• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

93JC

To Catch a Thief. Not quite as enjoyable as other Alfred Hitchcock movies I've seen but still enjoyable.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm officially obsessed with Michael Angorano.

I just watched Ceremony.

I think I just really enjoyed it because of him. lol

So biased.

His character was probably an E3. I liked how Gatsby was pretty much the whole theme of the movie.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Talking Heads concert film Stop Making Sense.

Three times in the past 16 hours.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched The Diary of Preston Plummer

I liked it. The dialogue is good. I would probably be thrilled if I could talk to someone like that character everyday. He didnt seem like a feeler. He seemed like he had a hard time opening up.

I liked his honesty.

On another note, I watched Cars 2 finally. Lol cute. I always love the dynamic between the hippie van and the army jeep lol.

G

Ginkgo

With all the hype surrounding the Oscars, I decided to watch 12 Years a Slave.

While it had me wincing more than I did when I saw The Passion, and I disliked the casting of Bad Pitt, I haven't been as moved by a movie since I saw Lincoln, and Grave of the Fireflies before that.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You should all go and see the new Liam Neeson movie, "Non-Stop". That movie kicked ass. It was a lot like the old Steven Segal "Under Siege" movies. It was non stop action the whole way through. Also, as you know a plane is under siege in the movie, but you have no idea who is doing it and the movie leaves you guessing until the end. The action and the martial arts moves in this movie reminds me a lot of the movie "Taken" as well. This movie kicked ass! I give it a 9/10!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Earlier today, watched really a cool animation Gish linked me to - The Triplets of Belleville. Enjoyed it a lot. There's another one by that animator called L'illusionniste, but I need to find a good quality version.

Last night in an attempt to cheer me up, Edgar took down an old Polaroid of Jack from the fridge door, put it by a candle, dedicating the movie we watched (Ghostbusters II) to my departed kitty.

Celebrating his life once more with Pet Sematary tonight.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been watching season 2 of House of Cards, which is entertaining, and True Detective, which after two episodes seems like it's going to be fucking awesome.

I've watched the first 3(?) episodes of Top of the Lake but I don't know if I'm going to finish it.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19332]kquirk[/MENTION] May I ask why you liked Blue is the Warmest Color?

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=19332]kquirk[/MENTION] May I ask why you liked Blue is the Warmest Color?

Yeah, I think it worked best as a coming-of-age story. I liked the pacing. It didn't feel like a three hour movie to me; I felt like I was watching a story from her life and could have kept watching.

Some of the storytelling was a little heavy-handed, like how the stuff they were reading in school was always relating perfectly to the plot. But some of the cheesy things I liked, such as the comparison between the two family dinners and how all they knew how to make was spaghetti.

But I'm a sucker for acting, and the two leads were phenomenal.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think it worked best as a coming-of-age story. I liked the pacing. It didn't feel like a three hour movie to me; I felt like I was watching a story from her life and could have kept watching.

Some of the storytelling was a little heavy-handed, like how the stuff they were reading in school was always relating perfectly to the plot. But some of the cheesy things I liked, such as the comparison between the two family dinners and how all they knew how to make was spaghetti.

But I'm a sucker for acting, and the two leads were phenomenal.

Really!?

It was like the slowest movie I have seen in years. lol

I agree that the acting was excellent though! (And attractive :newwink:)

And I didn't realize they were going to show so much! I pretty much liked those parts the most tbh. I think that the rest of the movie had me in a little suspense though, cause I kept thinking they were going to get caught or something.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched all of house of cards in 48 hours, phew.

Right now I have my whole tv collection on shuffle on my computer. Very golden girls-heavy, but currently on 30 rock.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Need for Speed was not half bad as far as video game adaptations go. While many of its aspects didn't succeed, it actually made a noble attempt to be a good movie. And fans of the games will love it.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
300: Rise of an Empire. I was expecting a fun movie with cool visuals and that's exactly what I got. Thanks Zach Snyder. Also, Eva Green is awesome in this.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched Frozen for the first time...and the disclaimer played during the credits was unforgettable, ready for this?

The views and opinions expressed by Kristoff that all men eat their own boogers are solely his own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of The Walt Disney Company or the filmmakers. Neither the Walt Disney Company nor the filmmakers make any representation of the accuracy of any such views and opinions.

If this was a joke (like the occasional "No animals, aliens or zombies were harmed during the making of this film"), then I got a chuckle.

If this wasn't a joke and was an actual legal/PR note, then I fucking fell on the floor laughing my ass off!!!