User Tag List

Page 74 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI
    ENTP

Johnny Got His Gun (1971)

MBTI
    IsFJ

Watched Black Swan last night. WHOA.

(Is it just me, or does Vincent Cassel's accent remind anyone of Tommy Wiseau?)

Robin Hood (Ridley Scott version). I don't know what to say about it. It was a well done movie, yet not at all what I wanted. It wasn't a story of a rogue fighting injustice, but a war epic about England fighting the evil French. The best part might be the cinematography though.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Robin Hood (Ridley Scott version). I don't know what to say about it. It was a well done movie, yet not at all what I wanted. It wasn't a story of a rogue fighting injustice, but a war epic about England fighting the evil French. The best part might be the cinematography though.
    It had a very poor plot IMO. Errol Flynn's version remains the best, and closest to the original stories as I can tell - or what we commonly refer to as the original stories(ie the late Victorian version).

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    It had a very poor plot IMO. Errol Flynn's version remains the best, and closest to the original stories as I can tell - or what we commonly refer to as the original stories(ie the late Victorian version).
    I agree.. I've heard good things about the Hepburn/Connery version too, but I haven't seen it. I'm going to track it down..

Runaways.. kind of overglorifying the rock n roll schitck (how many times have I seen this now?), but it's Joan Jett. What the hell else could it be? That said, Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart were really great in it. Especially Stewart..

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Recently watched:

Black Swan. Decent film, but don't expect much as far as plot goes. It's typical Darren Aronofsky. Artsy filming, but lacking in plot. Natalie Portman did a great job acting though.

The King's Speech - Loved it. Good drama, and quite amusing at times.

The Green Hornet - sucked. All the funny scenes were in the trailer, the rest of the movie was pretty lame. And Im pretty bored of Seth Rogen doing the same thing Seth Rogen does in every movie.

No Strings Attached - Predictable, but very funny for the first hour. When it started getting sappy near the end I lost interest.

Sanctum - It's barely a step above being a documentary. But I like documentaries so... Visually, it's cool. The acting is weak, the plot is weak.

127 Hours - Loved it. Highly recommend.

Due Date - Dumb.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Watched Black Swan last night. WHOA.

(Is it just me, or does Vincent Cassel's accent remind anyone of Tommy Wiseau?)
    I said the same thing to the person sitting next to me when he started talking!
    I did naht hit her. I DEED NAHHT.

I thought Black Swan was decent. I have a thing about fingernails though so..

MBTI
    INFP

Inception.

Loved it! People said the end was weird/confusing and warned me that I wouldn't like that part, but it totally made the movie!

Thirteen (2003) and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

they're about teenagers. i thought thirteen was a better movie, but the beginning and ending of All the Boys Love Mandy i liked most.

in both movies, they have a "questionable" girl. it was not a black and white movie. i thought the movies.. were tragic.
    Last edited by Lien; 02-22-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    that fate will balance the scales of history.. is all that i desire..

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father It's a documentary. Very good, but also very sad. I recommend it, but if you're anything like me you'll end up crying and feeling some what angry at the Canadian Justice system.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152758/

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/De...?trkid=2361637 if you have netflix it's up til the 24th.
    by @magpie