User Tag List

Page 66 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm watching lost in translation, I think its a very under stated work of genius, everything about it, not just the acting and plot but the camera work, its also about so many different things all at once.

Somehow I think its about confounded expectations, the loneliness of some peoples lives and getting older too, as a result its also perfectly cast too. The people involved are successful, married, prosperous, they arent alone but in another way they are very much alone.
    The first time I saw Lost In Translation I couldn't understand what's so great about this movie because I almost fell asleep. After a while I watched it again and was surprised by how much it reminded me of what I'd been through. I actually felt loneliness and misery of Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson). I think I've already watched Lost In Translation four times but I'd watch it again and again.

Hable con ella aka Talk To Her. It's probably the greatest film I saw this summer. It tells a story of two unlucky men who accidentally become close friends and share their life stories. Obviously, it's women who play the main roles in their lives. I like the soft atmosphere, the Spanish music, the dances, the spirit of black and white movies more than the plot itself. I highly recommend Hable con ella to everyone who's tired of Hollywood.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. The legendary film by Milos Forman. The story's about a guy who goes to a mental institution insted of prison. He's eager to make a change in those who are publically regarded as crazy by putting himself in danger. Although it's a great film, the original book by Ken Kesey is way better. It gives more details and explains everything clearly, therefore it's more convincing than the film.

Un long dimanche de fiançailles aka A Very Long Engagement. A simply beautiful French film with Audrey Tatou in the leading role. The story takes place in France during the period of the First World War. A girl is informed that her lover had died in the no-man's land but she doesn't believe it and puts her effort to find him. Un long dimanche de fiançailles is another masterpiece of Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the director of Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain aka Amélie, which has been my favourite film for years.

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I'm hooked on Life (the BBC series). I just watched number 5 - "Birds".

IT'S BLOWING MY MIND!

My favourite was the part on the Vogelkop Bowerbird.

Here's some pictures of what these aesthetic little guys come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Source: Wikipedia
    The bower is a cone-shaped hut-like structure some 100 cm high and 160 cm in diameter, with an entrance usually propped up by two column-like sticks. A front "lawn" of some square meters area is cleaned of debris and laid out with moss. On this, and in the entrance of the bower, decorations such as colourful flowers or fruit, shining beetle elytra, dead leaves and other conspicuous objects are collected and artistically arranged.
    Males go to great lengths to ensure that their displays are in prime condition, replacing old items as needed, as well as trying to outdo their neighbours by finding more spectacular decorations, and arranging them appropriately. As opposed to other species of bowerbirds, such as the Satin Bowerbird, there is no fixed preference for items of a certain colour, more important being the "novelty value" of the items instead, which can lead to fashion-like trends if males find rare or unusual items; such rare finds are prime targets for theft by neighboring males. Females visit bowers and, depending on whether they like the "treasure trove" on display, will mate with the attendant males. The bower, indeed the male, play no part in nesting and raising the young.
    Likes N/A liked this post

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Now that I think about it, it reminds me of some kind of Austin Powers shag pad.

Likes N/A liked this post

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

[YOUTUBE="F_7b3kzWzg8"]Unthinkable[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="S3XzUYd6nrU"]Inception[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="UHl-6uH8MUQ"]Charlie Wilson's War[/YOUTUBE]
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by vilijaba View Post
    The first time I saw Lost In Translation I couldn't understand what's so great about this movie because I almost fell asleep. After a while I watched it again and was surprised by how much it reminded me of what I'd been through. I actually felt loneliness and misery of Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson). I think I've already watched Lost In Translation four times but I'd watch it again and again.
    I've got a bit of a crush on Scarlett Johansson so seeing her walk around in her underwear or the shot of her butt at the beginning wasnt the worst thing ever. Part of what I think is so great about this film is that at different times different aspects of it have appealled to me, at one time I'll watch it and its the loneliness and heartbreak of Johansson's character which resonates the most at other times (like presently) its Bill Murray's character, his faded grandeur, estrangement from family and quiet disillusionment as he gets older are the most striking.

It's funny because a lot of young people I know and even most of the people in my own age group consider it Johansson's movie when its actually Murray on the box and Murray who features the most throughout the movie. While they are different age groups I kind of think that both characters are experiencing a lot of things in common.

There is a cultural aspect too I think, they are all outsiders in Japan, its one of the few movies, I'm told by friends, which really gets the experience of being a westerner in Japan for any length of time correct.

It's one of the few human interest films which I think manages to do a convincing portrayal of how life really is, just enough happening to keep you interested but not a lot of drama and crisis.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Machete (2010) - (Short version) Hilarious blood feast with a lot of well-known actors, anxiously awaiting Machete kills and Machete kills again.

Just got done watching a crazy science fiction movie about clones called "Moon", starring Keving Spacey. Pretty awesome movie...

[YOUTUBE="twuScTcDP_Q"]Moon[/YOUTUBE]
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Great Expecations

Definitely worth the $30 my boyfriend spent on it.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8O_Ot-wCIg"]Documentary film ReindeerSpotting is a documentary film of a group of young guys living in Rovaniemi Finland, Arctic Circle, dabbling in petty crime and hard drugs. One of them, Jani, has lost five years of his life and two fingers to his debotators. He wants to leave Lapland and his old life behind. Robbing a supermarket is a start for his getaway. A few years back a documentarist, Joonas Neuvonen, was a young men living on social welfare, using drugs on daily basis. He started to film his friends and their life. This is the story of Jani.[/YOUTUBE]

hmmm. dunno really what to say about this. i bet its a real eye opener for people who has no idea about this kind of stuff and to people who think they do know. i think every kid(maybe not too young) and young adults should see this movie and im sure this would keep atleast few out of hard drugs. Jani died in july.

i think you might be able to get this with english subtitles at some point since they made trailer with english subtitles also..

to people who didnt get it, everything on the film is real, this happened around 2003
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member Array Idec Sdawkminn's Avatar
    MBTI
    EPIC

Last thing I watched was Terminator 2. It was my second time seeing it, but I didn't remember much of it. I watched the first one for the first time a couple nights ago. Still haven't seen the 3rd or 4th one. The second one reminded me of the hotel scene in Hellsing Ultimate. Man, I love that show.

[YOUTUBE=0i2P1KYpGHk]YouTube - Hellsing Ultimate ep 3 (4/5)[/YOUTUBE]
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits