• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Right At Your Door.

Great twist at the end, but the plot as a whole didn't meet its metaphorical potential.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
{Go ahead and give us a short review of what you just watched} - MacG

so their's been what are you listening to and waht are you reading threads so I'm suprised that their hasn't been one of these so it can be movies or tv or whatever.

So I'm fixing to watch "Reaper" (2007)

and watching right now the Tarheel game.

watching 'i think i love my wife' on tbs station. blackness, black actors involved in american way of life interpreted through the eyes of white people with the motivation of blacks. lots of high rises, buses, and ear phones with the intrigue of stale relationships, interspered with witty monologue delivered in flat tones by an attractive aka sexy black guy who feels he must deliver to all skin tones. :cheese:

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
watching 'i think i love my wife' on tbs station. blackness, black actors involved in american way of life interpreted through the eyes of white people with the motivation of blacks. lots of high rises, buses, and ear phones with the intrigue of stale relationships, interspered with witty monologue delivered in flat tones by an attractive aka sexy black guy who feels he must deliver to all skin tones. :cheese:

this must be a movie :cheese: thought it was 1/2 hour program

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Shutter Island was incredible. I did not have high hopes for it in the least. But it turned out to be the most delightful psychological thriller I’ve seen in years. The twist was impressively unexpected and completely endeared me to the movie.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I just watched The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. I don't think it was a particularly well-made movie, but it was still really upsetting.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Downfall

As someone that watches a lot of war movies, this has landed in the upper echelon of the genre. This German movie presents, without cinematic error, the end of the Third Reich from the POV of Hitler’s inner circle. It is a truly breathtaking film!

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I saw "Like Stars on Earth" last night. I bawled and bawled. For me, if I cried, it was a good film.

Mole

Permabanned
The French Film Festival at Manuka

I've just been to the French Film Festival at Manuka. And now I know what I want to be when I grow up - French.

For the French have not only perfected Latin but they have perfected the sense of humour.

Now all we have to do is retake Calais and all will be right with the world.

Mole

Permabanned
Lame

I've just seen, "Clash of the Titans", at Manuka.

It is a literal interpretation of Ancient Greek myth.

So during the movie I wondered what is a literal interpretation.

And a literal interpretation is contrasted with a metaphorical interpretation.

And a metaphorical interpretation is a comparison of relationships. So necessarily a metaphor stands on two relationships. Or we might say a metaphor stands on two legs, while literalism stands on one leg.

And so literalism is literally lame.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
12 Angry Men

We watched this last night. My boyfriend swore up and down it was the greatest film ever, but I think what it would make is a great play. Because the movie takes place in one room the entire film, what really shines is the talent of the actors and the argumentative brilliance of the script.

---

An Education

This movie bothered me on a deep level until the end. It was too uncomfortable watching someone go through the motions of being young and naive (not to mention lacking all appreciation and understanding of the value of money, hard work, life). The end gave me the huge sigh of relief I never expected. I thought she’d hang herself.

Good movie. 94% fresh? No, but worthy of its place on our bookmovieshelf.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I've just watched "Death Proof". The first 40 minutes I was like: "Why the fuck am I watching this movie?" The beginning was so boring. Nothing happened! Well, anyway, after 40 minutes the story gets better and the ending was awesome! I especially liked the music in it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Vertigo

My boyfriend is obsessed with what he calls “classic whodunits”. Last night we bought and viewed Vertigo, which had been long-awaited.

Amazing. During the movie I recall him saying “It’s good but I don’t see how it got 9th greatest film of all time (according to the American Film Institute),” but soon thereafter we discovered why!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Up In The Air was well made and well acted, but the end disappointed me... I like happy endings :blush:

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i watched the film "Once"

about some hipster musician whos hustlin on the streets playing his acoustic guitar and meets some chick.
its a bunch of BS.
theres 2 cute parts that last all but 5 minutes total and the rest of the film is completley filler. its like an indie music film, but they use the same song for about half of the film and the rest of the music is pretty subpar.
ironic, i think ill only watch "once" once.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Alfred Hitchcock's "Rope".

It explored the concept of Nietzsche's "übermensch".

Fascinating debate!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Alfred Hitchcock's "Rebecca".

As Rebecca is of my favorite books, I was hesitant to watch the film. It turned out to be a masterpiece wrought with talent.