• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite alien/aliens?

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
What is your favourite alien from literature, motion picture or computer games?

The Times (UK) have listed their The 40 most memorable aliens here.

The problem of most aliens is that humans have a tendency to anthropomorphise. So most fictional aliens aren't terribly alien. We have a tendency to see such as merely friendly or hostile, without considering the alternative: alien.

Star Control 2 had some of the most imaginative aliens, but my favourite alien happens to be Orz. The Orz make you question whether your whole reality is being raped.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIbVYXHnaBU"]Orz[/YOUTUBE]

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The recent movie "Paul" is pretty funny ;)
"The Arrival" from 1996 was a favorite, too. Of course all X-Files content except for the last season or two is damn good.
Edit: I almost forgot the series "First Wave". Damn it was sad it was put to death.

Edit again: damn you cat... My favorite alien would probably be Paul.

Ingrid in grids

My favourite aliens by far are those from Mars Attacks. I've been told that my impression of them is quite impressive: "gak.... gak gak... GAK GAK GAK!"

kenny2.jpg

This also has to be the best scene -
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDAaTzccCik&feature=related"]Martian Girl[/YOUTUBE]

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
woke up early just a bit too early
12 oclock noon sent whirley like a swirley in my mind
walkin on the moon, just a man gettin girly from behind

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5PqxqzWes"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5PqxqzWes[/YOUTUBE]

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are we limited to only fictional aliens? David Bowie.

One thing I ran across the other day is the typelogic site classifying ET as an INFP. I had a chuckle at that.

Within

Permabanned
I like Spock, Seven of Nine, Thane Krios and Ezri Dax but there's obviously another that comes in first place.

rav3n

1. Miles Vorkosigan although Barrayar was originally seeded with human stock.
  2. Spock.
  3. Clan Korval Liaden men (some are part human).
  4. Gul Damar after he became disgusted with The Dominion.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I like Spock, Seven of Nine and Ezri Dax but there's obviously another that comes in first place.

i <3 all of those.

Is it wrong i find Predators kind of sexy? It is isn't it?

/hides.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
The Xenomorph from Alien
Michael Valentine Smith from Stranger in a Strange Land (Dunno if he really counts as "alien", but I think he should)
The Zerg from Starcraft

Hydralisk_SC1_Art2.jpg

G

Ginkgo

Grunt from Halo Franchise

Halo_Reach_-_Unggoy.png

Highly original, even though the game drew inspiration from a multitude of other sources.

Buggers from Ender's Game.

EndersGame.jpg

Wampa from Star Wars

Wampa_Echo_Base.jpg

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Turians from mass effect:

Turian_Military_Scouting.jpg

The Anunnaki, which are thought to be our makers.

93JC

AVP_Xenomorph.jpg

Xenomorph. Forever my favorite. :wubbie:

:nice:

There are two aliens in film that are far and away the most horrific: the Predator and the "Xenomorph". I love them both but I think the latter is on another level of creepiness and horror altogether, which is why it's my favourite.

The Predators have a sort of honour code. They won't hurt you if you're not sporting enough to kill. They have reason. The Xenomorph, better known simply as THE Alien, has no ability to reason whatsoever. You can't bargain with one. You can't convince one you're not worth killing.

But then again the purpose of the Alien is not to kill you, and that's what makes it even worse than the Predator. The Predator is just out hunting for sport. Yes, having a plasma cannon blow a hole in you isn't a particularly nice death. And having your skull ripped out to be kept as a trophy is not exactly a 'decent' treatment of your remains. But at least that's all a Predator wants to kill you for.

On the other had the Alien doesn't kill you. It doesn't want to kill you. It needs you to reproduce, so it will snatch you up, incapacitate you and leave you to be implanted by the larval 'facehugger' form. Aliens don't kill you: they fuck you. The whole purpose of the Alien's existence is to rape you. If that isn't humiliating enough the birth of the bastard offspring kills you. And it's an agonizingly slow death at that.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
On the other had the Alien doesn't kill you. It doesn't want to kill you. It needs you to reproduce, so it will snatch you up, incapacitate you and leave you to be implanted by the larval 'facehugger' form. Aliens don't kill you: they fuck you. The whole purpose of the Alien's existence is to rape you. If that isn't humiliating enough the birth of the bastard offspring kills you. And it's an agonizingly slow death at that.

I never thought of it this way

That adds a whole new depth to the species that I had not considered

What a fantastic antagonist

93JC

I still like the Predator better.

:dont:

Just kidding, to each their own. :D

I liked Predator more for the human characters than the alien. Blain (Jesse Ventura) is hilarious, much funnier than Pvt. Hudson (Bill Paxton), the funniest character in the Alien series.

The world is a better place after hearing lines like, "You're hit man, you're bleeding!"
"I AIN'T GOT TIME TO BLEED."

93JC

Oh, and I also love Jadzia Dax, for reasons totally unrelated to the Alien/Predator.

Best was the mirror universe Dax:

Jadzia_%28mirror%29%2C_Through_the_looking_glass.jpg

:worthy:

93JC

Actually, now that I think about it, I might have liked mirror universe Ezri even more.

656px-Ezri_Tigan_%28mirror%29.jpg