• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World-- soooo good!
Safety Not Guaranteed-- also very good!
Hunger Games-- LOVED IT! Now must read book.
Skyfall-- I really liked it. I don't know who these people are who thought it wasn't good. :D

Thought the last 2 were pants.
The first, oh so depressing for something billed as a rom-com. God, it was dire.
It did make me think about who I would choose to spend those final two weeks of existence with... I nearly started a thread about it and forgot. It's a very revealing thing to think about...

Nicodemus

For those Americans who aren't allergic to subtitles, some kindly soul has uploaded the current (and final) series of Forbrydelsen III (The Killing) which is awesome. (Not great quality though)
Have you seen the American version - 'The Killing'? If so, what do you think of it, also compared to the original?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you seen the American version - 'The Killing'? If so, what do you think of it, also compared to the original?
Heinous.
No comparison is possible. The American remake is unwatchable.

(Ditto the appallingly bad Sherlock remake. What do they have against non-US content anyway? Bigots!)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Been watching this long movie/"TV miniseries," again. Watched it w/my ESFP friend lifetimes ago.
It's goofy as hell but, at the same time, I would've had a blast acting in it.

Besides, can't go wrong when you've got Ed O'Neill as The Troll King, right?

bal2.jpg
relish06.jpg

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dexter season finale.

Thoughts?
[MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nightmare fuel

"An independent team of 22 animators across the world collaborate to produce AniJam, with no knowledge of what the previous animator did except for the last frame."

:shock:

& this [thx [MENTION=1592]Gish[/MENTION], for sharing this one right before I nap, hah]

:offtobed:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thoughts?

I really liked your assessment, EJCC.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
started watching Torchwood on Netflix. It's okay, not great. It had the potential to be great, but so far there is little consistency underlying character motivation. But perhaps it will finally motivate me to give Dr Who another chance.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SPN 8 (temporarily given up on). Breaking Bad <3

> Watched the first couple of episodes of SPN S8 a bit ago, but then got kinda put off by that random woman Sam appeared to have shacked up with; but, WAAY MORE than that, was mad at the way the writing totally takes Dean's side and is effectively going "BOO SAM YOU TRAITOR HOW DARE U TRY &HAVE THE QUIET FAMILY LIFE YOUVE ALWAYS WANTED" and just no

...Also: as (a)Sam's my fave character and i like him to have screen-time, and (b)i liked the focus on Sam & Dean's sibling bond &their loyalty to each other as brothers a la the earlier series, i have little patience for the whole "~Destiel~" deal (..that is, the [predominantly teenage, female] fan focus on the [imagined] romantic relationship between Dean & Castiel); aaaand it was kinda seeming like the writers were rather trying to cash in on this interest, to be honest. I'm sorry, but can you say QUEERBAITING? and that is seriously not an ok way to get an audience so i really hope they dont go any further with it

....Then again, there is Crowley, and Crowley is so utterly excellent. i will probably catch up on S8 at some point, for him, and for the fact that, even if some aspects of the show are pretty irritating, i've followed the boys this far, and dont wanna give up on them now.. :unsure:

> Marathoned Breaking Bad on Netflix a couple of weeks back. i started out like "...hmm...this is okaayyy..." and kinda worried the central premise was a bit of a gimmick
but
as it went on
OHMYACTUALGOD.

andjust. it got so intense oh my i got to just love the characters so fucking much, like there were certainly so many times where i was freaking out at choices Walt made and just like under-my-breath yelling at the screen ("NO WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY DOING WALT NO STOPITTTT WALTER WHITE YOU STOP THAT NOW") but i just grew to love him so much, like after a certain point it didn't matter how morally compromised he was i was just like "i don't care, i actually don't care, just don't get yourself killed ok Walt please ; A;"

^...and the same sentiment for Jesse except like times about a thousand because he's so fucking good-hearted and his parents never really thought he was worth much, and he was never much good at anything til he learnt to cook the blue stuff and now he can do something that other people are impressed with, that they respect him for...and then because of Jane...and then...all the other things toooo and justohmyGod poor poor Jesse <3 ; n;,~
soyeah basically i just love Jesse so much ok
and Aaron Paul is such a fucking breathtaking actor and he made me cry numerous times and i am not ashamed

....Yuh. you can probably tell i get quite into the shows i like. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really liked your assessment, EJCC.

...Also: as (a)Sam's my fave character and i like him to have screen-time, and (b)i liked the focus on Sam & Dean's sibling bond &their loyalty to each other as brothers a la the earlier series, i have little patience for the whole "~Destiel~" deal (..that is, the [predominantly teenage, female] fan focus on the [imagined] romantic relationship between Dean & Castiel); aaaand it was kinda seeming like the writers were rather trying to cash in on this interest, to be honest. I'm sorry, but can you say QUEERBAITING? and that is seriously not an ok way to get an audience so i really hope they dont go any further with it
They do that a lot, it seems like, and it pisses me off; I know that the creators didn't want to include it, but they've been far too receptive to, and hyperaware of, their own fanbase -- and that's one of the reasons why I find Supernatural so conflicting*. "The French Mistake", anyone? When a show descends that far into self-parody, you know it should have ended a long time ago.

*Well, that plus the fact that they seem to get a sick enjoyment out of torturing Sam, Dean, and Cas... especially Dean. Poor guy. I'm not enough of a sadist to enjoy seeing him suffer so much.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh:
Well, I wasn't expecting Lawful Good ladies to approve of that ending.

Dexter season finale.

(Very) Random thoughts:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Watched Aladdin for the first time in years, mostly because I wanted to hear 'A Whole New World.'

The plan is to walk behind someone having a bad day, gently caress them from behind and slowly lift their arms a la Titanic, as I melodiously sing 'A Whole New World' to soothe their soul. I'm so excite.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Officially on Season 3 of Merlin - two more to go!