• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dragon. A noir-ish kung fu film where an investigator uses acupuncture to suppress his empathy in order to root out a potentially dangerous qi master in hiding. Pretty cool.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this watch it it's excellent especially if you like dark whimisical films it's a mix between big fish and box trolls (if you seen that, it's good worth watching maybe once but not more than that)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally saw The Maltese Falcon yesterday. I really didn't know much about it, except that it's a prime example of the use of a macguffin, and of noir. I was surprised about how small the sets were and how few locations there were, giving it a cramped feel. And pleasantly surprised that it takes place in San Francisco. Good stuff, though.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
American Ultra. I give it a 6.5/10. A mostly pointless time killer; the best part was the preview of Deadpool and Mockingjay Part 2 before the film.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just finished the 'him' version of 'The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' -- I recommend the 'Them' version, I saw it first, yesterday, and 'him' just adds a few additional scenes (probably 'her' is the same, adding some additional footage)

I think the character development and relational/life/personality struggles were very well done.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
All About Eve. It's considered one of the all time great films but I give it a 6/10. Some of the more recent movies I've seen such as Pixar's Inside Out and The Grand Budapest Hotel are more entertaining films. This really is the golden age of cinema.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Took a chance on an indie film. This is probably the best movie I've seen this year, which is strange because I usually don't like seeing self-destructive behavior in a film.

Go see "Before I Disappear" now; get the soundtrack as well. It's about a suicidal INFP (or ISFP?) who finds redemption when he connects with his estranged niece.

Also, Shawn Christensen is da man! He wrote, directed, and starred in the movie and he also contributed a song.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I saw about 30 minutes of the Conjuring on SyFy last night. My first thought: nuke the demon bitch!

I don't know which is worse: a termite problem or a witch demon infestation.

93JC

I saw The End of the Tour yesterday, a film about the author David Foster Wallace. Wallace's most famous work was the novel "Infinite Jest", published in 1996.

He also famously killed himself in 2008.

The film is a retrospective of an interview of Wallace for Rolling Stone by writer David Lipsky. (Lipsky's article went unpublished until 2009, after Wallace died. In 2010 Lipsky won a National Magazine Award (think Pulitzer-Prize-for-magazines) for his work.) 95% of the film is retelling, mostly word-for-word (most of the screenplay is sourced from tapes Lipsky recorded, so the actual dialogue is often verbatim), the story of their five or six days together in 1996 as Wallace was finishing his book tour for "Infinite Jest".

It's hard to describe what this film is about in more detail than that. The subject matter goes all over the place. Wallace and Lipsky talked about all sorts of things: television (Wallace's "addiction"), dogs, fame, women (Alanis Morissette in particular), alcoholism, being a writer, and suicide. This isn't a dramatization of their time together, just a very faithful re-enactment. In a way it's a movie about nothing, and in another way it's a movie about everything.

I enjoyed it very much; it's easily one of the best films I've seen in recent memory.

berenj

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was in the worst mood yesterday, so I decided to watch Precious. Bad choice. Good movie, though, albeit depressing as hell.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tig the documentary of comedian Tig Notaro.