• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

G

Ginkgo

Seven+Samurai.jpg

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I just watched the black swan. It's as disturbing as requiem for a dream.:shock: I don't know what's up with that director, all the time there's some grose thing coming out of the characters in his movies.

N

NPcomplete

I finally caved in and watched "500 days of summer". Tom reminds me of so many people I know. *siiiigh*

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I saw Immortal Beloved a couple of days ago, and I recommend it, it's a great film about Beethoven's life, played by Gary Oldman.

sleepy

Black Swan - Loved the schizophrenic touch. Slightly sprinkled with mainstream elements, kinda meh to that. The ambiguity should not have been spoiled, should have left that open. So a slight David Lynch touch and it would have been perfect. Still it managed to get under my skin, so yes, great. Well done.

Mole

Permabanned
The King's Speech

I saw, "The King's Speech", last night. It's a lovely movie as well as being a true story. And of the two main characters, one is an Australian. It's interesting to see an Australian represented so well on screen. And actually he was a real live character who tutored the King right through WW II. I enjoyed the movie.

Ingrid in grids

I saw, "The King's Speech", last night. It's a lovely movie as well as being a true story. And of the two main characters, one is an Australian. It's interesting to see an Australian represented so well on screen. And actually he was a real live character who tutored the King right through WW II. I enjoyed the movie.

Saw this yesterday. Colin Firth and Rush were SPECTACULAR! Highly recommend.
The-Kings-Speech-Movie-Poster.jpg

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
We're into woody Allen now. We've seen hannah and her sisters, husbands and wives, and crimes and misdemeanors. I loved the last two.

Mole

Permabanned
Falling in love with Hypatica

I'm in love. I'm in love with Hypatica, forever and hopelessly in love.

And how could I possibly resist Hypatica the philosopher and librarian of the Library of Alexandria.

When the Christians burnt the Library of Alexandria and killed Hypatica, dragging her mutilated body through the streets of Alexandria, we lost an immensurable store of knowledge, even that the Earth goes round the Sun, as well as one of the great and wonderful women of philosophy.

The Christians plunged us back into the dark and we had to wait for the Enlightenment, one thousand seven hundred years later. I am surprised the Christians dare show their faces.

So go and see the movie, "Agora". Fall in love with Hypatica and mourn the loss of the Library of Alexandria and the loss of our adorable Hypatia.

Mole

Permabanned
Catharsis and the Dying Swan

The movie, "The Black Swan", is the story of a girl becoming a women. However it is told from the emotional point of view. So what we see on the screen is not meant to be taken literally but to be taken emotionally.

I was surprised how many took the details of the story literally. And they missed that this is a coming of age story that is common to all of us. We all experience the sturm und drang of growing up, of leaving our parents and finding romantic love and success or failure in work.

Yes, "The Black Swan", expressed perfectly the emotions associated with coming of age. In fact the movie was so good emotionally I would call it cathartic.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Green Zone.
It was ok.
Americans killing each other in a war zone. Not the most original plotline.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Saturday: Inception. Sunday: Bitter Moon. Fun weekend. Lots of bats#it crazy women.

Inception was pretty awesome, but I don't know if I felt emotionally involved enough. Maybe I just kind of dislike movies with criminals as protagonists. :shrug: However, I'm officially in love with Joseph Gordon-Levitt's waistcoat.:)

BM is one of those films that becomes even creepier once you hear about Roman Polanski's... tribulations. It also involves Peter Coyote getting turned on by a woman peeing on his face. As an exploration of a severely unhealthy relationship, pretty damn awesome. As an exploration of Polanki's mind, eeeewwwww!

Yeah, I guess I'm kind of a prude...