• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)

Surprisingly the movie was still as good as the first time when I saw it.

Awwwww, I love this film!!!

I just got done watching 6 episodes of Friends while making tacos. :D

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
La Joueuse D'Echecs (2011): 7/10. Above average French film about a cleaning lady who discovers she's a chess prodigy. Kevin Kline took some time off from making out with Phoebe Cates to co-star as the mentor. Think "Good Will Hunting" only it's about chess, not math.

93JC

thief-021.jpg

Michael Mann's first and one of his most critically acclaimed motion pictures.

I liked it. I like Manhunter, and I can see a lot of similarities between the two. The way some of the shots are framed, the jargon-heavy dialogue, the synth-heavy score, and even the actors (Dennis Farina and William Petersen made their big-screen debuts in Thief in background roles).

The particular version I watched (online) had a poor sound mix; I could barely hear and understand the dialogue at certain points. That took away a lot of the enjoyment for me. Criterion just released a 4K transfer on Blu-ray; I might borrow it at some point to compare. The sound mix may have been deliberate, as Michael Mann sometimes does unusual things like that (e.g. jump cuts).

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched great Gatsby. Awesome soundtrack.

Finally got around to watching both footloose.

I hate Kevin bacon... and I'm obsessed with Miles Teller....so needless to say I like the newer one better.

Watched: Place Beyond the Pines...eh I had really high expectations... I was disappointed :(

Watched The Lucky One... eh it was a cheesy romance but whateves

Watched That Awkward Moment...like I said.. I'm obsessed with miles teller lol

But I don't like going to the theatre. Nobody in the crowd ever laughs. People r so laame.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 - not as funny as the preview made it out to be. Then on top of it, if vegetables food have feelings, what does the food that is alive eat when everything is alive. How do vegetarians feel about this? I should have known.
:doh:

Had to wash my brain a bit by watching Gran Torino - with Clint Eastwood. Brought some grumpiness with reality for me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Lego Movie was fabulous. I literally cried laughing, and I don't remember the last time I did that. And the animation is extraordinary. A well-deserved 99% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not even the predictable plot point of
could ruin this movie.

Did you see it, [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Lego Movie was fabulous. I literally cried laughing, and I don't remember the last time I did that. And the animation is extraordinary. A well-deserved 99% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not even the predictable plot point of
could ruin this movie.

Did you see it, [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]?

I want to see it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've wanted to see it ever since I saw the first trailer, but I don't know if I'll make it out while it's in the theater. Maybe I will. I laughed so hard during the trailer itself. I actually haven't been to a theater movie for 1-2 months at least now, haven't felt like spending the money. I bet Hobbit 2 was the last thing I went to see.

I think it's rather awesome that it was running a 98-99% of RT, which beats the pants off many more serious movies with far larger marketing campaigns. I'm inclined to think the few hold-outs just are elitists or don't have a real sense of humor.

I don't want any spoilers, though. Trying to dodge those.

---

Probably the best "new" movie I saw recently was on Bluray, "Prisoners." It avoided many of the flaws of that genre and also led in some unsettling direction, without apology. It might have tied together a little too neatly, but... some decent acting there.

I still have to finish "Children of Men." I only watched about half of it, then forgot to get back to it.

Yesterday I watched The Prestige (which I will tentatively call my most favorite movie... although it's competing with Endless Sunshine and Pan's Labyrinth). Well-acted, well-written, well-directed, good art direction; the movie itself structurally reflects the movie's themes; the movie works whether or not you've seen it before and "know all the secrets", everything still makes sense regardless. (And if you don't figure out the secrets, it's not that the answers weren't there, it's that the movie skillfully misdirected you -- "Are you watching closely?") Plus, psychologically it's this horrible story of two men where one man can't let go of another's mistake, so they end up in an accelerating jealous circle of revenge and upstaging until both finally pay a heinous price. One might look a little better than the other, in the end, but both are complex and corrupt in their own way. Even when you hate their choices, you can understand their justifications. And an unrecognizable David Bowie as Tesla is a real coup for Nolan, he's great.

I have trouble thinking of something that could and should have been done differently.

Then I watched "GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra." Complete fluff, with everything a scripted cliche, but fun, cute, lots of cool action, and the actors enjoy it and don't take themselves too seriously.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just started this series called, Haven, It's eureka meets fbi thriller with a smattering of x-men traits it's growing on me

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Billy Ray Cyrus, Dionne Warwick's son, and Larry King got together to make a sequel to Achey Breaky Heart. It surprisingly wasn't WTF enough for me, am dissapoint.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
today I watched two things
first
BlackFish I liked it was a nice documentary, though made you realize how many people are assholes only out to make a buck at the expense of other's well being

second
Extracted about a man who can enter the memories of others and watch their memories, he gets trapped in the memories of a criminal. sounds like John Malcovich but very different. amazing movie it's an independent sci-fi thriller

T

The Iron Giant

I watched the last two episodes of Justified from the first season. I'm looking forward to starting season two. This show is excellent!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just watched Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling.

I remember why I have chosen to be single, thanks to this movie.

It was very real to me. I liked that.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Black Dahlia Haunting

Some low budget horror film I watched last night.. made NO sense.

The general "feel" of it was akin to watching a good (or at the very least.. intriguing?) indie horror movie while you're totally out-of-your-mind-drunk.

Film moves along disjointedly & you watch and from a distance.. it's like, aw this seems like it might be.. cool.. I think? But you don't really know what's happening at all. Perhaps you blacked out during some part, chugging gin.. but have no clue.

I never felt that watching anything sober before, it was fucking.. odd.

Plotline is just so scattered and poorly written. Like chunks of film footage were cut by mistake during the final cuts.
I really.. don't know. A try-hard filmschool failure. This is coming from someone who LIKES terrible things.

The only cure for my mixed feelings.. make everyone else watch it. Pass it on like a gypsy curse.

:mellow:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just watched Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling.

I remember why I have chosen to be single, thanks to this movie.

It was very real to me. I liked that.

that movie knocked me back when i saw it. kicked me straight in the heart. i thought it was really good.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that movie knocked me back when i saw it. kicked me straight in the heart. i thought it was really good.
It was really good. I like movies like that. I was just not mentally prepared for the disapointment i feel now. lol

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was really good. I like movies like that. I was just not mentally prepared for the disapointment i feel now. lol

haha, i know what you mean. i saw it in the theater, and like, didn't feel ready to leave my seat when it was over. i just wanted to sit there for a while and digest what i had watched. left me with a heavy heart.