User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

yeah, i've noticed that a lot of people who listen to eminem don't listen to other rap music. like a lot of people who listen to rock will list him as the only rapper they like. when i was in middle school i hated rap but liked eminem, and now that i love it and it's the main genre of music i listen to, eminem just gets on my nerves. he has no flow.

both kinda repeat their tired old schtick over and over again, it's just that jay-z's is more common. but a lot of the reason for that is that people are influenced by him and he was just one of the people to popularize the money cars and hos type rap.

i apologize if that was incoherent

ReflecTcelfeR

Eminem. The songs he creates are so complex. His songs are holistic. Within the song you may not understand the flow, but the mechanism as a whole is mind-blowing to me. I enjoy his newer content more than his druggie days.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    both kinda repeat their tired old schtick over and over again, it's just that jay-z's is more common.
    True. But when you've been listening to rap since 1982, (Grandmaster Flash, Sugarhill Gang, Run DMC, LL Kool J, NWA, etc. etc. etc. etc.), you've seen those styles and heard those lyrics, and seen those attitudes done over-and-over again to the point of mind-numbery. Believe me when I say, it's all been done before lol..... They've been talking about how many chicks they had, and how much money they had, and how street-smart and great they were, since 1982 lmfao.....the pimp/ho shit happened later, but it's still same ole same ole. Actually, they've been using the word "ho" since the 80's, not sure about "pimp" stuff........

Eminem's was a little different..... that's all. He goes deeper.....I don't see how rap has stayed on top this long, personally. So many other genres came and went much faster, but rap truly hasn't evolved much at all in 30 years.....the only thing I can figure is, the record companies have got it easier when they can pluck any fool off the streets and make him a star. It doesn't take much skill to be a rapper.

I'll give eminem the credit for singing a bit on his songs, as well. I don't know if Jay Z does or not.... I can barely sit through one of his songs. LoL.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

it might be better if we first classified the different types of rap, but I'll leave this to the connoiseurs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

For me they're about the same. Eminem is a more emotional rapper whereas Jay-Z is a more technical rapper. I listen to Eminem when I'm down or alone and Jay-Z when I'm feeling good or with other people.

I'll get that new album though, I like Royce a lot too even though he can be too in-your-face at times.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

see you're confirming my theory that people who aren't fans of rap like eminem
    and i know that's been around forever, and it probably always will be because plenty of people still like it. but not all rap today's like that, not even all mainstream radio rap.

i'm not really sure why it's eminem vs jay-z in this thread they're not that comparable to eachother. unless they're the 2 best selling or something.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

see you're confirming my theory that people who aren't fans of rap like eminem
    I believe so too... he's got a lot of fans.
    I've heard all kinds of music, I'm just not interested in most rap anymore. I'm over it. Yes, I've delved all through it, at one time or another. I probably wouldn't have listened to eminem either had I not stumbled across it.....some of his earlier stuff sounds like other rappers from the early 90's..... same styles.
    Sure jay z and eminem are comparable. Any two artists in the same genre can be compared, especially.

I think people like whatever the record companies decide to spoon-feed them. Young people aren't hard to please; (people in general aren't - look at country music ).
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    True. But when you've been listening to rap since 1982, (Grandmaster Flash, Sugarhill Gang, Run DMC, LL Kool J, NWA, etc. etc. etc. etc.), you've seen those styles and heard those lyrics, and seen those attitudes done over-and-over again to the point of mind-numbery. Believe me when I say, it's all been done before lol..... They've been talking about how many chicks they had, and how much money they had, and how street-smart and great they were, since 1982 lmfao.....the pimp/ho shit happened later, but it's still same ole same ole. Actually, they've been using the word "ho" since the 80's, not sure about "pimp" stuff........

Eminem's was a little different..... that's all. He goes deeper.....I don't see how rap has stayed on top this long, personally. So many other genres came and went much faster, but rap truly hasn't evolved much at all in 30 years.....the only thing I can figure is, the record companies have got it easier when they can pluck any fool off the streets and make him a star. It doesn't take much skill to be a rapper.

I'll give eminem the credit for singing a bit on his songs, as well. I don't know if Jay Z does or not.... I can barely sit through one of his songs. LoL.....
    What do you think of the Lupe's of the game?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

i'm not really sure why it's eminem vs jay-z in this thread they're not that comparable to eachother. unless they're the 2 best selling or something.
    Yeah it seems like a pretty random comparison to make.

Eminem with DMX or Nas or some kind of idea-focused or personal-problems rapper would make more sense.

whereas Jay-Z would make sense with uhhh... the Beastie Boys or Asher roth maybe (jokie)

(notice the subtle racism here)

RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."