• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
You know what the best thing about watching TV in 2013 is going to be?

More Rose Leslie as Ygritte...

tumblr_m598l1Eqts1rxl6kfo2_1280.jpg

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Dexter...

G

garbage

My friends and I just watched Foodfight because.. .. just because. Holy shit.

$65 million and a decade spent. The result? Well, in the first 15 seconds of the trailer, you'll note that the main character isn't even animated in midair--very much representative of the whole movie.

Among the cast of characters is a gay bat, Mr. Clean (literally), the Hawaiian Punch kid (literally), Charlie Sheen as a detective dog, and Chris Tucker (not literally, but close).

Oh, and Christopher Lloyd.
tumblr_me321eMz201r0slpa.gif

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Citizen X, (1995) based on prolific serial killer Andrei Chikatilo.
Chikatilo's portrayed by Jeffery DeMunn, an underrated actor in a lot of Stephen King & Frank Darabont films; plays various supporting roles- as well as Dale Hovath in The Walking Dead TV series.

Well done.

KDude

Just finished The Walking Dead. I was burned out on the zombie thing long ago, but I gave it a try. This said a lot of obvious things, but never really explored in movies. A TV show format is perfect for all the extensive conflict on what direction "civilization" takes.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since I've been home for the holidays, I've been re-watching "Justified" season 2 with my parents. (I'm totally up to date, but they've been too focused on other shows to catch up.)

I'd forgotten how much I love the Bennett clan (plus Loretta) and their plotline. :wub:

On a related note: This season is reminding me how much I loved some of the smaller subplots in season 3, that this season is leading up to. My personal favorite: "These are the end times for Dewey Crowe!!"

Mole

Permabanned
Jack Reacher

I've just seen the movie, "Jack Reacher", and with a sinking feeling I realised it showed people don't solve problems, guns solve problems.

KDude

I've just seen the movie, "Jack Reacher", and with a sinking feeling I realised it showed people don't solve problems, guns solve problems.

I can't even imagine what scenario played out that got you to watch a movie like that. Some kind of social experiment maybe?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While browsing from some of Roger Ebert's reviews the other night, I stumbled upon his three-star review of Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I figured I'd take a look at it since the full movie was published illegally on YouTube.

Naturally, I didn't expect much -- I expected it to be a light-hearted Adam Sandler-produced family comedy...so of course, '80s music and plenty of crude jokes were in store.

What I got? A rather clean Adam Sandler-produced family comedy, an astonishing accomplishment, indeed! However, the film suffered one teensy-weensy problem that comedies with Adam Sandler's name attached tend to suffer: IT WASN'T FUCKING FUNNY!!!

For a family comedy, the idea had a lot of potential. Fat hypoglycemic security guard (who for some reason eats Pixy Styx instead of taking actual medication...I guess it was supposed to be some kind of joke) must take matters into his own hands when the mall is being robbed. Sounds like somewhat humorous potential, but in the end, it carries legions of fat jokes with a third act that I guess was supposed to be a Die Hard "parody" that's played totally straight. Couldn't they have just had the title character booby trap the mall and let the slapstick ensue? (Kids like that shit.) Because when you parody much better action movies and do it totally straight, all you get is a mediocre action movie.

Anyway, the film took place in New Jersey, not Chicago, and it wasn't about black people...so there are further deductions to be made as to why Roger Ebert enjoyed the movie. And I deduce that he liked it because it had a fat protagonist.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gangster Squad: A testosterone-driven Untouchables, with more than a few rip-offs of Brian DePalma's trade marks, such as slow pans and long takes (I was almost waiting for a split screen somewhere in there), plus the classic gunfights in which the good guys have perfect aim and the bad guys can't shoot shit unless there's a plot contrivance.