• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of music are you most moved by?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you like upbeat music? tragic music? relaxed music?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I'm usually most moved by bluegrass/folk music. It just brings back a lot of memories and feelings. Mostly happy, but in a nostalgic sort of way (so: bittersweet).

Pink Floyd also really moves me. I've never had my emotions and consciousness swayed by any one band quite like them. It's a very cool sensation.

G

Glycerine

Meaning in the words and harmonic instrumentation. I think it would be categorized by tragic music. My favorite song is Lightning Crashes by Live.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like a wide range of styles but I admit the sort that has the strongest effect on me is a melancholy, reflective, angsty (despite the connotations the word now evokes) sound.

Typical INFP, right? :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
~ Epic classic rock anthems (think Allman Brothers and the Outlaws and Styx, et al)

~Intense, upbeat electronic music that also has kind of emo-atmospheric undertones, and usually lyrics (Crystal Castles, Ladytron, Lights Over L.A. and Deadmou5 remixes of other people's songs PLUS 80's electronic synth pop like Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, et al)

~ Emotionally intense music with a blend of harmony and intense percussion, like emotional hardcore, alternative and metal ballads. Too many to name. (Stuff ranging from 30 Seconds to Mars to Tori Amos' "Caught a Lite Sneeze" to love songs by Stabbing Westward and Skid Row...)

My taste in music is really much too ecclectic to even properly name what genre moves me, but there has to be a blend of emotional and musical intensity, usually.

P

Phantonym

do you like upbeat music? tragic music? relaxed music?

There's a certain time for all of those and many more. Usually I'm into rock, singer-songwriter, indie and alternative. It's mostly about what makes me feel good or whatever I feel I need to feel at the time.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Once again..

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhDaP9yZ_20"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhDaP9yZ_20[/YOUTUBE]

How many times will I post this before the board gets a T. tritt forum? you can't push away greatness.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently my music is great for slashing your wrist to. I love my coworkers.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
folk music...like joshua radin, brett dennan, ben harper etc etc

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not the type of music so much that's the variant, but how any given emotional state affects how I interpret the music. There's songs I listen to on a regular basis which invoke entirely different feelings each time, shifting from, at times, indifference, whereas other times it can be very emotionally engaging.