fantasy and flight back into reality and finding that they are equally horrible (and how things in both worlds keep getting worse). It was a terrifying cinematic experience for me >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What's funny is that I've read the actor who played the dictator is known for comedic roles in his native country. This was truly a departure for him. His depiction was chilling.
    I never would have guessed!
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

I am legend... Wtf. I was not expecting that to be scary. Not cool!
    You gotta admit tho there was something oddly appealing about the first half of the film where it was just Will Smith alone with his dog in the middle of an overgrown Manhattan.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Nothing has scared me more than listening to the music and the intro for "Unsolved Mysteries" ... AHHHHHH, I just listened to it for a sec and have creeped myself OUT! And Robert Stack's voice. OMG, I have a specific memory being in my grandparent's house, alone, with that show on..... CREEPY!

See, a movie is a movie, but this stuff WAS REAL!!!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spa3d4cxtto"]Scary![/YOUTUBE]

We were into watching the X-Files when our son was around 7 or 8, and he said he could hear the music from his bedroom, and that it STILL creeps him out (although he can watch "Unsolved Mysteries" no problem!) ASIDE: X-Files got stupider and stupider - Chris Carter should have stuck with 5 seasons like he promised.

Scariest moments in film ... wow that's a tough one. I hate the gratuitous gory stuff. Like the opening of the movie "Ghost Ship". That one took me by surprise. Can't unsee it after you've seen it. I try to cover my eyes and ask my husband for a verbal description and to tell me when it's safe to look again.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGtC2S22Z0"]Signs[/YOUTUBE]

I screamed when I first saw that scene.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Then there's original "Psycho", and "Carrie" in the prom scene, and "Omen" where the boy dies under the ice (I think that's Omen 2) .....

Oh and "Event Horizon", that's pretty disturbing.

Hmm that's enough pondering that question!

to introduce some levity back into my day!
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    We were into watching the X-Files when our son was around 7 or 8, and he said he could hear the music from his bedroom, and that it STILL creeps him out (although he can watch "Unsolved Mysteries" no problem!) ASIDE: X-Files got stupider and stupider - Chris Carter should have stuck with 5 seasons like he promised.
    I was okay with seven seasons, but definitely that's where it should have been called... definitely Seasons 2-6 were solid and the height around 4-5. (Season 7 still has one of my favorite episodes... the humorous one with the djinn wrapped up in the carpet. I thought the ending was rather sweet too.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Well, y'all got me thinking on this ... one of the most disturbing things I have watched, that stuck with me for years, was an episode from a short-lived TV series called "Millenium". I guess for me it was terrifying because it struck so horrifically at my heart, with a twist that was so incredibly agonizing and sad. So, so, so dark, real and dark. I had to stop watching this series. I don't think I went much past season 1.

"Thou dost frighten me with dreams and terrify me by visions." - Job 7:14

That episode succeeded!

Covenant

It was produced by Chris Carter as well.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq375kYlmxQ"]Theme Song[/YOUTUBE]

OK, now that I have found that after searching for a bit, I need to get some work done!
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGtC2S22Z0"]Signs[/YOUTUBE]

I screamed when I first saw that scene.
    I thought that bit was brilliant, it's always been one of my favorite "gotcha" moments. It can be so much more effective when directors have restraint. There was no monster glamour shot, just a POV that was really scary because it was exactly as you might see it in real life.

I had the shit scared out of me by a scene in the movie "Antonia's Line" where a crucifix come alive, smiles and winks. But it was a lighthearted scene, I just have a weird phobia of religious iconography. It stayed with me for weeks.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    You gotta admit tho there was something oddly appealing about the first half of the film where it was just Will Smith alone with his dog in the middle of an overgrown Manhattan.
    Haha! Actually that part of the movie I LOVED. It's pretty much what would happen to Earth if I ever get my hands on a genie. "Hi Genie, I wish for everyone to go away and leave me alone forever except for a dog because that would be snugglesome."

The rest of the movie freaked me out.... and the part with the dog made me cry.

Ugh.

Also I was annoyed because the movie was so very different from the story that it was based off of.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

- They ..basically the entire movie since it's basis is about creatures that exist in the dark, want to drag you into the dark, oh and they control light sources. Eff that.
    - Quarantine ..when she is freaking out about the light not being on her and freaking out over opening a door.
    - The Grudge ..creepy asian broads just make my skin crawl. The gutteral noises whenever she popped up unexpectedly slayed me for life.
    - Silent Hill ..the nurse scene.
    - Event Horizon ..can't remember exactly, but the first revelation/acknowledgement that the ship is fucked
    - Insidious ..when the woman is describing what she sees over the bed
    - Paranormal Activity ..her smile in one of the endings (as there are a few different endings)
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance