• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

According to Erm the best show of all time is 'Game of Thrones'

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I would advice against judging a show based on the first season. Many have been forced to eat their words.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1111fy.jpg

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's arguably one of the best things on TV. I'll vouch for it.

A

Anew Leaf

It was awesome!! I thought it followed the books admirably well considering how dense those 1000+ pages are.

The actors were well cast as well - especially some of the kids. Dany's brown eyebrows drove me nuts for most of the season, but her acting was superb.

I was also very happy with the dragons looking as good as they did.

My only complaint is that there was way too much weird sex. (yeah, I know it's HBO so I shouldn't be surprised.)

Looking forward to disappearing for 2 days when ADWD comes out next month. :D

/end fangirl moment.

I loved the show. I would be exceptionally glum about having to wait until next year for the second season but thankfully I have the books (which I have never read before) and True Blood Season 4 to tide me over.

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It IS one of the best things on television! I think they have not only done a superb job with casting but also condensing the plot. Most shows that falter in their later seasons didn't have a brilliant writer who had already laid out an extremely complex world.

Plus, Jon Snow is just so f'ing pretty.

The books (the longest thus far is just shy of 1000 pages) are tops and I am also anxiously counting down the days until the ADWD comes out!

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It is about gangsters, the police, and Baltimore. No bunnies.

Yeah, and as it goes on it picks up on unions, politicians, school systems/kids, and the newspapers. It's kind of about how the system (or, as they refer to it in show, "the game") doesn't work and tends to sabotage or trap certain groups or types of people.

Also, there is a puppy in a couple episodes.

A

Anew Leaf

Yeah, and as it goes on it picks up on unions, politicians, school systems/kids, and the newspapers. It's kind of about how the system (or, as they refer to it in show, "the game") doesn't work and tends to sabotage or trap certain groups or types of people.

Also, there is a puppy in a couple episodes.

Hmm, intriguing. I may give an episode or two a whirl.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, intriguing. I may give an episode or two a whirl.

It's biggest downside is, unfortunately, that it tends to takes a few episodes to get into. It's a really sprawling story, and it doesn't really present each episode as an individual story but part of something bigger. And because it can be initially confusing because of its scale and the assumption that the viewer is smart and patient enough to pick up on what's what without extreme hand-holding. It's my favorite show now, but I even I took a little while to warm to it. Totally worth it though. I think it might be the single highest rated thing on IMDB. It has a 9.7. To put that in perspective, Shawshank Redemption has a 9.2, and is the top rated movie (Other TV shows come closer, but I haven't seen one match it).

Just a warning. I have had friends who loved it almost immediately too.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Hey hey HEY! This is about Game of thrones, not the Wire! GETOUTTAHERE!!

One of the best first seasons I've seen. It's definitely up there. Watched all 10 episodes in 1 day. Fantastic. Can't wait till next season. Definitely going to get the books and read them!