• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Saw Burn After Reading last night. That was sumthin' else! Not amazing, but worth the time, there were some pretty funny parts and the ending was just.....

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I watched Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull last night, I must say that it was quite a twist compared to the first three. It was interesting.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Gran Torino is the best movie I've seen in the last year. :yes:
It was pretty good, but don't watch this movie if you can't handle a racial slur. I'm kinda surprised that no one on this forum has formed a group to protest this movie.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It was pretty good, but don't watch this movie if you can't handle a racial slur. I'm kinda surprised that no one on this forum has formed a group to protest this movie.
I don't think the word "faggot" was used, right?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
P.S.

Slumdog Millionaire:

Have you seen The Shawshank Redemption? Welcome to its remake. No matter how derivative and formulaic it is, it's still worth a watch. 8/10.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just got a few videos from the library last week (total cheapskate here... you can borrow movies 5 videos/5 DVDs up to a week for free.. $1-per day late fee.. ahh I love it)...

Only grabbed 3 videos this time around:

- A Clockwork Orange - one of my favorites; haven't watched it in ages.

- The Never-Ending Story - oh nostalgia... besides, I needed to force it on a friend who somehow went through childhood having never seen it. Damned creepy homeschooled kids.

- Lost in Translation - never saw it, always meant to. Yes, Bill Murray is still above the rest of mankind. This merits no further explanation.
I'm about to watch this again, since I need to return it tomorrow--err, today... and the days begin to do that melting thing again..

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Murray didn't find his character until 2/3 through his career.

I s'pose I can agree.

...Excluding that whole Garfield thing he did a couple yrs ago.. I'm still trying to cope with that.

What do you consider his best film, or turning point in his acting career?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I s'pose I can agree.

...Excluding that whole Garfield thing he did a couple yrs ago.. I'm still trying to cope with that.

What do you consider his best film, or turning point in his acting career?
He was mostly there in What About Bob, but I think Rushmore was the first pic in which he truly invented a character.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He was mostly there in What About Bob, but I think Rushmore was the first pic in which he truly invented a character.

I actually haven't seen Rushmore yet, but What About Bob is the earliest of his films that I appreciated.
I'm not sure if Ghostbusters came before or after... but it's a got a special place with me..

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I actually haven't seen Rushmore yet, but What About Bob is the earliest of his films that I appreciated.
I'm not sure if Ghostbusters came before or after... but it's a got a special place with me..
You must be a decade younger than I.

Ghostbusters: 1984; Rushmore 1998. (IIRC)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay then, you're just a poorer student of pop culture. :D

You're only six years behind me.

I'll agree. I'm lost on most pop culture.
Not sorry.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I tried watching Step Brothers the other night. Normally, I like Will Ferrel and John C. Reilly, but ugh, lord, it was terrible. I couldn't get more than an hour into it before I had to turn it off.