User Tag List

Page 91 of 265 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI
    IsFJ

The Secret in Their Eyes (El secreto de sus ojos). Powerful. Passionate. Moving. Would recommend.

The Eighth Colour Array Octarine's Avatar
    MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

The Top Gear Armageddon special.

I believe they have invented the craziest form of racing ever - head to head with another, only the cars are radio controlled and you have to sit in the opponents car. I'm not sure whether it is genius or insanity.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

The Good Wife season premiere. Super crushin' on Will.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The two most recent films I saw in the theatre were the new Jane Eyre, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. (I don't think the latter is out in North America until November or so).

Both fantastic, actually two of the best new films I've seen in ages (although I miss a lot of films as there isn't that much I find interesting). Jane Eyre couldn't have been more perfectly cast, especially Mia Wasikowska as Jane. (I adored Michael Fassbender as Rochester, but he definitely made Rochester a little nicer than in the book!!). Also beautifully filmed. Really moving.

I love John Le Carre and Tinker Tailor was brilliant. Incredible British cast including Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Benedict Cumberbatch, John Hurt, Tom Hardy, etc. The 70s atmosphere was spot on and you certainly felt the bleakness and paranoia oozing off the screen. There were long stretches where the majority of the action was psychological (watching what's happening behind their eyes) and then there would be a quick and brutal act of violence; it was almost too real - you get the impression that spy work is a lot of psychological pressure, having to watch your colleagues/friends in case they're with the enemy too, and just very occasionally something really awful happening.

Also watching the fourth season of The Big Bang Theory as I just got the DVDs and hadn't seen it on TV. Very funny as usual.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

The old sherlock holmes series from the 80s, with Jeremy Brett. I've seen the movies, but not all of the series.

He's the best Holmes there is.

That said, sometimes I turn it on and fall asleep. It's got a nice sedating quality to it, kind of like MASH or that beeping noise you hear in the background on old Star Trek episodes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The old sherlock holmes series from the 80s, with Jeremy Brett. I've seen the movies, but not all of the series.

He's the best Holmes there is.

That said, sometimes I turn it on and fall asleep. It's got a nice sedating quality to it, kind of like MASH or that beeping noise you hear in the background on old Star Trek episodes.
    He is indeed the best Holmes there is. I was somewhat in love with him/Holmes in my teens. I cried for days when he died (I was 15).

Benedict Cumberbatch, who is the Holmes in the new "modern" series on the BBC, is brilliant, and probably my second favourite at this stage; but I don't see there ever being someone quite like JB. (Holmes as ENTP, I'd say.)

I never found it "sedating" but I think it could have that effect on me in a way because it's a comforting familiar thing from my younger years.

The ones from the 80s and some of the early 90s ones were superb (and both David Burke and Edward Hardwicke were wonderful Watsons - I was very sad when Hardwicke died recently.) They should perhaps have quit when the going was good though, as some of the mid-90s ones (not long before he died) were kind of weird for what they did with the stories, and also JB looked very ill and his acting got vaguer and unhappier.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Yeah, I thought he looked ill too.. Although, it kind of adds to Holmes' eccentricity and self-destructive behavior.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yeah, I thought he looked ill too.. Although, it kind of adds to Holmes' eccentricity and self-destructive behavior.
    True. I thought the eccentricity got out of control in some of those later episodes. It's been a long time since I watched most of them though. I think I might find it a bit painful and emotional as he died not that much later.

Some of my fav episodes were The Red-Headed League, The Blue Carbuncle, The Empty House, The Sign of Four, The Second Stain, The Six Napoleons, The Devil's Foot. To name but a few!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP

Last night I watched Bull Durham. The reason I watched Bull Durham is that I wanted to see a really highly acclaimed film about baseball. The movie was disappointing. It is a sports comedy, but I think I only managed to laugh a few times. The entire movie could have ended after Kevin Costner gave a list of things he believed in about 1/3rd of the way through the film. Nothing funny happened after that.

I wish I had never watched it. Waste of time

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

A movie about INTJs:

A cinematic masterpiece from the director of Battlefield Earth.