User Tag List

Page 87 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

The Lincoln Lawyer - good movie. Usually I'm not too into law-related things, but the cast did help, and the plot did keep my attention. I'd like to say Matthew Mchaunashirtless wasn't shirtless this time, but some things cannot change.
    Franklyn - interesting movie. I enjoyed the cinematography. The plot was interesting, diving back and forth between a real london and an alternate reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I saw Harry Potter. In glorious, fantastic 2D. Was it really necessary to divide this movie into two parts? I mean, of what I recall from the last movie, it was mostly an overlong camping trip, a romantic love triangle drama of some sort, and a CG-enhanced Hermione that looked half naked. Some of this stuff could've been cut to make one whole film.
    The book was very much like that, actually. I think condensing that too much would have been bad. Even 7-2 felt a bit rushed to me because they still had to cover so much ground and different viewpoints despite separating it into two movies.

lol Talk to me when you suffer through the Twilight movies- then wonder why they had to split the fourth into two movies.. let alone why they had to make more than one movie at all
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Cowboys & Aliens, what a letdown. The vfx weren't even that good (except for the interior of the spaceship, which seemed a bit like the Crysis spaceship, but it was still pretty cool), but at least it had good chemistry between Craig and Ford. And it wasn't in 3D, so Jon Favreau at least kept some of his self-respect as an artist intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    The book was very much like that, actually. I think condensing that too much would have been bad. Even 7-2 felt a bit rushed to me because they still had to cover so much ground and different viewpoints despite separating it into two movies.

lol Talk to me when you suffer through the Twilight movies- then wonder why they had to split the fourth into two movies.. let alone why they had to make more than one movie at all
    I saw the first Twilight movie after I heard it was a big hit, so I figured it would be a vfx extravaganza with a broad appeal. But instead, it appealed to broads. I viewed it and thought, "There are too many teenage girls in this world." I can't believe that turd became such a voice of a generation.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I enjoyed it to my surprise and loved how Draco Malfoy got the "Damn dirty apes" line. Unfortunately, I wish I could say the same for the CG apes, although Andy Serkis' mocap performance was phenomenal, as usual. Still, I stand by what I said that the apes looked almost as bad as the monkeys in Jumanji. But the movie was overall very good.

blackadder goes forth. war was such a great idea for setting...solid misery and so many death jokes! <3 i'm hooked on british comedy all over again, gonna watch 'allo 'allo now.

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Mars Needs Moms - I just downloaded this for something decent to watch, but it was a lot better than I'd expected. The characters are likable, the plot isn't as light and airy as I thought it may be, and the animation is well done- especially since they used sensor-equipped suits for it. I'd recommend it
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I saw the first Twilight movie after I heard it was a big hit, so I figured it would be a vfx extravaganza with a broad appeal. But instead, it appealed to broads. I viewed it and thought, "There are too many teenage girls in this world." I can't believe that turd became such a voice of a generation.
    Agreed. The filming has gotten better with the other 2 they made, but the plot is just so god-awful. I love the trailers because they show all of the 60seconds of action there is throughout the entirety of each movie.
    I'm very tempted to go to a midnight showing of the very last one and just laugh at the parts I'd normally find humorous.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Mars Needs Moms - I just downloaded this for something decent to watch, but it was a lot better than I'd expected. The characters are likable, the plot isn't as light and airy as I thought it may be, and the animation is well done- especially since they used sensor-equipped suits for it. I'd recommend it
    Were the characters as zombie-like as any of those other performance capture films with Robert Zemeckis' name on it? I wanted to see this too, but I never got a chance to. I always thought this would be more like Monster House than The Polar Express, Beowulf, or A Christmas Carol. The last one wasn't quite as bad from an animation standpoint because it didn't try to look real, but how many Christmas Carol movies do they need? (The only one I really liked was Scrooged.)

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Rise of the Planet of the Apes remake.
    Not good.

Super 8.
    There aren't enough words in the english language to convey how bad that movie is. Just... Wow.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Super 8.
    There aren't enough words in the english language to convey how bad that movie is. Just... Wow.
    I hated the fathers; they rest was surprisingly okay.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I hated the fathers; they rest was surprisingly okay.
    I hated the ending.

And I wanted the fat kid to die.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I hated the ending.

And I wanted the fat kid to die.

What about the fathers? They were mere plot devices without any character to speak of.