• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just watched 21 & Over

I always like these types of movies more the 2nd time I see them. It was funny. I love the main actors.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Django!!!!! Loved it.

When are you going to go see it?

Also, I saw three movies in the last few days. I saw:

1)Elysium

1 out of 10

I was VERY disappointed in this movie. This had to be one of the biggest letdowns of the year. I don't even think that it was worth the $1.50 that I paid to the Red Box to rent this movie. It was fucking boring as hell, I kept watching my watch over and over again, because I just wanted it to be over already. It just seemed like they hired big name actors to try and make as much money as possible with as little effort as possible. What a disappointment.

2) Walter Middy

8 out of 10 stars

I really liked this movie. The character keeps drifting off into outer space and people keep picking on him for it. I related a bit to this character, and this probably made me like the movie more. Also, I should mention that the advertisements make it look like he just keeps dreaming of going on adventures, and he doesn't actually go on any real adventures. However, this is not the case, in the beginning of the movie he just dreams of going on adventures, but later in the movie he actually goes on a real adventure. So it's not all just fantasy.

3) Wall Street Wolf

10 out of 10

This movie was fucking amazing! This movie was just as good as, "American Hustle". Anyone that has a very id personality type or is into very worldly things like money, power, success, prestige, sex, etc, will very much like this movie. It has a really good plot, and is almost like a drama and a comedy mixed into one: The movie has a very engaging plotline but at the same time has a VERY LARGE amount of humor that is very similar to like "The Hangover" or "Hot Tub Time Machine" for instance. If you were to take the original Wall Street movie with Gordon Gekko and combine it with the Hangover, you would produce this movie. The movie will literally make you laugh so hard that you will piss your pants. In fact, in one scene Leo DiCaprio's character take Qualudes and I'm not gonna tell you what happens but the scene literally had me, my friend, and the rest of the audience laughing for a solid 10 minutes straight. The only downside to the movie is that it is so long: the movie is literally 3 hours long! So go see it on a day when you have a lot of time to kill. However, you will not regret it.

G

Ginkgo

2001_a_space_odyssey_1.jpg

I could use a rewatch of it, perhaps, but it boasts innovative special effects for its time. In typical Kubrick fashion, it builds intense suspense and awe with little more than music and ambiance. Inscrutable plot devices gave me chills; you get the feeling that the line begins to blur where your preconceptions lie. However, it was drawn out in ways less enjoyable than The Shining.

8/10

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forgot about it, but before I saw The Wolf of Wall Street, I saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and as you might've guessed...it was forgettable. Ben Stiller's attempt at an Oscar backfired. The movie was just so confused, as if it wasn't sure what it was trying to be. Though, as both director and star, I will give Ben Stiller credit for not casting a love interest half his age, but in certain ways, I suppose you could say it worked against the surrealistic tone that *I guess* the film was trying to convey.

And I'm glad the movie didn't go the Forrest Gump route that I feared it would, although it did have a Benjamin Button parody that I thought could've been a lot funnier, but then again, I wasn't sure if the movie was supposed to be a comedy, drama, or even a comedy-drama. Where the sum of its parts showed ambition and spectacle, they just didn't fit right together.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Carrie 1976 - Was a good movie. Interesting that they slapped each other... often. I thought that was odd. Don't agree with me, I'll just slap you. :D

Hell Baby 2013 - I want my time back that I lost from 2013.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched: I give it a year

Eh. It was whatever. The wife ruined it for me. She was just a bitch. Very cliché. But the last scene was amusing.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched: American Hustle.

It was decent. Bloated/hypertensive, manipulative Christian Bale was wonderfully repulsive.
Good on him for committing to his role.

There's something terribly filthy about the 70s, I can't place it specifically.

That is all.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched: American Hustle.

It was decent. Bloated/hypertensive, manipulative Christian Bale was wonderfully repulsive.
Good on him for committing to his role.

There's something terribly filthy about the 70s, I can't place it specifically.

That is all.
I'm wondering, how does that relate to Jersey Shore?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Just watched 47 Ronin, and this movie was garbage! This has to be one of the worst movies that I've seen all year. I'd give it maybe a 3/10. It was full of old Japanese cliches and seemed like the producers were just trying to make a quick buck off the movie. For example, they had "ancient japanese" secret katanas and a lame ass sorceress with "mystical powers". It was all the same stuff that you see that has been recycled from one Japanese movie to another. They didn't really have that many fight scenes either, but the scenes that they DID have were actually pretty damn good, and that's the only reason this movie didn't get dropped all the way down to a 1 out of 10. Also, most of the movie I found to be pretty damn boring, and it didn't have a strong hook in the beginning either to get you interested in the movie. I found that the first 30 minutes of the movie had me looking down at my watch constantly to see when the movie was going to be over. I also didn't care for the ending of the movie. Don't go see this movie, because if you do, you will be disappointed. This movie isn't even worth a red box rental. Hell, I would say that if you just HAVE to see this movie, just wait until it comes out on HBO.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Carrie 2013... disappointing.