• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Starting the Xmas season, I'm watching Scrooged, my favorite Xmas Carol adaptation.

G

Ginkgo

Thanking [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] for suggesting There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men.

IMO The former was the more provoking of the two, but "Sigur" was an awesome character nevertheless. I can understand why [MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION] made the comparison.

Color me entertained.

Nicodemus

Thanking [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] for suggesting There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men.

IMO The former was the more provoking of the two, but "Sigur" was an awesome character nevertheless. I can understand why [MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION] made the comparison.

Color me entertained.

Now you have to see Zodiac, to complete the Great Three of 2007.

G

Ginkgo

Now you have to see Zodiac, to complete the Great Three of 2007.

Seen that one, but good eye. Just another example of why Robert Downey Jr. seems to only play ENTP characters.

I also watched Star Trek: Into Darkness recently. Very well executed, but a couple of the plot devices near the end were too corny for me. Maybe a Treky would find them more palatable.

If you haven't seen it, I'd also recommend The Departed. That movie pulls no punches.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seen that one, but good eye. Just another example of why Robert Downey Jr. seems to only play ENTP characters.

I also watched Star Trek: Into Darkness recently. Very well executed, but a couple of the plot devices near the end were too corny for me. Maybe a Treky would find them more palatable.

If you haven't seen it, I'd also recommend The Departed. That movie pulls no punches.

Ugh. Everything in Star Trek Into Darkness was well-executed except for the story. And dammit, that was a pretty fucking big problem with this movie. I cannot remember when or if I literally was pissed off by a story.

The Departed was good, but I don't think it's the movie Scorsese should've one his long-awaited Oscar for -- he should've gotten them for Goodfellas, The Aviator, and Hugo. But not Gangs of New York, that movie was boring as fuck.

93JC

I was invited to an advanced screening (it doesn't open until Friday here) of Dallas Buyers Club. The acting was absolutely superb, and the physical transformations that Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto underwent to realize their roles was just... crazy. I can only imagine what they went through, and there's no way I could ever rationalize becoming that gaunt for a movie role to myself.

The story is compelling yet I feel that it's all sort of... "TV movie"-ish. Not to say it wasn't expertly done, but the way it just happened to be put together felt more like a series of events than a story. That's the danger of any adaptation of a "true story" I guess, I felt the same way about Rush (the movie that came out earlier this year about F1 racers James Hunt and Niki Lauda).

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Captain Phillips and The Butler. I liked both. Informative to me.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ugh. Everything in Star Trek Into Darkness was well-executed except for the story. And dammit, that was a pretty fucking big problem with this movie. I cannot remember when or if I literally was pissed off by a story.

The Departed was good, but I don't think it's the movie Scorsese should've one his long-awaited Oscar for -- he should've gotten them for Goodfellas, The Aviator, and Hugo. But not Gangs of New York, that movie was boring as fuck.

What happened to Vger, they cut Vger out the damn story too. Bastards.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did I actually say one when I meant to say won? :shock: I totally deserve to die. I don't know if I should hang myself, drown myself, cut my wrists or throat, or burn myself alive.