• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
exit-through-the-gift-shop.jpg

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw Prometheus andAbraham Lincoln vampire hunter. both were pretty good but not my usual kind of movie.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was rewatching The Long Kiss Goodnight, a superb 1996 action thriller starring Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson, back when people knew who Geena Davis was, and back when Samuel L. Jackson still played mostly supporting characters being supportive to the lighter-skinned protagonist. Feminism aside, solid and creative action sequences, a hardcore R-rating, and one bad-ass explosive finale punctuate this film directed by Renny Harlin at the prime of his career (I thought his 1995 pirate movie Cutthroat Island was an underrated swashbuckler). Everything was perfect until a pathetic typo in the end credits, where the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," played in the film, is spelled as "Santa Clause is Coming to Town."

Seriously, I could expect teenagers who have no actual taste in movies (and yet somehow still manage to be educated by them) to spell it this way because they might have seen the 1994 Tim Allen family comedy The Santa Clause when they were kids, but is the movie really memorable enough for a professional title designer to misspell a name that was only made a pun for one movie?

And why was an amusement park in New Jersey operating in the winter time?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was rewatching The Long Kiss Goodnight, a superb 1996 action thriller starring Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson, back when people knew who Geena Davis was, and back when Samuel L. Jackson still played mostly supporting characters being supportive to the lighter-skinned protagonist. Feminism aside, solid and creative action sequences, a hardcore R-rating, and one bad-ass explosive finale punctuate this film directed by Renny Harlin at the prime of his career (I thought his 1995 pirate movie Cutthroat Island was an underrated swashbuckler). Everything was perfect until a pathetic typo in the end credits, where the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," played in the film, is spelled as "Santa Clause is Coming to Town."

ARRGHHH. I hate speeling errors!

I watched MIB 3. What can I say? Childish alien creatures, childish humor. And the idea that no average citizen is aware of the MIB organization is wearing thin, especially after the jet pack scene. However, I did appreciate the bad guy, he reminded me of Tommy Chong gone nutso on PCP. The time machine scenes were excellently done. And the ending was well-executed.

I must have liked the movie because I bothered typing the characters.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
We bought Boardwalk Empire the HBO series and it's so amazing.

It is quite good.

I watched the first episode of the newsroom last night and really enjoyed it.

A good portion of critics have panned it, but as of right now it's sitting with an 8.9 audience score at metacritic.

The mirror it holds up to the media may be a little too clear for some critics comfort.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm re-watching HBO's wonderful John Adams.

[YOUTUBE="nrvpZxMfKaU"]John Adams - The Declaration of Independence[/YOUTUBE]

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally got to watch Nudist Colony of the Dead in full.

The songs were magnificent. They put Disney songs to shame.

Thank you, Cinema Snob!

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh wow.

Last Wednesday I saw The 5 Year Engagement (2012) in Soho.

Erm... I might have seen things more recent than this, like the news maybe, but this, what I saw last night on wtso.net
The Simpsons, the episode with Lady Gaga, I had not seen that episode before, but, I liked it, a lot.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm watching I Love Lucy.. far too much.

[YOUTUBE="UWhREojRixE"].[/YOUTUBE]

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Last night I watched Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.

What a disappointment. And I enjoyed the first one so much :(
I don't even know where to start, the whole movie was... :doh: And the ending... (there needs to be a tearing the hair out icon)

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just watched Can't Hardly Wait on TV. It wasn't a bad movie, but I feel like i need to watch something educational now. :doh:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feeling nostalgic, I watched Last Action Hero again, what an underrated movie. I mean, yeah, it's flawed in its execution, but you cannot deny the cleverness in its writing.