User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Before the media was saturated with Blair Witch, I actually thought some of the scenes were creepy.

The main reason is because I grew up right near where it was filmed, to the point where I think I even recognized one of the roads filmed in the begining of the movie.

With that type of desolate rocky wooded terrain, where those old abandoned houses exist... well, I've actually walked through woods like that, and I've actually been IN abandoned houses like that that some people claim are haunted. (A friend and I actually went in one, one night, around dusk, on purpose to see if there were any ghosts.)

I know what it feels like to be in those places and have my mind play tricks on me and feel extremely jumpy and unsettled and like something's watching me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    I remember seeing this and being sort of offended, frankly. I was like "What the hell is this? Everyone knows the covers are safe. They can't do this. THE COVERS ARE SAFE, DAMMIT!"
    Well, for me, that was creepy. They cheated -- she had freebie safety!

I mean, if you're not safe under the covers, you're not safe on the toilet or anyplace else, anywhere. Ever. ANything can getcha. Anywhere.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

The end of The Silence of the Lambs with the night vision goggles. I saw it in a theater with my cousin. During that scene half the audience was screaming, just SCREAMING with fear. Awesome.

The Exorcist III is an okay movie (the studio hacked it up and forced reshoots, it was written/directed by the author of the original Exorcist). There is one scene, however, that still stands out in my mind even if I can't remember hardly anything about the rest of the movie. A long, nearly silent, scene takes place in a hospital hallway and adjoining rooms. It frightened me so badly I changed the channel. Almost no one I know has seen this movie, but at least others on the internet remember that scene: imdb.com thread.
    I saw it at it's UK premier. I have never seen an audience react with such shock. I mean hardened horror fans were screaming and everyone jumped out of their seats. what a sequence.
    Wish I had seen it in the movie theater.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    A long, nearly silent, scene takes place in a hospital hallway and adjoining rooms. It frightened me so badly I changed the channel. Almost no one I know has seen this movie, but at least others on the internet remember that scene: imdb.com thread.
    Wish I had seen it in the movie theater.
    I think there's something incredibly potent about horror films that really capitalize on silence. I remember reading somewhere that the most terrifying parts of Paranormal Activity weren't when the actual action was happening, but from the dread you felt when the time counter on the video would start to slow down.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

FigerPuppet

This was the first movie I thought of:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9PWvrkbO0&feature=related"]28 Weeks Later[/YOUTUBE]

The Kiss of Death-scene is also very good.

Also have to agree with people on the silent sequences in Paranormal Activity.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    This was the first movie I thought of:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9PWvrkbO0&feature=related"]28 Weeks Later[/YOUTUBE]

The Kiss of Death-scene is also very good.

Also have to agree with people on the silent sequences in Paranormal Activity.
    *black woman scream*

I am usually strangely immune to film-induced horrors. I do remember, though, that when I saw 'Watership Down' as a child, it gave me a sublime feeling of terror.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I am usually strangely immune to film-induced horrors. I do remember, though, that when I saw 'Watership Down' as a child, it gave me a sublime feeling of terror.
    Haha they show that to kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Haha they show that to kids?
    Apparently. I liked it, too.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

That scene from Mulholland Drive where that creepy ass bag lady shows up out of nowhere. Also, the entirety of Eraserhead.

That one scene from Silence of the Lambs, where there's a long shot of Lecter's cage in the building with the skin of the cops hanging there...that's pretty terrifying, though not in a scream-out-loud kind of way.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    The rape scene in Irreversible.
    They showed that on Swedish television, I had to sit through it in the waiting room at the local health clinic accompanied by a couple of senior citizens. I have to hand it to them, they were some stone face oldies.