User Tag List

Page 72 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI
    INFP

Jeremiah Johnson, Hannah and Her Sisters.

Liked 'em both.

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I saw, "The King's Speech", last night. It's a lovely movie as well as being a true story. And of the two main characters, one is an Australian. It's interesting to see an Australian represented so well on screen. And actually he was a real live character who tutored the King right through WW II. I enjoyed the movie.
    Saw this yesterday. Colin Firth and Rush were SPECTACULAR! Highly recommend.

MBTI
    INFP

We're into woody Allen now. We've seen hannah and her sisters, husbands and wives, and crimes and misdemeanors. I loved the last two.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile Falling in love with Hypatica

I'm in love. I'm in love with Hypatica, forever and hopelessly in love.

And how could I possibly resist Hypatica the philosopher and librarian of the Library of Alexandria.

When the Christians burnt the Library of Alexandria and killed Hypatica, dragging her mutilated body through the streets of Alexandria, we lost an immensurable store of knowledge, even that the Earth goes round the Sun, as well as one of the great and wonderful women of philosophy.

The Christians plunged us back into the dark and we had to wait for the Enlightenment, one thousand seven hundred years later. I am surprised the Christians dare show their faces.

So go and see the movie, "Agora". Fall in love with Hypatica and mourn the loss of the Library of Alexandria and the loss of our adorable Hypatia.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile Catharsis and the Dying Swan

The movie, "The Black Swan", is the story of a girl becoming a women. However it is told from the emotional point of view. So what we see on the screen is not meant to be taken literally but to be taken emotionally.

I was surprised how many took the details of the story literally. And they missed that this is a coming of age story that is common to all of us. We all experience the sturm und drang of growing up, of leaving our parents and finding romantic love and success or failure in work.

Yes, "The Black Swan", expressed perfectly the emotions associated with coming of age. In fact the movie was so good emotionally I would call it cathartic.

It is also a film about perfectionism and, if you will, about method acting.

MBTI
    ENTP

It appears to be the opposite of Fight Club. Or a Fight Club for girls...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Green Zone.
    It was ok.
    Americans killing each other in a war zone. Not the most original plotline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Saturday: Inception. Sunday: Bitter Moon. Fun weekend. Lots of bats#it crazy women.

Inception was pretty awesome, but I don't know if I felt emotionally involved enough. Maybe I just kind of dislike movies with criminals as protagonists. However, I'm officially in love with Joseph Gordon-Levitt's waistcoat.

BM is one of those films that becomes even creepier once you hear about Roman Polanski's... tribulations. It also involves Peter Coyote getting turned on by a woman peeing on his face. As an exploration of a severely unhealthy relationship, pretty damn awesome. As an exploration of Polanki's mind, eeeewwwww!

Yeah, I guess I'm kind of a prude...