• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The last thing I watched was 19 kids and counting. ><

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Saw Dredd in 2D. It was...interesting. A lot of stunning imagery. But I was disappointed in the simplicity

Which brings me to whether I liked the 1995 film with Stallone or this one. It's impossible to tell. You can't really compare them. Both were "good" in their own right. Where Judge Dredd was good in a fun, campy, guilty pleasure way, Dredd was good in an artsy way. Although one thing that underwhelmed me about Dredd was the ultra-violence and how many of the more gory scenes are obscured. (I wanted to see more scenes (not to mention more shots) of people getting skinned alive, for example.) Then again, I have yet to see a movie with the degree of violence and gore to please my appetite. Oh well...

Mole

Permabanned
Galatea as Ruby Sparks and Pygmalion as Calvin

I have just watched the reincarnation of Pygmalion and Galatea as Calvin and Ruby in the movie just out called, "Ruby Sparks".

Yes, three thousand years ago Pygmalion created a statue of such beauty that he fell in love with it. And feeling the love, the statue called Galatea came to life and Pygmalion and Galatea married.

And three thousand years later Pygmalion in the guise of Calvin created Ruby, not as a statue but in print on a typewriter. And Galatea in the guise of Ruby Sparks came to life and they fell in love.

Pygmalion came from a spoken culture and so created Galatea by hand; whereas Calvin came from a literate culture and so created Ruby Sparks in print on a typewriter.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

weird, i actually just came in this thread to post about this movie and recommend that nobody watch it unless they have a delicious plate of sushi in front of them because otherwise it is TORTURE. i had sushi cravings all the next day and i finally got some but it just wasn't enough anymore :puppy_dog_eyes:

proceed with caution, people.

edit: oh my god i'm a masochist and just watched those videos again and life is not fair

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
weird, i actually just came in this thread to post about this movie and recommend that nobody watch it unless they have a delicious plate of sushi in front of them because otherwise it is TORTURE. i had sushi cravings all the next day and i finally got some but it just wasn't enough anymore :puppy_dog_eyes:

proceed with caution, people.

edit: oh my god i'm a masochist and just watched those videos again and life is not fair

If you like sushi, it can be boner inducing (girl boners included).

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jiro Dreams of Sushi vid

Saw this not too long ago, and found it to be inspiring. Rest of my thoughts were dedicated to what exactly this sushi must taste like, and if there's any way in hell this guy's shop isnt basically booked until he dies so I can actually try some.

Meanwhile, the last movie I watched that was worth recommending was The Tall Man. For whatever reason, the last couple of movies I've watched starring Jessica Biel (which include the absolutely darling Easy Virtue) have been thoroughly enjoyable.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holy poop, i stumbled upon this vid, it's pretty gruesome...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9

Just rewatched this for the first time in over a decade and HOLY SHIT it blew my hair back.

The perfect end to Kubrick's incredible carrier.

I'm speechless. A towering accomplishment.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Muriel's Wedding.

I saw it after two people on the forums mentioned it and it was kind of a terrible experience, lol.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Indiana Jones quadrilogy on blu-ray. Man, the picture quality is superb. The fakeness of those matte paintings just leaps out at you. It's just unreal.

Jaguar

I Am Bruce Lee

It's on the Spike TV Network right now. Excellent documentary of his life, with interviews.