• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Currently sitting in a movie theater waiting for A Good Day to Die Hard to start. Is it as bad as the critics are saying? Find out after the curiously short running time for a Die Hard picture of 97 minutes (trailers not included). We're not off to a good start, so wish me a yippie-ki-yay, motherfuckers!!!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
John McTiernan, director of the original and third Die Hard, was thrown in jail for crimes that I'm unclear of, but I guarantee that his crimes are nowhere near as heinous as greenlighting A Good Day to Die Hard. It's not even so bad because of the beyond ridiculous action sequences. It isn't bad because of the poor plot and character development. It isn't even bad because of fhe completely forgettable villains. Hell, it's not even bad because the whole movie felt less like a Die Hard movie and more like one Die Hard action sequence that some idiot thought would be good as an entire movie.

You know what made A Good Day to Die Hard so bad? The constant use of a handheld camera. Literally every shot in the movie shakes and zooms like a home video. Did the filmmakers spend the entire budget on creating the cheesiest helicopter crash in movie history that they couldn't afford even the simplest tripod from Walmart? That is unforgivable.

However, to the film's credit, this fifth installment felt more like a Die Hard movie than the last. But a really bad Die Hard.

Permabanned
quite eye opening

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
John McTiernan, director of the original and third Die Hard, was thrown in jail for crimes that I'm unclear of, but I guarantee that his crimes are nowhere near as heinous as greenlighting A Good Day to Die Hard. It's not even so bad because of the beyond ridiculous action sequences. It isn't bad because of the poor plot and character development. It isn't even bad because of fhe completely forgettable villains. Hell, it's not even bad because the whole movie felt less like a Die Hard movie and more like one Die Hard action sequence that some idiot thought would-be be good as an entire movie.

You know what made A Good Day to Die Hard so bad? The constant use of a handheld camera. Literally every shot in the movie shakes and zooms like a home video. Did the filmmakers spend the entire budget on creating the cheesiest helicopter crash in movie history that they couldn't afford even the simplest tripod from Walmart? That is unforgivable.

However, to the film's credit, this fifth installment felt more like a Die Hard movie than the last. But a really bad Die Hard.

And why does CG blood look like red powder? With fluid simulations being more or less perfected now, why can't CG blood look like squibs? Or better yet, why not use squibs in the first place?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You know, the last live action movie Robert Zemeckis directed before Flight all the way back in 2000 also opened with a plane crash. Can you guess what movie that was without running an IMDb search?

The great thing about this movie is not the action, it's the human element, which, in this case, is addiction. He's an alcoholic. My husband has struggled with severe alcoholism, so we enjoyed the rawness of this film deeply.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why was this ever banned?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
The kids and I recently watched an exceptionally beautiful, well written film called Beasts of the Southern Wild.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only good commercial on the Superbowl and I missed it:

PS: Wasn't there a Funny Video Thread somewhere?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The kids and I recently watched an exceptionally beautiful, well written film called Beasts of the Southern Wild.

Yeah, I had a screener for this a while back. It was an absolute joy to watch.

Hope it wins something, because it may be the only feature film truly deserving of accolades this year.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Also, I recently saw Beautiful Creatures. Some friends and I had the bright idea that we'd see it and get drunk, but turns out there's a two drink maximum at the theater bar. Da fuq. Still, they serve beer in big plastic sippy cups up to 32oz, so I did okay.

Anyway, it actually wasn't as bad as I had imagined it would be. I was thinking it would be like Twilight, but it's actually more like something mediocre you'd see on Syfy. I should have known since it had Jeremy Irons.

Basically, it's campy and unselfconscious, and some of the performances are decent (and the ones that aren't are hilariously over the top), so I'd recommend it if your theater has a bar.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was reading about Beasts a little while back. What intrigued me was how the fx were accomplished (many of them were in-camera) within the film's tight budget. I keep forgetting to check it out.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Skyfall in HD

Good movie.

There is no such thing as a bad Die Hard. And who would expect believable villains or realistic action sequences? That's not why you watch Die HArd. Just watch it for the kickass epicness. Those critics sound like knaves and fools.

Regarding Carly Rae Jespen, the commentary by the bf with a truly unappealing voice, ruined what was an already mediocre video.:mellow:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no such thing as a bad Die Hard. And who would expect believable villains or realistic action sequences? That's not why you watch Die HArd. Just watch it for the kickass epicness. Those critics sound like knaves and fools.

Did you even see the movie?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Hope it wins something, because it may be the only feature film truly deserving of accolades this year.
I really hope so too. Benh Zeitlin on the Colbert Report.

Also saw Warm Bodies, which wasn't bad, although it was predictable. Still, if you don't have an aversion to pretty people, it's worth seeing.

Celeste and Jesse Forever wasn't what I hoped it would be, but it wasn't terrible either. Good cast, but the story was off for me.