INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    do they mention Hitler and cocaine?
    Hopefully!
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    , when I saw the trailer I was a bit worried it was going to be too much about Freud's obsession with hysterical women with 'sexual issues'.
    Actually I think it's a completely valid thing to point out, because Freud wasn't quite visionary enough to notice that the reason why those women were "hysterical" is because they were being repressed and abused, and they had sexual issues because they were being married off by their fathers to old men they didn't find attractive, and weren't satisfied sexually because their husbands thought women weren't supposed to like sex.

He did introduce the idea of manipulation of the womb, which in normal terms means using a vibrator to get off.

They could illustrate his beliefs and see how he picked up on it, because it was a fact, but to show how it because of sociological historical conditions, not because anything innate to women.

Penis envy comes from being told that men are better than you and are allowed to have their own money and property, and you aren't. The envy was real, but had less to do with penises, and more to do with social conditions.

They could potentially clear that up in the movie, even subtley.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

do they mention Hitler and cocaine?
    If they don't, Victor will be so disappoint.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    If they don't, Victor will be so disappoint.
    the.truth.will.set.you.free...(period).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

the.truth.will.set.you.free...(period).
    You still thinkin' about me and Edgar having imaginary ugly babies?

the trailer looks pretty flat & stuffy, feels like another cliché biopic. way too formal. (i loove psychology so i hope it will be good anyway) but the poster is awesome, so much like silence of the lambs'.

Riva

Default Typing characters based on the characterization of them -

The other thread should be merged with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I enjoyed it. I didn’t watch it that intently, however I noticed it seemed to “move” quickly in terms of the time scales so it had a quick pace to it. I always enjoy stories about competing personalities and movements, especially scientific ones. One likes to think that in science, “truth” is the final arbiter of a successful theory or model, but it can often be a wonderfully dramatic, personal, political process, as this film shows.

For the typings, I’m going by how they were displayed in the movie:

Jung: INFJ
    Freud: ISTJ
    Spielrein: ISTP
    Mrs. Jung: ISFJ
    Otto Gross: ENTP
    Otto Gross was an ExTP it hurts. Infact -

In Jung's monumental work Psychological Types, all of chapter VI, The Type Problem in Psychopathology, analyzes and reconciles Gross's theory as expressed in Die zerebrale Sekundärfunktion (1902) and Über psychopathische Minderwertigkeit (1903).
    Gross deserves full credit for being the first to set up a simple and consistent hypothesis to account for this [the extraverted] type (Jung, [1921] 1971: par. 466).
    I'm both comfortable and uncomfortable typing Otto as an ENTP. The issue is he is such an hedonist and when it comes to hedonistic ENTP they could often be confused with ESTPs. When an ENTP reaches a certain sense of complete freedom and independence the primary focus of Ne turns into seeking Se - if that even makes any sense? - and Ne and Se appears to merge. Gross seems to have crossed that freedom border. This freedom makes them irritably irresponsible as seen in Gross but he was living by his theory so who am I to judge/comment?

He probably was an ENTP in real life too.

Jung in the movie was probably an INFJ over INTP. He seems quite J. He had a psychological breakdown and was heavily affected by the falling out of friendship with Freud and taking the context of it it suggests INFJ. Hmm.. maybe the context of it blurs things and I shouldn't have used that word.

Freud in the movie had a 'P' vibe but the rest I'm not confident to type. Viggo Mortensen looked really good playing an old man, that I can say. I'm proud of myself for guessing who the actor was which I usually suck at. My ESTP sister would have been proud.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    spielrein was an obvious ENFP, what made you see her as an ISTP ? freud was obviously EXTJ(leaning towards N) in the movie, jung didnt seem like INFJ in the movie either, but i agree with mrs. jung and otto
    Spielrein did come across as an ENFP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I watched this last week. Fassbender and Mortensen played off each other very well (or I suppose badly, given the outcome of the plot). I enjoyed it, but I probably won't watch it again - the affair quickly got tedious for me.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Owlesque View Post
    I watched this last week. Fassbender and Mortensen played off each other very well (or I suppose badly, given the outcome of the plot). I enjoyed it, but I probably won't watch it again - the affair quickly got tedious for me.
    I agree. The film should've focused more on the battle of minds between Freud and Jung. Heck, the entire film could've been that.