• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Mole

Permabanned
Lincoln, Money and Religion

I saw an American propaganda film last night. It was called, "Lincoln".

It told us President Abe Lincon freed the slaves when we know it was the Royal Navy who ended the Atlantic slave trade.

And we are told the Civil War was to save the Union, when we know it was a merchantile war waged by the North because they couldn't compete with the free labour of the South. So the free labour of slaves had to be 'freed', to compete in the merchantile system.

And it wasn't mentioned that both sides kept on fighting because both sides believed divine providence was on their side.

So the American Civil War was about money and religion. But after such a huge slaughter of fellow Americans, it had to be dressed up in high moral terms. What else?

Permabanned
I've just started watching this, I blame senza tema for linking to a tv series site. It's been quite a riveting serendipity.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Currently watching Sinister on blu-ray. Shagrath of Dimmu Borgir is actually kinda scary in this one.

KDude

The Goebbells Experiment. Interesting, but creepy look at the rise of Nazis through the pages of Joseph Goebbells diary.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Saw Jack the Giant Slayer yesterday evening. It shall join the ranks of not-bad-but-ultimately-forgettable action fantasies like the Clash of the Titans remake. On a side note, the CG giants were very well-rendered and almost realistic...nothing like in the trailers. The 3D was quite good, too.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Saw Oz: The Great and Powerful today, and left the theater very happy, though I wish they had gone the darker route like Return to Oz. I was also satisfied that I threatened to kill a mother and her two young children while I was standing in line (she was being a cunt), got her to back off, and it was a great emotional release for me. Anyway, good show.

G

Ginkgo

Just watched The Amazing Spiderman. Garfield's performance is truer to the form of Spiderman you find in the comics. The overall mood maybe darker, but it's far less emo. The new trilogy came early, but if you look at it like the 4th installment of the previous trilogy, then it exceeds expectations.

The only thing I didn't like about this movie was how one-dimensional and cheesy the Lizardman was. He reminded me of the Hulk as portrayed over the last 2 decades: just a scientist who goes berserk with little inner-turmoil. His backstory was rushed. It would have been more interesting to see him taking out his revenge on Oscorp. Maybe turning them all into lizardmen before initializing his widespread "cure".

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kobe getting injured yesterday - it was very disappointing. :cry:

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Tarantino thinks his worst movie is Death Proof apparently, but I'd watch that before the first 3 above. That film's underrated.

I read that article, too. I didn't like it when I first saw it, I will admit.
Nonetheless, the craft of the picture is genius--there truly is a GREAT movie in there (sadly, it falls short).

And after a while, I came to like it more than Planet Terror (fun the first time you watch it, meh afterwards).

KDude

I read that article, too. I didn't like it when I first saw it, I will admit.
Nonetheless, the craft of the picture is genius--there truly is a GREAT movie in there (sadly, it falls short).

And after a while, I came to like it more than Planet Terror (fun the first time you watch it, meh afterwards).

The car chases and old school stunts win it over for me. Maybe that's more a testament to his crew.. but that's basically his first action film, and he puts his own stamp on it. It's pretty brutal. I haven't seen Django, so I'm not sure if that's an action film. I'd love to see him to do it again.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seeing how today was Pi Day, I felt the need to watch Life of Pi, and...the tiger still looks fake.