• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

nos4a2

Season 1 of Penny Dreadful. Love the Victorian Era “gaslight horror” setting and ambience (the series is actually filmed in Dublin, which is a better Victorian London than current London). It has the sensationalist flavor of Penny Dreadfuls, with a lot more character depth.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Kingsman : misunderstood, genocidal xNTP tries to heal mother earth but gets ass kicked by British xSTPs.

LonestarCowgirl

I hoped this would be an intellectually challenging documentary. Looks more like a boring strawman apology.

Uh oh. Sounds like our movie critic is having second thoughts. This a movie challenge for a real critic! Are you going to let boredom and prejudices defeat you?

I hope not because I'm looking forward to your review. I have immense faith you can do it!

Nicodemus

Uh oh. Sounds like our movie critic is having second thoughts. This a movie challenge for a real critic! Are you going to let boredom and prejudices defeat you?

I hope not because I'm looking forward to your review. I have immense faith you can do it!
If the trailer is to be believed, the film's message is: atheists are assholes who secretly hate god for purely emotional reasons, therefore god is real. Am I right?

Beorn

Permabanned
If the trailer is to be believed, the film's message is: atheists are assholes who secretly hate god for purely emotional reasons, therefore god is real. Am I right?

I'm guessing it's more the latter part of the argument that you take issue with and would deny. Plenty of evidence to substantiate the asshole claim.

Anyway, I didn't even want to subject myself to the trailer. The one sentence description from google looked silly enough.

Sorry, skinnylove.

LonestarCowgirl

I'm not going to disguise the ugliness. There was a dramatic atheist professor in the movie; his hatred was directed towards any principles of god's existence and not towards man.

I didn't interpret the atheists' hatred towards god (or existence principles) as being purely from an emotional standpoint, therefore god is real or not real. I felt the professor was depicted as a highly intelligent man; I got the impression his lack of faith was due to being (naturally) logical.

I personally didn't get any pleasure from watching an atheist being depicted in such a harsh manner. By the same token, I don't get any pleasure from watching Christians condemn people when Jesus died for sinners. The god of the Bible is LOVE. Agape love. Some Christians don't understand agape love and yes, that's probably the case for the creators of this movie. That's my impression.

Ingrid in grids

I've been addicted to a Chinese dating show called If You Are The One for a while now. It airs in my country a few times a week.

So brutal sometimes.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

1. Ramuh summon made me jizz my pants. Man, that was so badass.
2. Noctis, why are you so 8w9?
3. Prompto, why are you so 4w5?
4. Glad, why are you so 2w1?
5. Ignis, I like you more than I thought I would. Also, stop be so 6w5.
6. Prompto, you are the only Ne type in group of all Se-Ni, does it make you feel like a special snowflake?
7. Cidney's southern accent, yo. Think I still prefer the Japanese VA from what I've heard.
8. Noctis and I must have been twins in a past life. That morning grumpiness.
9. I wish I could play this game already. It looks so pretty and I really like the way different gameplay elements interact. The only real downside seems to be the camera during very hectic combat situations. Mana management seems to be a bitch during early levels too but I think that's ok because enemies aren't very strong to begin with.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Watched the whole first season. Loved it!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Watched the whole first season. Loved it!
Isn't it hilarious? I've been trying to space the episodes out, so I don't blast through them all in one sitting, but it's hard.

Titus cracks me up. Although he'd probably drive me insane if I knew him in real life. "Cors. Am I saying that right? Currs. Coors." :laugh:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't it hilarious? I've been trying to space the episodes out, so I don't blast through them all in one sitting, but it's hard.

Titus cracks me up. Although he'd probably drive me insane if I knew him in real life. "Cors. Am I saying that right? Currs. Coors." :laugh:

i'm a new netflix user (i know, who the hell is this girl) so i just blazed through like a total noob.

yeah titus is a great character. i also really love jacqueline. her interatctions with kimmy are hilarious.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Hundred Foot Journey starring Helen Mirren. A Michelin star restaurant owner learns to appreciate the culture of her Indian neighbors. Nice, fluffy film but about 30 minutes too long.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Watched parts 2 and 3 of PBS's documentary on the history of Cancer and Cancer treatments. They got several things wrong and several major developments were ignored, including the most promising treatment for cancer. Then I find out they were sponsored by the American Cancer Society (founded by big pharma execs) and Genentech and it all made sense.

93JC

Furious 7

About as stupid as you would imagine, but entertaining nonetheless due to how preposterously over-the-top it is.