User Tag List

Page 62 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The Box... it was actually better than we expected it to be in a way... there's still the problem that I wanted to know MORE about what was going on than the movie told me though kind of creepy as well
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Phantonym

I watched Agora. I liked it. It's among the kinds of movies that make me feel ashamed for being a human as they keep on letting themselves be poisoned by ideas of superiority. It's almost a confirmation that nothing ever changes.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwN0DCQEiw&feature=related"]Agora[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP

What a piece of shit. They even dared to steal "Get some!" from Full Metal Jacket, but presented it in a totally serious manner, whereas in FMJ, it had an element of humor. The movie was an embarrassment, considering it's the highest grossing movie of all time.

I don't see what the big deal is. Do you really need to go to the movies to see this sort of thing? Why not read the news?

Perhaps I went into it biased because everyone loved it, but when I compare this to a movie like The Sting (viewed prior), I just don't understand the appeal. Too much action, not even close to enough substance and character. Originality!

MBTI
    INFP

It's a Wonderful Life

James Stewart is my favorite actor, and I hadn't seen this movie that almost everyone has seen. It was good. Very good.

MBTI
    INFP

Gangs of New York

Daniel Day Lewis is such a phenomenal actor. His characters are uniquely charismatic, like in There Will Be Blood. The movie captures your attention the entire time, and I love the bit in the end looking over at New York City.

I'm watching Hell Boy, its being reran on the TV again, its one of my favourite films, I love Hell Boy despite being initially unsure about it and it never fails to surprise me just how dark, dark the franchise/mythos is.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

The Concert

I've just come out of the movie, "The Concert".

Normally I only cry at brave men fighting impossible odds, but I cried at, "The Concert", and so did everyone else - to Tchaikovsky's violin concerto.

Go and see it.

MBTI
    INFP

A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)

What a waste of time. Marlon Brando was its only saving grace.

The only good thing that came out of watching that movie was Smoov-E/Mac Dre's "Hot Jalapeno" which sampled about one second of music from the movie.

MBTI
    INFP

3:10 To Yuma

I'm not big on westerns, and I loved this movie. Definitely one to watch again.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile The Prince of Persia

I've just seen the movie, "The Prince of Persia".

It is an American group fantasy pitched at adolescents by the Hollywood group fantasy machine.

And it is no surprise that the group fantasy is completely transparent and deals with the group fantasy of adolescents - sex.

It is barely disguised with a phallic dagger the centre-piece of the whole movie.

And guess what - the dagger is a magic phallic dagger, just as adolescents like to think of the phallus as magic.

Naturally the movie has a happy ending, just like the American Dream, with the magic phallic dagger finding its rightful place.

And all the other elements of American group fantasy were there, from the fantasy of commoners becoming princes to good hearted entrepreneurs. It was the American Dream writ large without the slightest hint of analysis or critique. For analysis and critique would wake the audience from their adolescent group fantasy.

However the production values were fantastic as you would expect with a budget of ten of millions of dollars. All in the hope of making more than tens of millions in return.