• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Just starting
MV5BMzk0ODc1NDMxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTAzMzgwOA@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

Nicodemus

I've never really expected him to live anywhere else. Yes it is very pretentious (I found the coverage about Occupy to be hilariously up its own ass), but there is something there still. This show may be more bad Sorkin than good, but enough of the good moments come through (for me at least) to keep me from dismissing it entirely. The toned down intro is much better, and I think the show itself a little bit better. That's not a very high bar to hop over, but the potential in the show if a few more things come together keeps me coming back.
I think I will continue watching it, if only to gather information on last year's news.

I would sure like to hear Will present a conservative policy position that he agrees with this season.

I'm into the subject matter of the show more than most (politics, news, Republicans and the like), and that may be what pushes it over the top for me. But I can't help but think if Sorkin can step back a little and let someone help write Will who actually understands conservative ideology, that this could turn into one of the better shows out there. Whether Sorkin is comfortable giving up that much creative control is another story. If we could tone down the general "Sorkin-ness" just a few notches and balance the show out I think it has real potential.

The reason The West Wing worked was that the President therein happened to be a Democrat, and Sorkin knows how to write Democrats.

He has no idea how to write Republicans. The scene from season one where he finds the gun in the girls purse is instructive.

So far, the only thing that would lead me to believe Will is a conservative is the fact that he's said so. Besides that, the whole POV of the show is liberal.

It just doesn't make sense.
I actually laughed when Will pulled out his Republicanism in the latest episode, because it occurred to me that they simply use it as a stand-in for silly American patriotism. I guess we will only see Will being Republican in his moments of foolishness. Ainsley Hayes was much more convincing. But then, 'The West Wing' as a whole was much more convincing, even though it had almost the same amount of odious character glorification. Currently, my favorite character is Sloan.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I think I will continue watching it, if only to gather information on last year's news.

I actually laughed when Will pulled out his Republicanism in the latest episode, because it occurred to me that they simply use it as a stand-in for silly American patriotism. I guess we will only see Will being Republican in his moments of foolishness. Ainsley Hayes was much more convincing. But then, 'The West Wing' as a whole was much more convincing, even though it had almost the same amount of odious character glorification. Currently, my favorite character is Sloan.

Sloan rocks my socks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Just finished watching the Skeleton Key last night. And it's amazing, i love it. most of the movies i've been picking out the last few weeks have been hits in my book. I think there was only 2 i had to turn off because they were boring me.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just saw a screening of all 22 volumes of "trapped in the closet" by r. kelly at a movie theater. They opened it with 3 other music videos of his. Best 5 dollars I ever spent (plus they serve alcohol)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just saw a screening of all 22 volumes of "trapped in the closet" by r. kelly at a movie theater. They opened it with 3 other music videos of his. Best 5 dollars I ever spent (plus they serve alcohol)

hahaha! My only INFP friend became obsessed with that saga. Too funny! Did you hear he's making it into a broadway show? He added more chapters too :)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Top of the Lake" is pretty good.

Paradise is prettier in the flesh.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just saw "Pacific Rim" as well as the new Wolverine movie. Both of those movies were really good.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just saw Silver Linings Playbook. I really liked it, it's like a rom-com with serious acting and some crazy thrown in. The soundtrack kind of annoyed me for some reason.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going to watch The Fountain, as soon as the ITunes download finishes.

I wonder what happens if you combine that movie and Head? Do you get an Ayn Rand adaptation?