• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Mole

Permabanned
I found the film much too short.

Yes, "Carnage", did seem to peter out without a dénouement.

However I was thinking of you the other day as a watched the movie, "A Bullet for the General", because Klaus Kinski played in the film and I remembered you liked him as an actor and as a person.

I thought, "A Bullet for the General", was a great movie.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Love Amazon, hate Lovefilm.

I watched Blue Valentine and Lie with Me last night. The latter was interesting, lots of sex scenes but possibly could of been better as a silent movie.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't believe what I'm watching right now.. It's called Spork. It's like Napoleon Dynamite + Bring it On with an intersexed girl(?).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For TV, I am now into Smash -- it's awesome if you were into Glee, but it's like the "adult / professional world" rather than "high school" version, and there humor is more incorporated into the drama rather than so over the top. More realistic.

I just watched Like Crazy tonight, with Felicity Jones and Anton Yelchin. It was another one of those great movie experiences that I probably couldn't sit through again (rather like "Never Let Me Go" or "Snow Falling on Cedars") -- excellent acting, fascinating to watching, seemingly very real... but I don't think it could hold me on a second pass. the acting was strong, and I appreciated the honesty of it... there was no real wimp-out, a poor decision by the leads early on ends up impacting their lives and relationship in dire ways for the rest of the movie, and

But I was also pleased with myself for recognizing Jennifer Lawrence and Finola Hughes as soon as i saw them... I had no idea they were in this movie, and I had misgivings it was them, but when I checked... voila!

My other movie for Wild Friday Movie Night (redbox'ing it) is the remake of "The Thing." I'm not expecting much, so hopefully I'll get more than i expect!

I can't believe what I'm watching right now.. It's called Spork. It's like Napoleon Dynamite + Bring it On with an intersexed girl(?).

wth???

I had never heard of it, but there it is on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483020/

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
season 5 of how I met your mother... the man has been watching it so I keep catching bits from time to time :laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welp, The Thing prequel (2011) is a great example of how computer tech can make a movie look much prettier than the original, while still being a worse movie overall.

It wasn't dreadful, but it wasn't very interesting either. The plot was very similar (in terms of anchor points to the original) despite supposedly being a different story; the most interesting point was figuring out how they would sync up events from the original with the ending of this one, and they did.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there is one movie that I was to have mixed feelings about, it would be John Carter (of Mars). I was perplexed by this movie. It was a bit confusing at times, but I'm not entirely sure it was supposed to be. All the confusion seemed to be a result of sloppy pacing. The first act started off quite slow, the second act picked up a little bit, but the third act felt very, very rushed and anticlimactic as if the studio was pressuring the filmmakers to make it short enough, in which case, they could've cut much of the first half,

Another problem I had with the movie was the fx camerawork. In order to appease the 3D, everything was shot at a distant angle. And therefore, the world never felt alive. The alien ships looked like toys being thrown across the screen.

G

garbage

South Park. I hated the latest episode.

I don't think I'm one of "those guys" who clamours about the good ol' days, because there are a lot of later season episodes that I liked or loved (including the last season finisher).

But the first few seasons were great because it centered on how naive the kids were. That's the same reason why I liked Beavis and Butthead. That show has continued to center on naive kids, so I continue to love it.

Regardless, South Park is still one of my favorite shows even though I don't like it, but that's because I don't watch much.

There. There's some guy's opinion about a show, on the Internet.

:popc1:

KDude

I don't have HBO, but I bought the disc set for Game of Thrones. Watched it all already. The only thing bad about it is HBO seasons are short. 10 episodes :\

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the x files, season 1... we thought that it was about time to rewatch :)

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just finished Season 2 of Eastbound and Down last night, as well as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 7. Before that I went back and rewatched every episode of The Wonder Years.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I've just recently finished watching all of The League, and Rules of engagement. Re-watched the first season of Game of Thrones, and the first 3 seasons of Grounded for life.
Currently trying to catch up on Boardwalk Empire, Shameless, Eastbound and Down.
Considering starting Red Dwarf, In Treatment, Six Feet Under.
I still have to finish the fourth season of Battlestar Galactica from 2 years ago.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Game of Thrones. Ive watched the first four episodes. I didn't want to watch it until I completed book one. I'm glad I did it in that order--seeing everything come to life is amazing. And they've stuck as close to a book as I've ever seen a series.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Basically just Spartacus. My procrastination urges are inert for now.

G

Glycerine

Before that I went back and rewatched every episode of The Wonder Years.
Oh man! I DVR'd every episode a couple years back.

Watching "The Little Mom Scandal", The Walking Dead. Random documentaries and crime shows. Before that I watched all of Unstoppable High Kick.

I am debating on what cheesy Korean drama to watch next.