• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I also watched Drive, which I found dissatisfying.
And Crazy Stupid Love... Which was decent I suppose. It was a little slow but there was a little twist I didn't see coming that I was like 'woah'. Cute movie.

How did I end up with all of these Ryan Gosling films at once?

Also, Captain America was surprisingly entertaining.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Look at this trailer. There is nothing else quite like it in the world of cinema today.

Also, the shot of the Asian kid at 1:09 was pretty funny.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just watched this trailer. As someone who's usually on top of upcoming movies, why was I not made aware of this upcoming Farelly Brothers comedy? I mean I knew it was in development hell for quite a while, but I didn't know it was actually getting made.

And moreover, why do I hate the premise that I somehow think is not going to matter?

At least they got the sound effects right. And the imitations of the three no-name actors are not too bad. It might be one of those rare comedies that's actually funny.

I particularly like the last scene. I wonder if there will be a line like, "You wouldn't hit a woman with that... Use this, it's bigger."

Though I think they should've done it with Shemp instead of Curly.

And the thing that pisses me off the most is the lack of a Columbia Pictures logo. It was a wise decision to make the movie in color though, as well as to set it in modern times.

For the purist fanboys who have forgotten, the original shorts were also set in modern times (well most of them).

I'm also surprised it's not being shot in 3D, considering some of the classic shorts were.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mission: Impossible 4 in IMAX. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Brad Bird is a natural live-action action movie director. The action sequences were visually stunning and very well-choreographed. Though I was disappointed in the chick fight. Not enough blood, screaming, and hair pulling. And it also wasn't long enough and happened too early in the movie.
Why do the filmmakers have to treat women fights with kid gloves? Bunch of prudent pussies.

I also saw the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises. It was...well...a trailer. And I predict it will be every bit as average of an action movie as The Dark Knight was. On a lighter note, seeing the Pittsburgh Steelers stadium implode filled me with glee.

V

violaine

Drive. Liked it a lot. I much prefer inferred violence to explicit violence though.

The Descendents. Eh, it was ok. Wouldn't recommend it. Bit of a one trick pony that was streeeeetched. Def not for anyone who has spent any significant amount of time at a hospital with a sick loved one.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011). Hmm, I liked what they were going for. Didn't quite get there though. Opening titles could have been much more dark and bruised and better. And it's too bad they cast Daniel Craig. He's too solid and predictable in his characterization to have engaged my interest. Rooney Mara is fantastic in the film though. I'd see it again just to watch her performance. The soundtrack was disappointing. Too predictably Trent Reznor. Much preferred the Drive soundtrack. Gah, they were close to making a great movie. They needed to tease a little more out of it in some places and tighten up the pace in others to make it more impactful. They spent so much time in some places that other parts felt really rushed. I don't want to spoil it but there is a certain theme in the movie that has been so overused as the explanatory kernel for seemingly inexplicable events, that it seems the easy way out. Bleh to that.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Drive. Liked it a lot. I much prefer inferred violence to explicit violence though.

As a general rule, I'm not a fan of anything gratuitous. The explicit violence in that film, however, served a purpose. It was to demonstrate what the character was capable was of, and to contrast it with his otherwise reserved, almost meek demeanor. I think if the violence was merely inferred, it would take away from the movie.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I watched The Devils Double the other night. I am pretty sure it's based on a true story about Saddam Hussein's son (home dude is crazy) and his double. Here is the trailer if you havent seen it already:

[YOUTUBE="bmA8Pto7tWw"]The Devils Double[/YOUTUBE]

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A couple of relatively forgotten '90s action titles on YouTube: Ricochet and Judgment Night. The villains, played by John Lithgow and Denis Leary, respectively, are a lot of fun to watch.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I decided to dive in and watch Doctor Who on Netflix. I'm plowing through it pretty quickly--already halfway through the second season! I should have taken the plunge ages ago.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I watched No Strings Attached I thought it was cute and one of those movies you use no brain power to watch

and I also watched Benny & Joon awesome movie, I absolutley adored Johnny Depp's character, Sam but I always enjoy Johnny Depp

kitsune

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
I just saw the latest Sherlock Holmes movie. I enjoyed it. It was fast-paced and funny. Plus the chemistry between Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law is amazing. They are not like how I imagined Holmes and Watson would be but maybe improved over the originals!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Red Tails. It was basically a TV movie on a large screen.

And I don't think George Lucas has seen a war movie since 1950.

That said, the dogfights were pretty cool to watch, because lord knows the story was naive and unbelievably optimistic and (surprise, surprise) generally not very good. Of course, our old friend George didn't do any credited writing, and he didn't direct, for that matter...but we know damn well that he did reshoots and rewrites, but at least I didn't recall an "I have a bad feeling about this" line.

Sigil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I watched The Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind last night. Excellent film, a pity more romantic movies don't try to break the mould.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What Movie Or TV Show Are You Watching?

What are you watching right now or in the last 24 hours. How good is it?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched Tron last night on the new Panasonic 3D TV. It was pretty awesome.