• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
IngmarBergman-Persona-Poster.jpg

Bergman provides another abstract masterclass in identity. This has been one of those films where I'm noticeably shaken at the thought of the potential of not seeing it (sorry, mouthful). This film exists far more outside of itself than the actual content on screen. If you're thinking about only the themes you're seeing, you're not getting enough out of it. Thus, Bergman; on the breach of breadth again.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Punisher: War Zone.

While the film possessed some very colorful villains -- the kind you would find in an adult comic book a la The Punisher -- there was absolutely no reason to reboot the franchise, as I thought the 2004 Thomas Jane version was superior and even a masterpiece in the realm of low-budget cinema.

While The Punisher was like an '80s action movie, Punisher: War Zone was like its video game counterpart. Still, it was mildly entertaining.

And on another note, I think that kids should be banned from ever entering a movie theater. I can't believe that kids still use those annoying keychain laser pointers as toys. I mean, how amusing could a little red dot moving across the screen possibly get? I could only guess this was a group of adolescent ESFPs -- and they never stopped talking throughout the entire fucking movie.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw The Day the Earth Stood Still. The one thing I can't stand about these "message" movies is that they cover issues that are not real, such as global warming, this is all disguised under product placement from the likes of McDonald's and Windows, perhaps used as bait to sell the more...ahem...global idea of global warming.

And I also hate when they put annoying kids in the movies.

Oh well, at least it had some pretty neat special effects, I'll be happy to read about them in Cinefex.

I'll get the movie on Blu-Ray for that purpose.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm going to watch march of the penguins tonight (or soon if I don't get around to it)

Looks great. Sounds great.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia-Such a good show, if you haven't seen it go to hulu and watch it.

West

MBTI Type
INTJ
'In the Mood for Love' by Wong Kar Wai
Not a trailer but a small scene from the movie. It doesn't give anything away.

'2046' by Wong Kar Wai
The "sequel" to ItMfL. Same protagonist, completely different universe.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Independent Lens -- Wonders Are Many

"A documentary of composer John Adams and director Peter Sellars' work to make "Doctor Atomic" - a grand opera about the birth of the atomic bomb."

Very good.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw Yes Man. Jim Carrey is the same person in every fucking movie. And I thought it would be the kind of inspirational movie I needed to brainwash myself for the better. Didn't work.

I should have said "No."

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Eagle Eye: Starts off crappy, gets better. Make popcorn, you'll need it. 7/10
Man On Wire: The true story itself beats the melodramatic film. Should've been condensed to 45 minutes. 7/10
How to Win Friends and Alienate People: Kills 1.5 hours without too much pain, I suppose. 7/10
The Good, the Bad, and the Weird: Fittingly, it's a remake-in-spirit of GBU. It's cool. (Korean w/English subs). 8/10

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I have the house to myself tonight. My sister might be home. and i'll be watching the rocky horror picture show.

yeyaa!

S

Sniffles

Recently rewatched one of my favorite films The Longest Day about the D-Day landings.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Despite its length, the film was among the best of the year. Although perhaps not as good as Speed Racer.

It's a nice spin on a Forrest Gump story structure.

And it's also one of the rare modern movies that I'm literally curious to read about in Cinefex. The CG character animation was the most realistic stuff I've ever seen. The most technologically advanced invisible effects since Forrest Gump, in my opinion.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is it that cheap horror movies always open up in early January? Shouldn't that be a Halloween thing?

I mean I know that the lowest quality movies are released early in the year, but still...it doesn't make sense.

Save for, perhaps, My Bloody Valentine in 3-D, which should come out in early-to-mid February. Because Valentine's Day itself is like a bad horror movie with even cheaper gimmicks than blood and gore.