• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
In order of importance:

Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead and a smattering of other stuff.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
This thread title annoys me every time I see it. "Watcha watched" would have been fine. I would go so far as to say it is offensive to those of us with a sense of aesthetic decency.

#IdLikeToMakeAComplaintPlease

mqdefault.jpg

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw Flight.

Classic Robert Zemeckis movie. I hope he never goes back to performance capture, which, contrary to popular belief, is not animation. He is best when he plays with his special fx toys in subtle ways. The plane crash sequence was mesmerizing. As is the performance by Denzel Washington. Damn, he is quite an awe-inspiring drinker!

I hope Bob Zemeckis never makes that Yellow Submarine movie. STICK TO LIVE-ACTION!!!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw Flight.

Classic Robert Zemeckis movie. I hope he never goes back to performance capture, which, contrary to popular belief, is not animation. He is best when he plays with his special fx toys in subtle ways. The plane crash sequence was mesmerizing. As is the performance by Denzel Washington. Damn, he is quite an awe-inspiring drinker!

I hope Bob Zemeckis never makes that Yellow Submarine movie. STICK TO LIVE-ACTION!!!

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Just started Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I saw Flight.

As is the performance by Denzel Washington. Damn, he is quite an awe-inspiring drinker!

I found it funny when someone told me he would, like, be sniffing crack to snap himself out of his alcohol addiction.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Went to the premiere of some horror flick called "Cut/Print." It was a load of shit. Pure shit. Worst movie I've ever seen, and I've seen some doozies.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found it funny when someone told me he would, like, be sniffing crack to snap himself out of his alcohol addiction.

I don't know about that, but he does use it to bring himself back up from his drunken state. There was a crazy close-up shot of him doing this that I really admired. I'm hoping for some articles covering the visual effects of the show, because I suspect there was invisible CGI involved in many of these shots.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen a movie with so many beer and liquor bottles in it. Flight offers up the usual profanity, a few gore shots, coke and heroin use, and gratuitous female frontal nudity, but I think the amount of alcohol shown would've landed the film its R rating on its own.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dark City (1998). Nice TK duel at the end. But I thought it was strange that the telekinetic "Strangers" preferred to use daggers instead of their vast mental powers to "off" people, not even to put them to sleep first, thus giving them a fighting chance.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World-- soooo good!
Safety Not Guaranteed-- also very good!
Hunger Games-- LOVED IT! Now must read book.
Skyfall-- I really liked it. I don't know who these people are who thought it wasn't good. :D

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On a bit of a Fassbender kick... watched Shame yesterday, and now onto A Dangerous Method or Jane Eyre. Maybe both.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
In terms of plot development?

I've just been pleasantly surprised with what both actors have brought to the respective roles.

Stuhlbarg's Rothstein reminds me more than a little bit of you.

And Stephen Root's Gaston Means has been a pleasure to watch in whatever scene he's appeared in.

A

Anew Leaf

What have you thought of Stephen Root's turn as Gaston Means:

And Michael Stuhlbarg's Arnold Rothstein:

I have a not-so-secret crush on Rothstein.

And Means' character has been a highlight of what has turned into an uneven season for me.

The Rosetti character is just ridiculous, and Nucky is completely unlikeable this season.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have a not-so-secret crush on Rothstein.

And Means' character has been a highlight of what has turned into an uneven season for me.

The Rosetti character is just ridiculous, and Nucky is completely unlikeable this season.

Some of my favorite scenes have been the conversations between Nucky and Rothstein.

Their verbal fencing is always one of the highlights of any episode it appears in.

Nicodemus

I've just been pleasantly surprised with what both actors have brought to the respective roles.

Stuhlbarg's Rothstein reminds me more than a little bit of you.

And Stephen Root's Gaston Means has been a pleasure to watch in whatever scene he's appeared in.
Stuhlbarg has been a pleasure to watch and Rothstein one of my favorites since season one. I think I would have made a good jew, too.

I enjoy Means as well. He reminds me of Jack Langrishe from 'Deadwood', an elephant light-footedly dancing through a china shop.