• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I watched this today. It would be an understatement to say that I recommend it...it's one of the few films I'll gush about.

Hatfields & McCoys on the History Channel. Its pretty good :)

I caught this, too. It was much better than I thought it would be.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh god, I saw this film against my better judgment. I would blame my sister, since she guilt-tripped me into going, but she ended up hating it more than I did (to the point that she wanted to walk out, but I hate doing that so we sat it out) so I think she got her fair punishment.

Anyway, this was the most hilariously terrible film I've seen in a while! I actually laughed through about 70% of it because (1) Charlize was a large ham extraordinaire, and not in a good way, (2) many, if not most, of the plot elements were illogical, (3) there were a LOT of drawn-out close-up shots of both the albino guy with the Lord Fauntleroy haircut and the dwarf with cataracts, which were very funny, (4) there were a lot of stolen homage shots from other films, making it kind of like a fantasy genre parody, and (5) the forest fairies looked like Gollum mixed with the Ferngully characters. The other 30% of the film was made up of boring scenes involving one or other character traipsing around in the woods.

In short, it was bad, but it did make me laugh. It was a true exercise in absurdity.

You're taking it way too seriously. Just enjoy the special effects!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

The special effects were not really all that dazzling. I didn't even notice, TBH, except for the troll and the ugly little Gollum fairies. I honestly did enjoy the unintentional humor, though.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

The special effects were not really all that dazzling. I didn't even notice, TBH, except for the troll and the ugly little Gollum fairies. I honestly did enjoy the unintentional humor, though.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i've been watching hbo's new series: girls.
i can't tell if i like it yet. there are some
funny bits, and some parts that feel quite
fresh. but equal parts kinda make me
twinge. is that the word? or wince? like
close one eye and shift weight onto
one butt cheek.

Nicodemus

one butt cheek.
I like that series a lot. The author - who also plays the main character - is quite witty. Type guess: INTP.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I like that series a lot. The author - who also plays the main character - is quite witty. Type guess: INTP.
one of my favourite scenes is after hannah has sex
and adam is just squishing her tummy, molding it
like play-doh. made me laugh.

i like her webshow, delusional downtown divas too. so funny.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my grandpa has no Internet and only basic cable so I had to go to Barnes and noble to get mad men. is next week the season finale??

one butt cheek.

I like it. I feel like a lot of the secondhand embarrassment is because it hits too close to home sometimes. but the sex scenes are painful to watch lol. I hated Adam at the beginning but he's growing on me. and shoshanna is hella funny.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I enjoyed the troll for many reasons.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I hated Adam at the beginning but he's growing on me. and shoshanna is hella funny.
same. i liked him after the episode where
they went to the party in bushwick and left
on a bicycle. shoshanna is soooo funny. i
loved the scene after she smoked crack.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I watched The People Vs. Larry Flynt yesterday. I really liked it - it was a pretty nuanced portrait of a man who fought for freedom of speech but was plagued by many personal flaws and sowed what he reaped, in a way.

Also, it's pretty damn uncomfortable to watch Courtney Love playing his wife, especially her slow decay... Talk about life imitating art. :(

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just watched the first teaser for Django Unchained.

Looks like it could be a good movie.

[YOUTUBE="rC8VJ9aeB_g"]Django Unchained[/YOUTUBE]

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Robert Zemeckis finally returns to his true live-action form with Flight:

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Luther, just finished season one, starting season two. I like :)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I watched Am Ende kommen Touristen yesterday. It was good, but there was a lot more they could've done with the story...