• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Documentary about the Jonestown Massacre

Followed by the audio of the community's final hour, reading along with a transcript.

Near the end the kids' screams increase. A child clearly shrieks, I don't wanna die!
Chilled me, quite a bit.

I didn't listen for entertainment purposes, obviously. Hard to wrap your head around this mindset. This.. mindlessness, really. To be able to just kill yourself, your family, over what some crazed druggie is rambling over. Almost a thousand people, just.. yeah. Sheesh. Baffling.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Documentary about the Jonestown Massacre

Followed by the audio of the community's final hour, reading along with a transcript.

Near the end the kids' screams increase. A child clearly shrieks, I don't wanna die!
Chilled me, quite a bit.

I didn't listen for entertainment purposes, obviously. Hard to wrap your head around this mindset. This.. mindlessness, really. To be able to just kill yourself, your family, over what some crazed druggie is rambling over. Almost a thousand people, just.. yeah. Sheesh. Baffling.

I've seen the first one

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Watching Going Postal it's good I like it I really need to read some Terry Prachett and not just watch the mini series based on his books

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hannibal, the TV series.

Rich, albeit somewhat unsavory. Then again, it's the point.

Mole

Permabanned
We Steal Secrets

I saw the documentary, "We Steal Secrets", about Wikileaks and Julian Assange.

And with Ed Snowden revealing America's secrets as I write, it's worthwhile getting an overview of Wikileaks.

It seems that Wikileaks and Julian Assange have been neutralised by America, but young, intelligent, idealistic men and women keep stealing America's secrets and sharing them with us.

Nicodemus

I saw the documentary, "We Steal Secrets", about Wikileaks and Julian Assange.

And with Ed Snowden revealing America's secrets as I write, it's worthwhile getting an overview of Wikileaks.

It seems that Wikileaks and Julian Assange have been neutralised by America, but young, intelligent, idealistic men and women keep stealing America's secrets and sharing them with us.
Have you seen 'Underground: The Julian Assange Story'?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind there's a naked man in the first scene------Awesome!!

Mole

Permabanned
Secret Revelation

Have you seen 'Underground: The Julian Assange Story'?

No, but I will look it up.

I think one of the pleasures of revealing secrets is the thrill of paranoia.

And after all, religion is based on revelation, revealing the secret meaning of the world. And the headlines of popular magazines constantly tell of personal revelations being made.

We love to have secrets revealed whether by God or the local gossip.

And our travel industry is constantly revealing 'a best kept secret'.

Nicodemus

No, but I will look it up.

I think one of the pleasures of revealing secrets is the thrill of paranoia.

And after all, religion is based on revelation, revealing the secret meaning of the world. And the headlines of popular magazines constantly tell of personal revelations being made.

We love to have secrets revealed whether by God or the local gossip.

And our travel industry is constantly revealing 'a best kept secret'.
Julian Assange certainly loves the thrill. It is a surprisingly good film, close in feeling to '23', with a hint of 'Hackers'.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just started a documentary on Wayne White, some artist dude, called beauty is embarrassing. you can tell that i've never heard of him. so why watch a documentary on him? because why not?

Nicodemus

The new season of The Newsroom starts tonight on HBO at 10.

I'd check it out.
Sorkin still lives inside his own ass. The show is just too flat to be that pretentious. I think the election coverage will be entertaining, but also annoying, especially for Republicans.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Sorkin still lives inside his own ass. The show is just too flat to be that pretentious. I think the election coverage will be entertaining, but also annoying, especially for Republicans.

I've never really expected him to live anywhere else. Yes it is very pretentious (I found the coverage about Occupy to be hilariously up its own ass), but there is something there still. This show may be more bad Sorkin than good, but enough of the good moments come through (for me at least) to keep me from dismissing it entirely. The toned down intro is much better, and I think the show itself a little bit better. That's not a very high bar to hop over, but the potential in the show if a few more things come together keeps me coming back.

I would sure like to hear Will present a conservative policy position that he agrees with this season.

I'm into the subject matter of the show more than most (politics, news, Republicans and the like), and that may be what pushes it over the top for me. But I can't help but think if Sorkin can step back a little and let someone help write Will who actually understands conservative ideology, that this could turn into one of the better shows out there. Whether Sorkin is comfortable giving up that much creative control is another story. If we could tone down the general "Sorkin-ness" just a few notches and balance the show out I think it has real potential.

The reason The West Wing worked was that the President therein happened to be a Democrat, and Sorkin knows how to write Democrats.

He has no idea how to write Republicans. The scene from season one where he finds the gun in the girls purse is instructive.

So far, the only thing that would lead me to believe Will is a conservative is the fact that he's said so. Besides that, the whole POV of the show is liberal.

It just doesn't make sense.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
THe Machinist 5 out of 5 it's one of the few movies I was able to watch in one setting, and not get distracted. ie actually held my attention

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fruitvale Station was really good. Almost the whole theater was crying.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Orange is the new black on Netflix!!!! Too close to home but really good. I read the memoir it's based on though and they definitely added a ton of dramatic shit that wasn't in there.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I watched Idenity which was amazing and Everything Must Go, which sucked donkey balls