• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm watching Selma, a biopic about Martin Luther King Jr.'s civil rights actions in Selma, Alabama regarding the right to vote. Very emotional movie in so many ways. It's really hard to imagine America to that level of hatred, racism, and ignorance. I'm still watching it, and it's really hard to put into words about what that time era must have been like and seeing how some of those events and things done to them back then most likely contributed to some of the lasting issues today. I know America is different than it was back then, but maybe there's areas we aren't aware of that still needs to be realized and fixed. As I watch it, I can understand their anger. . .how they were treated because of their race back then, brutally beaten, being killed during that era, wrongfully arrested and/or imprisoned, etc. In a way, it helps me realize why some anger still exists today.

People from that generation who experienced those injustices first-hand, or they saw friends and/or family to through it, and then there's the newer generations (children, grandchildren) from that generation. It's only natural, I think, for them to feel some level of anger, etc. considering they went through it personally, or knew someone who did. If that were me, knowing perhaps my grandmother or an aunt, or even a best friend went through those events, I think it may have influenced my view to some degree. I don't condone hate or racism by anyone, no matter what their race, etc. is, but I can understand cause-effect, the emotional impact and how it can be what drove them to it out of loyalty for those they knew who went through it, and also caused some to be able to generalize those actions and ways of thinking to all whites. It's like if someone saw their child get murdered, the parent(s) would want some sort of justice or revenge. I don't think people who hate because of race to any degree really understand what they're hating or why just because they've learned to dehumanize to such a dangerous degree to think it's okay to hate, maim, and/or kill.

I know I'm not expressing myself exactly how I'd like or intend to, but the movie is still playing. Very good movie with showing things that happened in detail and the emotional side of it.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Jurassic World.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I watched the three movies of the Hunger Games a couple of days ago. Really excited for the part 2.

Aoxal4N.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this:

it was really really really really good. that is all.

p.s. [MENTION=6071]Oaky[/MENTION] no one dies

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this:

it was really really really really good. that is all.

p.s. [MENTION=6071]Oaky[/MENTION] no one dies
prpl, I just finished watching this out of your recommendation. Yea, I really loved the movie. I like these kind of psychological thrillers also.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just watched Pacific Rim. I love that movie, because it's exactly what it advertises itself to be -- a big, dumb, unabashedly over-the-top, ridiculously entertaining monster flick.

Also Idris Elba is in it, and he's made of awesome.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Fighter in the Wind, a Korean martial arts movie about a Korean who becomes a master fighter in the wilderness like Oogway in Kung Fu Panda. Dude then proceeds to challenge every Karate master in Japan and kicks their asses. I'm pleasantly surprised; the fights looked great.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't deal with thinks today. Double Feature: Kung Fu Hustle, Fist of Legend:

l8wbDZ4ku2gsE.gif

v5VVudBjkbZ7i.gif

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Antman: not as good as the first Iron Man but better than Thor. I don't like ants so I'm probably biased.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Welcome to Sweden. Not sure where or when this series aired, but it stars Greg Poehler as an ENFP financial consultant who moves to Sweden to live with his ESTJ Swedish girlfriend. It's not bad and I'd watch it just to learn more about the Swedish culture.

Did you know that Ace of Base are superstars in Sweden and they have an ABBA museum?

Aubrey Plaza guest stars in 3 episodes.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I watched 2 episodes of "Orphan Black" and admit it's good :) I like characters and plot is interesting.

It reminds me something...but where are their barcodes and superpowers;)

Axwell

MBTI Type
IXTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Don't fucking stutter next time.

I watched Fifty Shades of Grey.

Best film of 2015 hands down, great plot, great cinematography and overall great film.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Girl with a Pearl Earring. 8/10 - visually beautiful, historically immersive yet with a timeless feel, subtle and mature yet powerful storytelling and acting.

In other words, it's a really good movie and I don't know how to adequately explain exactly what makes it so good and when I tried to I just came up with a bunch of cliches that sorta describe the impression the movie made on me.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don Jon

Really liked it. Apparently it was Joseph Gordon Levit's directing debut which is cool. It was a thoughtful and well done movie, and Julianne Moore is basically my spirit animal so she just brought it to a new level for me.