• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night I watched Rankin & Bass's The Last Unicorn. It was not very good, but the story line appealed to me because it's pretty much a Fi allegory. I may have to read the story again, I remember liking it.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Last night I watched Rankin & Bass's The Last Unicorn. It was not very good, but the story line appealed to me because it's pretty much a Fi allegory. I may have to read the story again, I remember liking it.

I feel embarressed to admit that I loved this story but it was so sweet, how could I not be moved by it?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched Lucy the other day, I didn't understand it towards the end and how it could possibly make any sense.:dry:

Jaguar

Last night - the movie John Wick.

Do not mess with his puppy or steal his car. Ever.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters. I have no idea why I watched it to begin with, but it was better than I thought. I especially appreciated the cameo of Nathan Fillion as Hermes, talking about a TV show that was really good but only lasted one season.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I've watched "Wild". I liked it. I have a weakness for road movies :wubbie:

I have a plan to go on the trip on my own, but 90day? It's too long without people.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ex Machina.

See it.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Fantastic 4. This reboot is superior to the original, but it's still just "good". Can't say it's a great film because none of the characters are particularly likeable. Note to film makers and writers: character development is important even in superhero films.

Forgot something: there are no additional clips at the end of the movie, so you don't have to stay for the credits to finish.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Legend of Korra: Book 4. I have no idea why Nickelodoen didn't broadcast the last 2 series; I liked it more than the 1st two series. I skipped the 3rd series. The major baddie in Book 4 is an ISTJ female conqueror; it sorta works. Fans of Toph will like this one.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Serial mom. It was disappointing, lead with it's 'best stuff', but then couldn't keep up the pace.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Some anime films:

The Wind Rises (2013): Its impact hit only a few days after. I was shattered. Best of the rest, by far.
Only Yesterday (1991): Wow, would even recommend to non-anime fans. Her memory of her first crush was too relatable, I was cringing just watching it.
When Marnie was Here (2014): Unforgettable. Captured my heart, maybe 'cause I could see myself in Anna...
Wolf Children (2012): Almost made me cry.
Whisper of the Heart (1995): Cute, very typical from studio Ghibli.
Colourful (2010): Depressing, I didn't particularly like the animation either.
Ocean Waves (1993): Ugh. You'll hate it even more when you read about its production. This was junk, absolute junk. What were they thinking? Who couldn't tell that Morisaki had a crush on Muto? He followed her around everywhere! How the hell was that the climax? I want 72 minutes back!

Ingrid in grids

I also recently saw Yakuza Apocalypse (2015). It's a vampire meets martial arts horror-comedy movie that is absurd, foolish, and absolutely hilarious. I haven't seen physical comedy done this well in a very long time.

Here's a trailer (unfortunately without subtitles).

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i saw straight outta compton last night and enjoyed it :thumbup: