0 0%
First 12345 Last

Thread: Lord Stanley

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Why..he is only 42? For that matter... could you be a fan of Anaheim by any chance? He didnt get much action last game..except a few key saves..all in all this was a Detroit blow out...
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Why..he is only 42? For that matter... could you be a fan of Anaheim by any chance? He didnt get much action last game..except a few key saves..all in all this was a Detroit blow out...
    42 is pretty damn old for a hockey player.

When Hasek played for Buffalo he was a jerk. He whined, faked an injury, attacked a reporter, and managed to make sure that the NHL's friggin' coach of the year (Teddy Nolan) wasn't rehired.

Plus, he looks like a penis.

And no I'm not a fan of Anaheim, although I do love every single "Mighty Ducks" movie. I'm a Caps fan.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never seen this Dominik Hasek fellow but I had to Google him once I heard he looks like a penis. He really does!

(go 'Canes-- next year)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    42 is pretty damn old for a hockey player.

When Hasek played for Buffalo he was a jerk. He whined, faked an injury, attacked a reporter, and managed to make sure that the NHL's friggin' coach of the year (Teddy Nolan) wasn't rehired.

Plus, he looks like a penis.

And no I'm not a fan of Anaheim, although I do love every single "Mighty Ducks" movie. I'm a Caps fan.

Wait... this is getting interesting... how did he attack a reporter..? And what was this story about Teddy Nolan... what team did he coach..

and about Hasek doing all of those things... really not surprised that much... its not all that uncommon among players who are deemed by others to be among the best in the world ... if not the best... this is just part of our vain human nature..to act this way in the face of elitism that has been bestowed upon us by others..
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've never seen this Dominik Hasek fellow but I had to Google him once I heard he looks like a penis. He really does!
    See! I wasn't just name calling. He really does look like a penis.

Wait... this is getting interesting... how did he attack a reporter..? And what was this story about Teddy Nolan... what team did he coach..
    Some simple googling would give you your answers.

He grabbed a reporter who wrote an article that basically mentioned that Hasek was weak minded. Hasek was fined and suspended for doing so.

As for Ted Nolan, he coached the Sabres (and now the Islanders), and even though he won the Jack Adams award for best coach that season, he wasn't rehired for the next season because Hasek didn't like him.

and about Hasek doing all of those things... really not surprised that much... its not all that uncommon among players who are deemed by others to be among the best in the world ... if not the best... this is just part of our vain human nature..to act this way in the face of elitism that has been bestowed upon us by others..
    It's not surprising. But it doesn't give someone the right to act like a jerk.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Was Hasek really weak-minded..? I wonder what his type was..? SP or SJ..?

Of course all of that eminence doesnt give you a right to act like a jerk... success and power does not mean that you are better than those who do not have that... it just means that you probably had better opportunities to actualize your natural talents and your natural talents are in greater demand than those of other people... success in life largely is arbitrary and as Popper put it.. a 'matter of luck' how many games was Hasek suspended for for that stunt?

How much work did Hasek have to do to have Nolan sacked?

MBTI
    INTj

Was Hasek really weak-minded..?
    I dunno. I do think that was was exaggerating his "injury."

How much work did Hasek have to do to have Nolan sacked?
    To be fair, I don't think that the GM of the Sabres liked Nolan either. But Hasek was the star of the team, the only reason that the Sabres got as far as they did in the playoffs that year (Eastern Conference finals, I believe). I don't think it took much convincing.

Also, they didn't fire Nolan. In order to keep up appearances, they only offered him a one year contract because they knew that he wouldn't accept something so short term.

Jesus. It's sad that I remember all of this stuff. Why can't I remember anything useful?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I dunno. I do think that was was exaggerating his "injury."

To be fair, I don't think that the GM of the Sabres liked Nolan either. But Hasek was the star of the team, the only reason that the Sabres got as far as they did in the playoffs that year (Eastern Conference finals, I believe). I don't think it took much convincing.

Also, they didn't fire Nolan. In order to keep up appearances, they only offered him a one year contract because they knew that he wouldn't accept something so short term.

Jesus. It's sad that I remember all of this stuff. Why can't I remember anything useful?
    Ni only keeps in perspective what appeals to it..
    not much else that is of practical nature....its a perceiving function... it stores what appeals to it very well.. and its individualistic in nature (introverted)

MBTI
    INTP

notta, I was a casual Caps fan (baseball is my preference) in the 1980s. The only goaltender I hated then was Ron Hextall of the Flyers. Granted, the whole Flyers team is hateable, but for a goalie to stand out in that crowd is saying something. No opposing player's legs were safe near his goal crease.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    notta, I was a casual Caps fan (baseball is my preference) in the 1980s. The only goaltender I hated then was Ron Hextall of the Flyers. Granted, the whole Flyers team is hateable, but for a goalie to stand out in that crowd is saying something. No opposing player's legs were safe near his goal crease.
    The best thing about Ron Hextall is that his last name was so easy to chant. "Hexxxxx-taaaaaaal" Repeat.

The Flyers were hatable (and still are) especially when they had that goon Eric Lindros playing for them.

Sheesh, why is it that I turn into a name calling jerk when I'm talking about hockey? I don't hate anyone in real life.