Enneagram
    2 sx/so

That game does sound fun.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I didn't actually like Settlers of Catan that much.

As far as the semi-obscure to very obscure boardgames go, I prefer Cosmic Encounter, Carcassonne, Robo Rally, Small World, and San Marco the best.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    Of all else, there was a load of damage dealers and not enough tanks and healers.
    Seems to be the common theme of MMORPGs. Next time I play, I'm gonna be a healer so everyone will loooooooooove me.

What have I learned from

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Aside from entertainment reasons, what things (physical, mental, social etc) do you learn from gaming?
    1) People (MEN) don't seem to understand that the person with a female stripper avatar is not necessarily a stripper or even female.

2) There are perfectly normal, well-socialized, gainfully employed people who play MMORPGs. And then there are the ones bad jokes are made about.

3) No one role plays enough in MMORPGs for my liking.

Also, what kind of games do you enjoy playing the most and WHY?
    Dancing and rhythm games. Random [strategy] games (Stacking). God games (Sims, Black and White, etc.) Story games (Heavy Rain). Survival Horror Games (Silent Hill). Cute open world games (Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon). Business games (Lemonade Stand, etc.) Before my carpal tunnel/f*cked up hands/wrists syndrome hit, I loved playing 'time management games' and 'casual' games like what you find at pop cap.

I don't like real time strategy games like StarCraft or FPS. I didn't even know what 'FPS' was until I asked someone I think...

I also like brain games, I subscribe to Lumosity. I am nerd.

How many hours per week do you estimate you spend playing?
    Right now, none. When my subscription was active, at least 20 hours a week. That's being conservative.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I enjoy video games just like I do any other medium of art, as a form of escapism that can provoke a range of emotional responses in me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Love this game. We had a routine Friday game night for some time, and played with the Seafarers and Cities and Knights expansions. Unfortunately, after a while our differing play styles started to make the games less harmonious. My ENFJ girlfriend and ISTJ friend would move rather quickly, and didn't implement much strategy, but my IsTP friend and I would spend quite some time plotting our moves. It got to the point where it was simply a question of whether the IsTP would win or I would, and the ENFJ and ISTJ stopped enjoying it.
    I think that can be a problem with any game -- the amount of investment/approach that the other people bring to it, if there's a difference in approach.

I remember having issues with Bridge, since if there's a big difference between the casual game and the serious game. And Risk was kind of messy in that people who play badly/casually can do lots of damage to people who take the game seriously. ("Why would you just put all your armies on one square and then attack my boundary until we're both ruined??! You know we're going to lose -- you'll lose -- if you do that!" // "Well whatever. I might get lucky.") Totally insane.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    How criminal of me to forget this masterpiece...

a masterpiece of everything, not sound, not story, not vivid emotions for pixels, not a game, not the greatest-quest-ever

It is brilliant. That is all

And no game will ever be comparable
    Beargryllz, I dedicate this one to you :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZOuy...54BB320A24DE05
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ("Why would you just put all your armies on one square and then attack my boundary until we're both ruined??! You know we're going to lose -- you'll lose -- if you do that!" // "Well whatever. I might get lucky.") Totally insane.
    Heehee, I haven't really played Risk but I understand the concept.

I experienced it first hand in MMORPGs when 'casual gamers' (I realized I'm a middle level 'casual gamer') team up with hardcare gamers or on the rare occasion an even more casual gamer (noob) for an instance that should take a couple hours turns into an excruciating exercise in repeatedly dying and reading angry invectives bandied about in chat. Sometimes people use acronyms and say things and I have no idea what they are saying. I once did a run 3x times in a row in Rift with some veteran MMO players (came over together from WoW) who were looking for a specific drop and I had NO IDEA what they were talking about. It's like they were speaking a new language. Eventually I stopped asking what they were talking about. I think they ended up moving to a new shard.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You have to try out these games! A friend said to me. They are sure to keep you busy and right up your alley! And you will love them!

Whilest he wasn't entirely wrong, I bought portal and portal 2 today after a friend pushed me to. And I actually quite enjoyed them while they lasted. But now, 5 hours later I have finished both games and I'm back to square one.

Seriously, if you play through two video games in such a small time, can they really be considered games? It feels like demos to me.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    You have to try out these games! A friend said to me. They are sure to keep you busy and right up your alley! And you will love them!

Whilest he wasn't entirely wrong, I bought portal and portal 2 today after a friend pushed me to. And I actually quite enjoyed them while they lasted. But now, 5 hours later I have finished both games and I'm back to square one.

Seriously, if you play through two video games in such a small time, can they really be considered games? It feels like demos to me.
    Maybe time for a new hobby?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Maybe time for a new hobby?
    I try out new hobbies all the time, but they rarily keep me happy for an extended period of time, usually the discovery of the hobby is interesting and fun, but then when the hobby has been fully discovered, I grow bored by it.. It's an xNTP thing.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf