User Tag List

Page 68 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Let Me In
    The American remake of the Swedish film from a couple of years ago (which I still have not seen due to the fuckups in the subtitles on the DVD). The setting's been moved Los Alamos, but it's still the early eighties and looks it thanks to some spot-on costuming and sets. Usually American remakes suck ass, but this one appears to be very well done. Some have claimed it's even better than the original, but I will leave that judgment to someone that's seen both. Very bloody at times, and both young leads are excellent in their roles. Suspenseful and violent and affecting.
    Highly Recommended.

The Social Network
    How do you make a entertaining movie about facebook where the narrative consists of flashbacks centered around lawsuit depositions? Get Aaron Sorkin to write the script, David Fincher to direct, and throw in a little Timberlake! Far more interesting than I'd have ever thought, and I loved the Sorkin rapid fire dialogue throughout (sometimes you couldn't laugh because the next line was already being said). No one is really the bad guy, they're all just following their nature. You understand why they do what they do, even if they don't. Accidental billionaires indeed. All the leads were great, even Timberlake as the the Napster inventor/douche.
    Highly Recommended.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile Perfectly Italian, a Ruby Red Grapefruit

I'm just back from the Italian Film Festival at Manuka. And I walked back in the cool Spring evening after buying a Ruby Red Grapefruit for a bitter sweet taste after a bitter sweet movie.

It was a beautifully made movie about infidelity. It was totally believable and thank heavens without a happy ending. I get enough of those in American movies. No, it had a bitter sweet ending, with the emphasis on bitter. Yet it did not lead me to moralise on adultery as I am prone to do. Neither did it lead me to think anything goes. It had perfect pitch and good taste. It was perfectly Italian.

A ruby red grapefruit in short.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Currently the third episode of HBO's new series Boardwalk Empire.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979432/
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Smile The Town

I've just seen the movie, "The Town".

It reminded me of, "The Shire", in Sydney and a similar family of bank robbers in real life. And interestingly we made a movie of about this same family of bank robbers.

But overall I am left with the impression of how important it is to choose a good social environment for oneself.

And our movie had a more realistic ending as the family came to a bad end, but still we were left wondering, while the American movie had to have a happy ending, no matter how phoney it was.

MBTI
    INFP

I saw The Social Network. Perfectly directed. Perfect cast. Great story.

Before I saw it, I thought JT was going to play Zuckerberg and Eisenberg Parker. They kind of look like each other. But it was the other way around, and Eisenberg knocked it out of the park with his acting.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

The Social Network
    Watch it. I liked enjoyed loved this film. Will buy the DVD too.

Machete
    I laughed. Action, over the top humor - enjoyable.

Smile Let me in.

Tonight I didn't see, "Let me in". It had a very good write up in the paper and it's in my favourite theatre. At first I thought I didn't go because it was a vampire movie, but it was because I was thinking. I was thinking how nice it is when the inside coincides with the outside. Or that we enjoy what we do. Then I thought I knew many who didn't enjoy their work and did it to survive rather than thrive. And mulling over this I decided I wanted to keep mulling and avoid the movie.

And as usual, I had to tell you about it.

Exclamation Where will it all end?

I don't know what's wrong with me. Tonight I had the opportunity to see two romantic comedies at the movies, and one of them Australian, but I didn't go to see either.

This is the third movie in a row I haven't seen.

It's a bit like me and reading. First I gave up reading fiction, then I gave up reading biographies, then I gave up reading altogether.

What, I ask you dear reader, if I started giving up romantic comedies, where would it all end?

In the grave.

Please name your favorite films, Victor.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

The Fall-amazing movie, and the little girl is so cute. very visually striking, I found my self close to crying a few times though.excellent story, and excellent cimatography. worth checking out.
    by @magpie